No announcement yet.

The Manly Arts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe this hasn't been said yet.

Never mention anything negative about her weight.

Umbrellas are unmanly.
    Better to die quick,
    Fighting on your feet.
    Than to live forever,
    Begging on your knees.

Comment

Smile at her a lot, be nice and talk to her.

It is impossible to speak in such a way that you cannot be misunderstood.- K.Popper
      Strength is the outcome of need, security sets a premium on feebleness.-Wells

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligangsta View Post
        Umbrellas are unmanly.
        Unless you're Gene Kelly.

Singing In The Rain - Singing In The Rain (Gene Kelly) [HD Widescreen] - YouTube
        Starting (3/14/2011) = 5" x 4"
        Current (7/16/2013) = 5.75" x 4.125"

Short-Term Goal = BPEL 6"
        Long-Term Goal = 7.5" x 5.5"

Comment

Gene Kelly ROCKED.
          Pirate Diplomacy:
          The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

This is not practical advice per se, but fertile ground for acculmulating very manly skills.

Be more like Batman!

Batman is a "normal" man, without super human powers, but has honed his skills and knowledge to a powerful level. He is skilled in hand to hand combat. He is skilled in engineering. He is a skilled driver. He is skilled in weapons. He has a great knowledge of science. He is in peak physical condition. He has the balls to do what others don't, and he doesn't brag about any of it. You don't have to be Batman, just use the philosophy of Batman to better yourself.

For example:
            * Learn something about your car that you can fix yourself.
            * Take a defensive driving course, or have a track day
            * Read a book on a science topic that you haven't read before
            * Learn something detailed in an area of anatomy or medicine
            * Start working out (or keep working out)
            * Help a stranger
            * For the weapons thing, it could be something as harmless as learning to juggle. It's not a weapon, but it's a skilled use of an object. For me, I like to learn a new Poi trick.
            * Hand to hand combat might indeed invole learning a martial art, or maybe tai chi even. Or taking up a competitive team sport. Heck just getting out in the back yard and practicing some karate kicks is better than nothing

Batman has a whole range of skills I haven't covered. He can be a powerful source of inspiration for being a better man. Every step closer to being more like Batman can only be a good thing.

Batman!

Comment

.....That ... is the best piece of advice.
              Ever.
              "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
              Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
              Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
              As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate View Post
                The point of this thread is not to be some sort of all knowing guide to a successful relationship. Of course you must live your own relationship and find the middle ground with your partner.
                The point is try to collect in one place all of the little tidbits that, for whatever reason, men are generally expected to know. And yes, I know, the thread is heavily weighted towards Western hetrosexuals and we are a world wide community. There is no intent to exclude anyone from contributing.

Good thread Captain.
                My time here on the forums has kind of made me decide to remain single for a very very long time ..
                this thread gives a little hope back ...
                ~ If.....
                ~ TTBB big-ginners program for JPopping boobies
                ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

Sorry to hear you feel that way Tink. Yes there are some immature people on these boards and it can seem quite misogynistic at times, but I think it is sometimes exacerbated by the anonymity brought about the internet. There are some great guys on these boards as well that have offered genuine advice and helped people through personal struggles. I feel the same way about a lot of women I've met. A handful of them have been cruel and vindictive, but I would like to believe that some bad apples shouldn't spoil the bunch and past experiences have gotten me to wise up a bit and I think it's helped me meet some truly nice and caring women recently. I would urge you not to give up looking for the right guy, but at the same time exercise a bit of caution and if your gut's telling you that he's like some of the bad guys in your past, then to probably trust it.
                  Starting as of 2/1/11: 6.4 BPEL x 4.8 MSEG (5.6 NBPEL)
                  Just hoping to put together one full month of actually sticking to a routine and go from there.
                  My goals mainly revolve around developing high EQ erections that last during sex.

Comment

People mirror you;
                    If you approach with a big smile, they'll feel more at ease and are more likely to smile back.

If you feel good about yourself, that will rub off on them and they'll feel good about you.

Confidence in yourself and seeing your own personal value can help you in every walk of life. If you are looking to improve your life, start with how you view yourself.
                    "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                    Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                    Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                    As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Isn't it funny when you're happy everyone else seems happy, and when you're in a bad mood everyone else looks like they're in a bad mood too..

Comment

About being a role model

Remember that you are a role model to some one. It is up to you to decide what sort of role model you are.
                        Pirate Diplomacy:
                        The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Comment

Say thank you to the waiter each time he or she brings you an item.
                          Don't be an ass by Making the waiter’s or waitresses job difficult with anal orders and requests.
                          ~ If.....
                          ~ TTBB big-ginners program for JPopping boobies
                          ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

TIP: If you see someone struggling with something, whether its their car, grocery's, something going bad going on in their life, or whatever, offer your help.
                            It can really brighten someones day, and its also a great feeling when you helped someone.

TIP: Open doors for people, not just for a hot babe, but everyone.

TIP: Be grateful for everything, not just the big things, but everything.

TIP: If you have a lot more grocery's than the person behind you in line, let them go ahead of you. Its a nice selfless gesture.

Comment

Learn to play an instrument, sing, do magic, juggle, clog, or any other simple performing art that can amuse a 5 year old stuck at an airport due to the weather.
                              Pirate Diplomacy:

Comment

Learn to Tango.
                                Pirate Diplomacy:

Comment

Working...
                                X