Creatine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr.growmymeat View Post
    Creatine with cause weight gain in the form of water, not muscle and definitely not fat. Don't freak out because I said creatine doesn't build muscle, protein does. Creatine allows you to workout harder and possibly up the weight, it provides powerful and quick burst of energy allowing you're muscle's to contract harder, faster, and more effeciently. You want to be looking for strength gains with creatine and should be taking 5-8 or even 10 grams per day. You should be drinking at least a gallon of water a day while on creatine and taking in lots of protein to help out your kidneys and make sure you're hydrated in general. Creatine is definitely beneficial to improve you're workout intensity and ultimately you're long term muscle gains. I take 5 grams an hour before I workout then 2 or 3 grams after my workout. I like to take it for 8 weeks then cycle off for 4. You can get quality creatine pretty cheap if you shop around(mainly online) SUPP STORES are generally a ripoff. If you pay more than $15 for 500 grams its a rip-off. Also try to find german made creatine. Just look at the creatine you buy and if say its "creapure" "or highest quality german creatine" that is what you want.
    Awesome post and information. Thanks bro....I appreciate it. I ordered some this morning online and paid $15 for 250 grams........I took it for about 8 weeks so I'll cycle off for the next 4 then and see what happens.
    It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

If you bought regular creatine monohydrate, which is not bad creatine and very affordable, you should load it. Well you don't have to, but I recommend it. For the first week, take in about 20-25 grams a day of creatine every day of the week. This saturates your body with the creatine and will provide the fastest results. After this week you can return to 5-10 grams a day Some creatine should not be loaded. Also during the loading period you should not consume alcohol or anything else that will really dehydrate you. Google is your friend here.

I am a big proponent of creatine and have always gained like a mad man when taking it in a 6-8 week cycle.

Comment

I think 20-25 grams is ridiculous.. I take maybe 11 grams a day and see ridiculously fast results.. but 2.5 - 4 Gs are ConCRETE and not mono
        Jan 1 2016: 6.6" BPEL 4.4" MSEG

Current: 6.6" BPEL 4.5" MSEG

Goal for Jan 1 2017: 7" BPEL 5.1" MSEG

Goal for Jan 1 2018: 7.3" BPEL 5.3" MSEG

Ultimate Goal: 7.5" BPEL 5.5" MSEG

Comment

MBD, Pegasus is absolutely correct. I have taken it with protein for many years and it worked well for me. I also tried mixing it with grape juice as recommended by many but I seen no difference. Once you have it in your system it will stay as long as you keep taking your daily dose. I preferred to take 5 grams in the morning and 2.5 grams in the evening.

Creatine is one of the very best supplements out there along with protein Most other high dollar supplements do not do what they claim.
          Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Originally posted by mr.growmymeat View Post
            I think 20-25 grams is ridiculous.. I take maybe 11 grams a day and see ridiculously fast results.. but 2.5 - 4 Gs are ConCRETE and not mono
            There is nothing ridiculous about it when you read up on how it works. As I said this is only with certain types of creatine, monohydrate being one of them. I have never heard of ConCrete. Congrats on your fast results.

Comment

Well either way.. creatine is a wonderful supplement.. some studies show it can decrease inflamation factors and free radicals associated with intense exercise. Some studies also show it can prevent/slow the loss of muscle mass in aging people and can help facilitate healthy brain function. Just be sure to hydrate and eat healthy. I know creatine works for strength and anaerobic energy burst without a doubt.
              Jan 1 2016: 6.6" BPEL 4.4" MSEG

Current: 6.6" BPEL 4.5" MSEG

Goal for Jan 1 2017: 7" BPEL 5.1" MSEG

Goal for Jan 1 2018: 7.3" BPEL 5.3" MSEG

Ultimate Goal: 7.5" BPEL 5.5" MSEG

Comment

Im on this Protein stuff that has 5g creatine per serving, just makes your muscles retain more water for the first few weeks. Its a good supplement.

Id be sure to keep hydrated while using it!

Comment

Can creatine cause some form of gut rot? I once heard a GNC employee saying that a certain brand of protein had creatine added into it, so if you take that + additional creatine supplements over a period of time, it could cause some adverse effects like gut rot.

Has anyone heard about this?
                  "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                  Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                  Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                  As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Working...
                  X