hgh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hgh

my hgh test came back 0.26 ug/L there is no reference ranges do you think this is normal?

Why don't you ask your doctor?

Comment

Ask Pegasus, he'll know.

He'll be asleep at the moment, down under.
      Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

It's absolutely normal. Hgh is released is pulses, mostly during sleep. The reference range would probably be under 3 ug/l, a single value of hgh cannot diagnose deficiency and yours is low enough that there is no reason to suspect a pituitary tumor leading to acromegaly. Is there any specific reason why you measured it?

Comment

This area in adults is only recently being studied .
          There is a variety of methods of measure which give different results .
          I would also ask why this was measured ? My experience with testosterone fills me with dread saying this, but in this case you may have to rely on the doc to advise you .

Just for interest I grabed this from an article be aware it talks of trying to come to a standard test .
          To bring some consistency to the field, a recent consensus statement recommended that severe GHD be defined as a peak GH response of less than 3 ng/ml during an ITT (172). The findings of Hoffman et al. (173) support the choice of this diagnostic definition; they studied a variety of methods of diagnosing GHD in 23 hypopituitary patients and 35 normal subjects carefully matched for age, sex, and body mass index (BMI). Compared with their normal counter parts, the patients with organic hypopituitarism had significantly lower peak GH responses to an ITT, lower integrated GH concentration (IGHC) from 20-min sampling over 24 h, and lower IGF-I and IGFBP-3 levels (Fig. 4). There was a complete segregation of the peak GH response to an ITT between the normal and GH-deficient subjects irrespective of age or adiposity. No normal subject had a GH response below 5 ng/ml, and no subject with organic hypo-pituitarism had a response greater than 3 ng/ml. In contrast to the ITT, there was a significant overlap of IGHC, IGF-I, and IGFBP-3 values between groups (173).

Comment

Working...
          X