How to overcome "Overthinking"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
    There is sharing with another person, that which is being over thought. It can have the result of lessening the burden, freeing you up to consider an 'issue' differently.

Diary entry(s) are akin to opening up a thread in a appropriate forum. Reading what troubles you is very different than just keeping the thinking 'locked between your ears'.

Prayer, it can be very helpful.

An issue can have several facets to to it. Like a cut diamond has several sides, so does your 'issue'.
    Develop thinking that looks at things in several contexts or sides.
    The more you can un-stick yourself from just one viewpoint, and look at others, the better you will be. ( Don't be a binary thinker. 1 or 0, right or wrong, black or white, etc. )
    I feel much better just talking about it here honestly, im not sure how to not be binary thinker usually when i get the feeling about something i honesty always feel like its either "this" or "that" rarely ever do i find myself confused between decisions.

Un-sticking yourself to something sounds like moving on to me. How can you unstick out of your own decisions tho?

Comment

Learn how to still your mind. Keeping physically active, meditation, spiritual pursuits and the like can all be useful for this purpose.
      Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
        Learn how to still your mind. Keeping physically active, meditation, spiritual pursuits and the like can all be useful for this purpose.
        Learning to still the mind is where im struggling, Its like having yourself convinced how do you unconvince yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Undead View Post
          I feel much better just talking about it here honestly, im not sure how to not be binary thinker usually when i get the feeling about something i honesty always feel like its either "this" or "that" rarely ever do i find myself confused between decisions.

Un-sticking yourself to something sounds like moving on to me. How can you unstick out of your own decisions tho?
          Just the fact you're aware this type of thinking even exists bodes well for you

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Learning to still the mind is where im struggling, Its like having yourself convinced how do you unconvince yourself?
            Introspection is a necessary part of it. You may also get to a point to where you realize your time here on Earth is fleeting, so why waste it devoting your energies to unproductive and even harmful mindsets. It really does come down to choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
              Introspection is a necessary part of it. You may also get to a point to where you realize your time here on Earth is fleeting, so why waste it devoting your energies to unproductive and even harmful mindsets. It really does come down to choice.
              Thanks took me 2 days to fully put this into consideration.

Comment

Thanks took me 2 days to fully put this into consideration.
                Some spend their whole lives in this pursuit.

Comment

Let me think about it and I will get back to you.
                  FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
                  The Ultimate V (The UV)
                  Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                  Heated Bundled LAS
                  Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Originally posted by rbi99 View Post
                    Let me think about it and I will get back to you.
                    LOL dont over think now...

Comment

Meditation is the only way. And the other ways that other people mentioned. But meditate dude it's amazing I feel so calm like a sleeping cat. I have major problems with over thinking. Anxiety. Depression. Paranoia.
                      8-10-2017:
                      6.7x4.8
                      NOW:
                      7x5

log

Comment

I read a book called The Power of Now by Ekhart Tolle really helped me. i truly think I would be dead or in a mental asylum by now if I had not read this just before my nervous breakdown!

Truly Undead I would say this will really help. At the end of the day it is just about being present and meditation. But it is just a great pathway into this subject! Buy it now!
                        8-10-2017:
                        6.7x4.8
                        NOW:
                        7x5

log

Comment

Originally posted by dualdimension View Post
                          I read a book called The Power of Now by Ekhart Tolle really helped me. i truly think I would be dead or in a mental asylum by now if I had not read this just before my nervous breakdown!

Truly Undead I would say this will really help. At the end of the day it is just about being present and meditation. But it is just a great pathway into this subject! Buy it now!
                          You are not the only one to mention this to me and its to a point that i have been thinking of doing it for a while. I cant think of anything else that would help improve overthink, i have already passed thru that stage in my life but i would like to prevent that in the future.

Comment

Anything that is making you angry is not really present it is just in your mind and part of ego. Just keep focusing on your breathing, being aware of your surroundings, your body, aware of your sensations. Focus on this and your thoughts stop and become weaker and you feel peace.
                            8-10-2017:
                            6.7x4.8
                            NOW:
                            7x5

log

Comment

I will look into the book mentioned thanks, i have plenty of time at hands now and i hope to gain some knowledge on meditation.

Comment

The best thing about meditation is it is really simple, practice is the goal! You always improving. You can do it right now. Just sit down close your eyes and focus on your breath, just listen to that. And if a thought pops into your mind bring the focus back to the sound of your breath. Keep practicing and it becomes easier and easier. I like to focus just below my tummy button, this is also a chakra. Can't remembre which one. The important thing is focusing on one thing at a time. Before you know it you will be more aware of your present state and the sounds and feelings around you. It is really amazing and blissfull. Give it a go!
                                8-10-2017:
                                6.7x4.8
                                NOW:
                                7x5

log

Comment

Working...
                                X