Intermittent fasting!!!
    Start date 4-16-14 now 7-12-16
    BPFSL 7.5 BPFSL 8.25
    BPEL 6.875 BPEL 7.5
    EG 5.250 EG 5.5
    NBPEL 6 NBPEL 6.5
    EQ 7 EQ 8.5

Comment

Did you get your body fat taken? That would help you estimate your goal weight a bit better. I'm 5'7 with an athletic build, 13% body fat, and on a good day I weigh 152. I'm fairly cut at that weight. As 5'5 with bigger muscle measurements than me, I think if you hit 150 you would probably have 8%≤ body fat which isn't a reasonable goal strictly via diet. Since you're on the more muscular side beneath your fluff, I would say 180-190 would put you at an ideal weight, considering your height/muscularity and the energy levels you need for work. In my experience, the easiest way to drop weight is to basically use intermittent fasting combined with clean eating and remaining active throughout the day. Everyone's body is different but here's a basic outline I follow for my dieting/fasting:

Meal Plan:
      -lean green diet (kale, spinach, all forms of fruits and vegetables, nuts, dark grains), massive amounts of water to fight off hunger, non-packaged fresh food only, low-fat meats (turkey, chicken breast), tea w/honey instead of coffee or sugary drink.

Schedule:
      -Awake: Drink 2 glasses of water. Add lemon for an extra kick.
      -Breakfast: 30 mins after awaking preferably, but anytime between awake-10 am.
      -Lunch: 12-2 p.m.
      -Dinner: 5-6 p.m.
      -Evening Snack: 7 p.m. (serving must be smaller than your fist)
      Do not eat from 7 p.m up until breakfast the next day.

Following this diet plan, or adjusting it roughly to match your needs will definitely yield results. I lost 11 pounds in the first 2 weeks of March simply by using this in combination with light workouts.
      After JP90: 8/3/2015
      BPEL: 8.15 in.

Upon Return 11/5/2018:
      BPEL: 7.75 in.
      EG: 5.6 in.

The Dream!! : 8.5 In. x 6.5 In.

Consistence is key! Motivation is required! Results will be mandatory!

Comment

I have been eating fairly clean I think.. Or I'd weigh 320, lol.. No half a pie or B-Day cakes, gallon of ice cream.. There are 2 things that I have changed in the last 2 months even and they are bad, bad as far as diets go .. Drinking Regular Pepsi and eating at McD's once every week or 2.. Nothing huge, but say like a Junior Chicken and med Coke.. I've completely cut those out for a while now.. They were the vices...

I do hate Vegs personally but can tolerate them... I was thinking Yogart 2 pieces of toast and glass of water for BF.. Snack would be like protein bar water.. Water the whole time in between.. Can of tuna and some lettuce with Frank's Red Hot for dinner, maybe some Almond milk.. Another Protein bar afternoon.... 5 pm Supper Boneless skinless Chicken breast, baked potato, some more greens.. And The whole time water again... Some almond milk in there too along with Raisin Brain or something similar.. Might do this in 3 week stints.. Also I have some Green Coffee Bean here to use in the snack times as well..

I'll end up walking some and dumbbell, chins, for the upper body.. I can't see not doing something..
        Start: 11/2013: BPEL: 4.73" MEG: 4.5"
        Best: BPEL: 7" MEG: 5.625"
        Current:BPEL: 7" MEG: 5.5"

Comment

As of today I've lost just about 40 lbs in 24 weeks. I still have one week left. Going from 230 and around 30%bf to 190.

How did I do it? I figured out my caloric needs coupled with exercise or TDEE minus about 500 and lowered it by 200 calories every 2 weeks. Started out at 2800 cal a day and got down to 800 before coming back up to a maintenance level of I could keep and not feel miserable with. Whenever I needed a cheat day I took on, refeeds aver few weeks or as needed, diet breaks after a good 2-3 months.

