Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultimate Burrito View Post
    UB's Initial Weigh-In: 202.2 lbs @ 7/22/2020 10:30

I'll be weighing myself everyday around 10:30AM.
    7/23/2020 weigh-in @ 10:30: 200.4 lbs (-1.8 lbs)
    Progress Log | Extender Progress Log
    Recommended Routine
    2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > 2020 (8 x 5 3/4) > Oct 2021 (7 1/2 x 5 3/4)
    BPEL Gains: 2.5" | MEG Gains: 1.25"

Comment

Don't want to tell you how to do your thing but they best time to weigh in is immediately after you wake up and urinate...

It alleviates all the other possible variables like liquids (water,coffee) and obviously food.
      It could also be the difference between you winning and losing this bet if your opponent weighs in first thing in the morning.
      I encourage you to try it to see if it differs from your current weight.
      If you do stick to 10.30 am you will need you opponent to reciprocate the action for a fair competition.
      25th june 2020: BPEL 14cm x EG 11cm (NBPEL 11.5cm) NBPFL 8.5cm x FG 10cm
      5th August 2020: BPEL 16.5cm x EG 13cm (NBPEL 14.5cm) NBPFL 10cm x FG 10.5cm
      25th september: ??
      Goal 18cmx16cm
      https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...eekly-log.html

Comment

Originally posted by 6and4.2 View Post
        Don't want to tell you how to do your thing but they best time to weigh in is immediately after you wake up and urinate...
        I'd agree with this. This is how I weigh in. I will most likely only weigh in on Monday's going forward, but :

7/23 Weigh In : 198.6 lbs (-1.8 lbs)

We should all keep in mind, weight naturally fluctuates 2-4 lbs from day to day, so gain or loss of 2 lbs or less doesn't represent anything permanent.
        START : 2/6/2020
        BPEL : 5.875" - BaseEG : 5.25" - MSEG : 5.0"
        CURRENT : 11/18/2021
        BPEL : 7.5" - BaseEG : 5.75" - MSEG : 5.75"

BPEL GOAL : 7.5+" - MSEG GOAL : 5.75+"

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimate Burrito View Post
          Ahh enjoyed another good meal of chicken and broccoli to finish off the leftovers and it was delish! Found an awesome website with healthy meals and decided to try this recipe tomorrow:
          https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/c...-green-cabbage

Researched and found that I can drink up to 3 Michelob's a day but only had one tonight and there is also no carbs in whiskey! Maybe this isn't going to be so misrealble after all. Tomorrow I'm hoping to dive under 200lbs.
          So this is how that meal turned out. The cabbage is amazing.
          Snapchat-299509971.jpg
          Recommended Routine
          2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > 2020 (8 x 5 3/4) > Oct 2021 (7 1/2 x 5 3/4)

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
            Well. Good luck to both contestants but I must say15 lbs lost in the time allowed in neither healthy or permanent and more than likely a lot of water weight loss. Just saying.
            I have to disagree with this somewhat. My goal is technically 15 pounds in 5 weeks. We've only allotted about 4 for this, so maybe it's slightly unrealistic. That's also why I said, if neither gets to 15 lbs, then whoever lost the most wins, just to keep it to a finite time period.

For long-term, large-scale weight loss, 1-2 lbs per week is the most sustainable, healthy thing to do. However, short term bursts to lose 10-20 lbs at up to 4 lbs lost per week are totally manageable for a few weeks at a time, and assuming you don't revert to old habits, should result in permanent loss. The trick is to stick with a healthy diet and lifestyle afterward long enough to establish a new set point. This strategy can be good for those who don't really want to "count calories" or whatever ad infinitum. A series of these bursts at one or two per year for a couple of years can be quite effective.

I did this about a year-and-a-half back and lost about 25 pounds in 6 weeks, successfully moving my set point from 225 to 200. I've been within 5 pounds of 200 now for over a year. Now I want to lose the last 15.

As boring as it is, it really does boil down to calories in vs calories out. Let's look at an example and break down my strategy.

Probably the most controversial part is figuring out an accurate daily metabolic rate to start. I used this tool, just to get a round number, but keep in mind this will vary from source to source, and it's very tough to know for sure. This says I will burn 2,780 calories per day.

So:

Calories / Day = 2,780
            Calories / Week = 19,460

Calories / lb = 3,500
            Pounds / Week = 3
            Deficit / Week = 10,500

Remainder / Week = 8,960

On the face of it, a diet of 1,200 calories a day for 4-6 weeks is not unhealthy, and can result in sustained weight loss, assuming you have a good plan to eat what you need to maintain that new set point going forward. Of course if you return immediately to overconsumption, this will not result in sustainable weight loss, but not because you lost the weight too fast.

My strategy will involve intermittent fasting. Here's a rough breakdown of what will start this coming Sunday:

Sunday : Fast
            Monday : 1,000 calories (protein load)
            Tuesday : 1,250 calories (low carb/keto)
            Wednesday : 1,500 calories (low carb/keto)
            Thursday : Fast
            Friday : 1,500 calories (low carb/keto)
            Saturday : Cheat (call it 3,500 calories)

That's a total caloric load of about 9,000 / week, and again, those are round numbers. Keep that up for 5 weeks, and I'm at 15 pounds lost. Then I can return to essentially eating 2,500 - 3,000 calories a day and exercising regularly to establish a new set point around 185.

That's the plan, anyway.
            madyogi
            Member of the Month April 2020
            PEGym Hero
            Last edited by madyogi; 07-23-2020, 12:16 PM.

