I think my ED is due to prolactin from meds that I take

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think my ED is due to prolactin from meds that I take

Is there a way to counteract prolactin and its effects? Injection/shot? I take ziprasidone (geodon) 160mgs.

I am planning to make a change of drugs with my doctor but this will be the third time doing so because of ED. So what is it about the antipsychotics? The third time, I hope my doctor will understand what is going on and based on that choose something that won't become a problem. Are medications like this? This is the only thing thatt I can think of that is the cause for my ED. My ejaculate doesn't spurt forth and I get just a little bit of it and my orgasms have died down in intensity. I shouldn't have kept quiet all this time, I should hav spoken out a long time ago, its been a year atleast since I was on geodon which was a replacement for something else that was causing ED and it goes on like this. I'm gonna have to troubleshoot this problem.
    Robin1977
    Last edited by Robin1977; 03-23-2013, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I would say definitely address the issue with your doctor. Ask him/her about Cabergoline. It reduces prolactin, but you would be using it off-label. But it might be easier or wiser to just change medications. Excess prolactin is awful. It's what causes the male refractory period, so if you constantly have elevated levels an erection is impossible or extremely difficult.

Remember also though that AAP's commonly have these side effects, so an alternative might not be easy to find. Recreationally some people have been known to take such drugs specifically to prevent premature ejaculation. A different class of drug, such as the SSRI Dapoxetine, was used off-label to treat PE, and was so effective that it's now FDA approved treatment. It can not only prevent PE, but prevent ejaculation completely, and even result in a complete inability to get an erection. So bottom line is just work closely with your doctor and make sure they know that this is a priority issue for you, and an unacceptable side effect.

Good luck!

Comment

I have been putting up with the BS for too long but I have made the appointment and I have done prolactin and testosterone lab work. I have put up with this for two years without a clue as to what to do but my meds have already been changed and I'm still under the same circumstances. And yeah I am going to ask my doctor about cabergoline, will I be able to get a prescrription for it Jstane? I'm sure I would just dont exactly don't know what will happen but again I'm bringing up my issue of utter sexual dysfunction and I badly want to recover. I'm gonna first mention about a prolactin inhibitor see what he thinks and mention cabergoline.........I don't know how the converrsation is going to go but he has to realize what I'm going through and I get a prescription that tames down my anti psychotic but he will understand I'm sure as this is an understandable situation and obviously doesn't happen to just me but boy I'm ready for a miracle drug that can set the gears into motion. Its been very stifling, awful. I need the right drugs forr this problem. I didn't underrstand some of the things you said but thanks for your reply. There was something else called bromocriptine.

Comment

Working...
        X