Night peeing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NOWHARD View Post
    Hi If this is a regular thing happening? I think you should ask your doctor for a DRE to be done ( DRE Digital Rectal Examination ) doing this checks out your prostate to see if its enlarged, could be just a BPH.

But one of the side effects of an enlarged prostate is going to the toilet a few times during the night.

Do you get the feeling your bladder is not empty.

How your erections?

Are you ejaculating OK?

NOWHARD
    As I said before, The internal medicine doctor said all my abdominal area organs working good, including bladder and no prostate enlargement. Not sure if she needs morethan ultrasound to figure a problem in both.

I feel sometimes my bladder not empty, however not sure if it is due to a problem or just because drinking a lot of water/fluids. I also drink herbal teas, eat lemon, lime, grapefruit. So you can imagine what a big amount of water my body absorbing everyday.

My erections are good, no PE no ED.

My ejaculation quantity and quality plus ability to stay long in sex are my best attributes, even better than EQ.
    Length 7.7" Girth 6.4"
    Goal L 8.3" G 6.8"

Purity and simplicity are the two wings with which man soars above the earth and all temporary nature.

Comment

Originally posted by bignope View Post
      Obvious disclaimer; I am not a doctor, this is not medical advice.

Try drinking pedialyte in the hours before bed, when you wake up thirsty or after exercise. The kidneys work to keep electrolyte levels at a fixed level. If you consume only pure water and your electrolytes are in balance your kidneys will simply discard it. Many people who are exercising a lot and drinking only pure water are actually losing electrolytes to sweat which will cause water loss as your body seeks homeostasis. Especially if you try to eat a low salt diet without necessity. If your blood pressure and kidneys are healthy salt is just fine and you will discard any excess.

As others have mentioned, you should try not to drink so much near bedtime to begin with. You might also see how much caffeine you're getting. There are a number of things which can irritate the bladder, creating urgency, and causing you to pee more frequently in smaller quantities. Look it up and see if you're eating any of these things. I know it may seem gross, but measure your pee volume. Is it a very small volume? Less than say 200ml? If so it shouldn't really be creating much urgency and you may be waking for other reasons and simply noticing you have to pee.
      Not just pedialyte but I feel that any kind of liquid will make me wake up if drank close to bedtime.

I do exercise regularly, and eat low salt low sugar food but I do not think am loosing electrolytes and not replacing it because I eat bananas, dates, milk, yogurt. Also taking multivitamins and drinking bottled water(good brand).

I do not drink coffee or any caffeine related products.

Actually, almost evertime I wake up, am peeing at least 200ml(even in daytime too), I wonder from where this quantity came because already peed before going to sleep!
      Length 7.7" Girth 6.4"
      Goal L 8.3" G 6.8"

Purity and simplicity are the two wings with which man soars above the earth and all temporary nature.

Comment

Your body will actual retain pedialyte better than water. It is designed for this purpose. A very small amount of glucose and salt in water would accomplish the same. It will not go through you as fast. Your body tries to maintain a fixed amount of sodium. If you don't eat much sodium and drink a lot of plain water you will pee a lot. This is a fact.

Comment

<Off topic comment removed>
          Tamora
          Retired Super Moderator
          Member of the Month Aug 2015
          PEGym Hero
          Last edited by Tamora; 02-16-2018, 02:30 PM.
          How did I get here?

Well I was looking for Pygmy.com (I gotta thing for small people, so what), and ended up here.
          And I've been here ever since.

Comment

I'd try stopping drinking 2-3 hours before bed.

Comment

Originally posted by bignope View Post
              Your body will actual retain pedialyte better than water. It is designed for this purpose. A very small amount of glucose and salt in water would accomplish the same. It will not go through you as fast. Your body tries to maintain a fixed amount of sodium. If you don't eat much sodium and drink a lot of plain water you will pee a lot. This is a fact.
              Okay, will try drinking sea salt with water or eating it with eggs. Any certain gram/s recommended?
              Length 7.7" Girth 6.4"
              Goal L 8.3" G 6.8"

Comment

Originally posted by halcyon_ View Post
                I'd try stopping drinking 2-3 hours before bed.
                Trying to do that, also switching my food schedule. Yesterday night, only woke up once, after doing interval training for an hour, drank only 2 cups of yogurt and little water then went to sleep after 2 hours.

Started to sleep earlier than before as switched my late training to earlier hour.
                Length 7.7" Girth 6.4"
                Goal L 8.3" G 6.8"

Comment

Buy a liter of actual pedialyte. Use it in the hours before bed if you must drink. You should need less fluid and pee less if my hypothesis is correct. You really have little to lose trying this. If it does help, you can later figure out how much salt to add to water to create a similar mixture for nearly free. It should be somewhere around a teaspoon or two per-liter. The concentration in blood is around a tablespoon per liter. If you drink that you will just shit water since your gut won't absorb it. A small amount of sugar has been proven to aid in hydration as well. This was the original idea behind gatoraid before they just turned it into a high-fructose corn syrup mess.

Comment

i pee throughout the night even when i stop liquid hours before bed.

Comment

An update: Am waking up once per night sleep to pee while other times when I wake up, there is an erection which helps me to not pee so I force myself to sleep again instead of going to toilet.
                      Length 7.7" Girth 6.4"
                      Goal L 8.3" G 6.8"

Comment

Working...
                      X