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

Originally posted by madyogi View Post
              I have to disagree with this somewhat. My goal is technically 15 pounds in 5 weeks. We've only allotted about 4 for this, so maybe it's slightly unrealistic. That's also why I said, if neither gets to 15 lbs, then whoever lost the most wins, just to keep it to a finite time period.

For long-term, large-scale weight loss, 1-2 lbs per week is the most sustainable, healthy thing to do. However, short term bursts to lose 10-20 lbs at up to 4 lbs lost per week are totally manageable for a few weeks at a time, and assuming you don't revert to old habits, should result in permanent loss. The trick is to stick with a healthy diet and lifestyle afterward long enough to establish a new set point. This strategy can be good for those who don't really want to "count calories" or whatever ad infinitum. A series of these bursts at one or two per year for a couple of years can be quite effective.

I did this about a year-and-a-half back and lost about 25 pounds in 6 weeks, successfully moving my set point from 225 to 200. I've been within 5 pounds of 200 now for over a year. Now I want to lose the last 15.

As boring as it is, it really does boil down to calories in vs calories out. Let's look at an example and break down my strategy.

Probably the most controversial part is figuring out an accurate daily metabolic rate to start. I used this tool, just to get a round number, but keep in mind this will vary from source to source, and it's very tough to know for sure. This says I will burn 2,780 calories per day.

So:

Calories / Day = 2,780
              Calories / Week = 19,460

Calories / lb = 3,500
              Pounds / Week = 3
              Deficit / Week = 10,500

Remainder / Week = 8,960

On the face of it, a diet of 1,200 calories a day for 4-6 weeks is not unhealthy, and can result in sustained weight loss, assuming you have a good plan to eat what you need to maintain that new set point going forward. Of course if you return immediately to overconsumption, this will not result in sustainable weight loss, but not because you lost the weight too fast.

My strategy will involve intermittent fasting. Here's a rough breakdown of what will start this coming Sunday:

Tuesday : 1,200 calories (low carb/keto)
              Wednesday : 1,500 calories (med carb load)
              Friday : 1,500 calories (med carb/keto)

That's a total caloric load of about 8,700 / week. Keep that up for 5 weeks, and I'm at 15 pounds lost. Then I can return to essentially eating 2,500 - 3,000 calories a day and exercising regularly to establish a new set point around 185.

That's the plan, anyway.
              <the Burrito aggressively takes note>

Recommended Routine

Comment

Again good luck guys.
                A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

So:

Calories / Day = 2,780
                  Calories / Week = 19,460

Calories / lb = 3,500
                  Pounds / Week = 3
                  Deficit / Week = 10,500

Remainder / Week = 8,960

Tuesday : 1,250 calories (low carb/keto)
                  Wednesday : 1,500 calories (low carb/keto)
                  Friday : 1,500 calories (low carb/keto)

That's a total caloric load of about 9,000 / week, and again, those are round numbers. Keep that up for 5 weeks, and I'm at 15 pounds lost. Then I can return to essentially eating 2,500 - 3,000 calories a day and exercising regularly to establish a new set point around 185.

That's the plan, anyway.
                  Just one quick comment on the calories in/out topic. While it's largely true that it's the primary factor, all calories are not equal. 1000 calories of donuts will not satiate, nourish, or metabolize the same as 1000 calories of chicken or salmon. Quality of calories and macro composition does matter. FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny D View Post
                    Just one quick comment on the calories in/out topic. While it's largely true that it's the primary factor, all calories are not equal. 1000 calories of donuts will not satiate, nourish, or metabolize the same as 1000 calories of chicken or salmon. Quality of calories and macro composition does matter. FWIW.
                    This is true, though I reserve the right to consume shitty calories in whatever macro composition I want on my cheat day.
                    madyogi
                    Member of the Month April 2020
                    PEGym Hero
                    Last edited by madyogi; 07-23-2020, 03:51 PM.

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

Thermodynamics is kinda fun
                      1 inch at a time
                      GOAL: +1.5 BPEL, +1 MEG
                      Progress Log

Comment

Originally posted by JustALilMore View Post
                        Thermodynamics is kinda fun
                        Okay, I'll bite. Thermodynamics is a large field. Are you referring to the thermic effect of specific foods? More generally to the amount of energy required to "burn a calorie"? Other things?

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

Come work with me in my new sweat shop. I’ve lost 3 pounds in a week and sample product covered in butter. Then do dinner and a few beers.
                          A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                            Come work with me in my new sweat shop. I’ve lost 3 pounds in a week and sample product covered in butter. Then do dinner and a few beers.
                            Sounds like thermodynamics to me. I sure do miss going to the sauna at my local gym ...

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

Okay, I'll bite. Thermodynamics is a large field. Are you referring to the thermic effect of specific foods? More generally to the amount of energy required to "burn a calorie"? Other things?
                              Pretty much.
                              Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, but it damn sure can be stored as fat.

And generally, if energy out > energy in, you lose weight.
                              1 inch at a time
                              GOAL: +1.5 BPEL, +1 MEG
                              Progress Log

Comment

1 kg a week lost is perfect and sustainable however there is no shame in blasting more than that away especially if you keep it off

Who ever wants to win more look up the "joker diet"
                                25th june 2020: BPEL 14cm x EG 11cm (NBPEL 11.5cm) NBPFL 8.5cm x FG 10cm
                                5th August 2020: BPEL 16.5cm x EG 13cm (NBPEL 14.5cm) NBPFL 10cm x FG 10.5cm
                                25th september: ??
                                Goal 18cmx16cm
                                https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...eekly-log.html

Comment

Working...
                                X