Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does rice (from rice sock) need to be replaced?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does rice (from rice sock) need to be replaced?

I just saw GoingforGold commenting this:

I still don't use lube or rice sock so maybe one day I can get a big screen tv with all the money I saved on rice and lube.
    He's obviously joking about that, but anyways that made me think about the title's question. Is it necessary to replace the rice in the sock? If so, how often?

I have been using the same rice over and over (for three months); I was just thinking about adding a bit more, but, would it be interesting to replace it?

Pretty sure this was answered just yesterday in a thread about rice socks. It won't break the bank to replace it every once and a while, and to wash the sock if it looks dirty or smells bad for some reason, no?

Comment

Oops, I'm sorry I asked this again then. So that's it, I'll replace it tomorrow. I'll use a different kind of rice this time (I've been using basmati so far, will try with "bomba" (Spanish rice used for paella). I have the feeling that basmati gets colder quicker, but it could also be that I had too few rice on it.

I will wash the sock too, and so I'll use his forgotten brother until I go to change it again.

Thanks Steve!

Comment

All rice will work. However my brown basmati rice lasts me at least 25-30 minutes after being warmed up in the microwave for 1:45.

The rice doesn't HAVE to be changed but I've noticed it loses its heat slightly quicker then it did a few months ago. And the rice looks like it's burnt from all the times I've heated this thing up. (I use it like 2-5 times a day to help relax my pelvic floor)
        2/2/2018
        BPEL: 7" (+3/4")
        NPBEL: 6 1/2" (+3/4")
        MSEG: 5” (+1/4")

Comment

Aren't you supposed to eat the rice every third month for quick gains? I've heard that's how the big gainers did it.

Comment

How to replace rice:

1. Untie the knot.
            2. Empty the sock, throwing the rice to the rubbish (it was like completely dry, having lost its freshness, by the way).
            3. Realise there's no more rice in the house to refill it.
            4. Feel like an idiot.

Comment

Working...
            X