JP's Supplements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP's Supplements

I did a search for this and couldn't find anything. I was wondering if it made a difference whether I took the supplements before or after my pe routine. Thanks

Usually it's best to take supplements on an empty stomach before bed. If you're taking each supplement he lists though, try taking the Lysine in the morning and Arginine at night before bed. They don't work together, but you can get Arginine Pyroglutamate, in place of plain Arginine, which can be taken with Lysine.

Comment

Good advice from DemOne. They are dietary supplements and can be taken anytime.
      ​The enemy of good is not bad
      The enemy of good is better

Comment

Originally posted by UnitaElevation View Post
        Good advice from DemOne. They are dietary supplements and can be taken anytime.
        Although that's true, some things work differently depending on the state of your body (active/resting/sleeping). Really does depend on what the supplement is. Always best to look up information on trusted sources for how the supplements affect the body and when to take them. Not that it isn't safe to take them at any time, it's just sometimes doesn't benefit you the way you want something to, and sometimes doesn't fit in around what you eat or do at a particular time. Everyone is different.

Comment

On the bottle of L-lysine, it recommends it be taken on an empty stomach. Some of the supplements can cancel eachother out, as DemOne said.

As for "right before or right after a workout," the supplements work by entering your bloodstream, and each will remain at high concentrations for many hours before the liver and kidneys begin filtering them out. An energy drink a half-hour before a workout in a gym might do something for you, but timing the suppliments for PE right before or right after will make little difference.
          Concentrating on kingpole's Beginner to Advanced Beginner Routine
          Dec 1, 2010: BPEL 6.0"-- EG 6.5"
          Ultimate Goal: BPEL 8.0"-- EG 6.5" (plenty of girth already)
          Midasman's progress

Comment

Working...
          X