Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

day 1 of an SSRI treatment eliminates my ED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• day 1 of an SSRI treatment eliminates my ED!

In the past year i have developed sexual dysfunction. dont get morning erections, loss of libido, cant get an erection, difficulty to orgasm.

but curiously on two occasions I was given 2 different types of SSRI top try and treat depression - luvox and lexapro.

to cut it simply - the first day i took luvox the next morning i was was fully fiunctioning sexuallyn for the first time in month... but because of the side effects - sleep loss mainly.. i couldn't stay on them for longer than a week.

a few months later i tried lexapro and tolerated it well and the same thing happened - my sexual function was restored within the first day of treatment and i had hyper-sexual type "masturbate 5 times a day" constant erections".

in the opast ive never had that side ffect with luvox when i was on it for 3 months in 2010

i am well aware that ssri's cause sexual dysfunction but i find it interesting that somehow taking the pill after 1 day somehow neurologically restored my brain to correct functioning.

i got a whole abttery of blood work done by the doctor and its all come back im healthy (im 37) but he was puzzled and didnt make much comment of how both ssri's did this.

my theory is that ive got some kind of neurological issue going on with serotonin, dopamine etc in the sexual centers of my brain.. and that by quirky nature the ssri fixes it on the first day.. the right centers of the brain are instantly activated.. the depression and social anxiety take a month to kick in but somehow the sexual dysfunction is fixed on the first day... whether its a drug like luvox or lexapro.

when i was on lexapro for 12 weeks last year i was like a 15 year old boy. im considering trying it again for testing purposes and seeing if it happens for a third time in a row but was wondering if anybody had any theories as to what might be happening or if they've ever heard of it before or have any links about some similar results..

I know wellbutrin Increased my libido.

Comment

Or it could be a placebo type thing ,either way enjoy.

Comment

SSRI class drugs are powerful inhibitors and Lexapro is among the strongest. You seem to be unsure of which drug to take or as if just playing around with different type drugs? What is the reason for taking them? Depression or anxiety? Have they been prescribed or are you just "testing" them at will? Ever bothered to find out the cause of your ED or not? These temporary changes you are experiencing could either be temporary effect of the drug on the primal cause (psycho) or could be metabolic/hormonal changes.

But one thing is for sure, long term use of them, especially lexapro, often leads to impaired sexual ability. So handle with care and involve a physician not just yourself.

Cheers
        We are Manchester United... We do what we want!

Comment

Working...
        X