Cannabis and growth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by remek View Post
    Alcohol is good in moderation. In fact, they now say a glass or two of alcohol a day is healthy for you.
    Some of the recent reports of alcohol having some health benefits, especially for the heart, have left out something called "proxy variables." These are variables that would have been difficult to control for in any medical study. I read an interesting challenge to the idea that any amount of alcohol could be healthy. It pointed out that many of the healthy people who had moderate alcohol habits drank wine exclusively. It further reduced this showing that people who drink wine have healthier living habits in general: more exercise and more fruits and vegetables in their diets. So it was more about a set of living habits that made these wine drinkers healthier.

There are indeed some micronutrients in red wine that are very healthy. But these can be found in fresh fruit and fruit juices too without the alcohol.

Alcohol does put stress on any tissue it comes into contact with, and is especially hard on the liver.

I certainly don't oppose alcohol use. I'm just skeptical of reports that alcohol itself may have a health benefit. In a way I wish I liked it a little more. I tried having a glass of wine last summer and just about gagged. The alcohol just tastes like furniture polish to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bodistava View Post
      I notice that wether I have done my routine or not within minutes of using cannabis my flacid hang is around 5 1/2 to 6 inches which is almost my EL. The girth is quite increased as well, almost to my EG. I tend to use it right before my routine because not only does it relax me it's also a vasodialator. I've found it easier to work with my penis when it(and I) is more relaxed. I'm not saying its just because of weed, I feel alot of my progress has come from the combination of life changes I have made, but cannabis might have played a part just as much as arginine does for others.
      Maybe the next time I have some herb I'll experiment a little.

Comment

Let me tell you a story about "Pot":

Been in country (Vietnam) about 2 weeks, total Newbie.
        We were bivouacked in a tent city about 3 clicks outside of Bein Hoa.
        One day this little Vietnamese boy, about 10-11 years old came peeking into our tent and said, "Hey, G.I., you wanna some Mara-wanna?" Hell, I was boared to death and hadn't smoked any pot since leaving California, so it had been a couple of years with all the basic training and going to Ft. Bragg for Airborne.
        I said, "How much you want for some." He said, "10 Dolla." Being from California and back then, 10 dollars would get you about a Prince Albert can full of clean Mexican pot and as I still had money and really no place to spend it as we were restricted to the area, I said, "O.K, bring me some. He came back about 30 minutes later with a brown paper bag, the size you get at the super market, full of these humongus buds. These things were as long as my arm and about 8" in diameter. I said, "Holy Shit!" and paid him the 10 dollars.
        I had NEVER seen pot like this and since we didn't have any papers we used toilet paper to roll a huge joint. NOW, let me tell you, this Vietnamese pot was the most devestating thing I had ever smoked in my life. I got sooo stoned just from 3 hits that I couldn't function. I even puked and I had smoked a lot of pot in my day. Everyone that tried that big joint got totally stupid and we all spent the rest of the day sleeping or listening to music. I swear I even had an out of body experiance.
        Needless to say, in a combat zone that this isn't a good way to be. I used the rest of the bag to trade for favors and goodies and never, ever for the rest of my stay, smoked more than 1 hit at a time and that was just when I was on R&R. Awww...I'd love to have some of that now. http://www.betterman.com/images/smilies/angel.gif

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

Another thing to remember is everything(ie. pills, devices ect.) isn't going to work for everyone. I don't like alcohol, I find it hard to wake up after drinking, I get mean, and I have been known to go on quiet a tear. I also work a physical job, so saying I need something to relax at the end of the day isn't out of order in my opinion. It just so happens that I started PE around the same time I started smoking pot, so the results could be entirely coincidental. I like it though!! Hot Rod, if you do experiment, take a few hits right before you do your warm up, it'll give everything time to work. Good luck
          Current Stats:
          FSL=5 1/8 FG=4 3/16
          (ELBP)=6 5/8 NBP 6 1/4
          EG=5 3/16

GOAL:
          ELNBP=7 1/2 EG=6

Comment

Don't get me wrong. I'm not advocating smoking anything for any reason. That incident happened over 40 years ago. But like bodistava, I still smoke a little pot ocassionally to relax and focus. I quit drinking many years ago when I saw the path I was taking.
            Take the supplements I recommend in the Beginners Routine and have a healthy life style. JP

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

caffeine is a mix bag. It is even in penis pills. O gues in this sense i sppeds up the vasodilation propertis of say ginkgo or ginseng. The caffeine in green tea is rendered useless by the L-ptheanine that it contains. This is why i prefer green tea over coffee. Green tea seems to give me longevity and rock hard erections. This i know for sure because there was a time i took only green tea.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Good point, king. From my research, green tea appears to have the best caffeine for you in that when you drink green tea you don't get the "caffeine crashes" like you do with soda and coffee.
                "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X