Oh yeah, I kept ever ounce of muscle having never touched a weight and eating 100g of protein or less eating whatever I wanted in smaller amounts. Pretty much lived off of Lean Cuisines, protein shakes, salads, with room for ramen noodles, chocolate, chips, cookies, and ice cream. Again, I ate junk foods that fit within my calories for that day and kept salt and water consumption pretty high.

For exercise I've been working with Convict Conditioning progressions and doing a lot of walking working in a hospital (2-4miles a day). I keep track of my weight (and water weight) with a BF monitoring scale and BIA monitor every morning and adjust my pedometer watch to that weight, which is a little off in calories burned but still within a few hundred calories.
          Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

@ TGD.. Congrats on u're weight lost man!! What is surprising me the most about it is he doesn't want me to workout at all.. He didn't even want me walking on the treadmill .. I just have a fear of losing the muscle to get over I guess.. If I had my way I'd being doing Short burst of cardio with something like cross fit..

My last when I was competing in Powerlifting I weighed 198 lb and was ripped up.. I beat my ass off to meet that top part of the weight class.. When I left HS I was 207 'ish and still looking really good.. I figure if I can get myself down in the 205 range that is about all I could ask for without training..

@saltysea.. I did some fasting before when competing in the lower weight class.. Best way to put it.. Ragin' Bull or Grizzle Bear!! lol I can't do it very long..

Comment

Well I think I will try the basic Caloric Deficit method first.. I already lost 9 lbs over the last 2 months and ate garbage foods really.. And yesterday by just juggling around the amount of Cal. and protein level I lost 4 lbs right off the top.. The lowest I've been since early last fall.. 40 more to go I'm calling it at 200.. Not really eating enough actually, we know what that does.. keep u guys posted on progress from time to time...

Comment

Originally posted by master-gauge View Post
                Well I think I will try the basic Caloric Deficit method first.. I already lost 9 lbs over the last 2 months and ate garbage foods really.. And yesterday by just juggling around the amount of Cal. and protein level I lost 4 lbs right off the top.. The lowest I've been since early last fall.. 40 more to go I'm calling it at 200.. Not really eating enough actually, we know what that does.. keep u guys posted on progress from time to time...
                That's all you HAVE to do. Figure out your caloric needs and cut 500 calories from it. Eat whatever you want within reason, but do try to make some healthy choices and eat your veggies. You can dial it down to around 1500 calories a day slowly over time and not suffer, provided you take you time and do it slowly.

I really think you're putting too much into your end weight. You know it's not going to happen over night, I mean you've got months and months to decide what weight you want to get down to and plenty of time to make small changes. Till then take it day by day and don't do anything too drastic. You don't want to make dieting so painful that you don't want to do it long term.

Comment

Calorific deficit plus reasonable cardio and weight/resistance training is the tried and tested formula that works. If you make your calories primarily protein with moderate carbs to help uptake for muscle formation/repair, along with vitamins and minerals from fruit and vegetables, you will have a win.

I've lost 21 kgs (48 lbs) in 4 months from following this and making sure that I get 7-8 hours of sleep a night. I am now pretty much at my healthy weight with normal levels of body fat and good muscle formation. Start off slow and build up over time. The most important thing is routine and self-discipline. It is one thing for there to be discipline (someone else motivating or telling you to do it) but the holy grail is self-discipline...making yourself do it, even when you don't feel like it, over the duration.
                  27/07/13 - BPEL: 6.25" EG: 5.0"
                  14/08/18 - BPEL: 7.1" EG: 5.3"

Comment

If it tastes good don't eat it. There's your diet plan.

Loss of muscle??? I doubt you have that much, what's your BF%. Even if you are 10% BF you're too big for your frame and you will die at a very early age. That's how it works.

What's your resting pulse??? Bet that is bad. conditioned athlete, 60-70 BPM. You?? I bet on 100 or so at rest BPM. You have an enlarged heart yet?? That will kill you. Etc. etc. etc.

Good luck.......
                    7 1/4 inches x 5 1/4 inches Spring 2014
                    8 X 5 1/2 late summer 2014
                    8 X 5 3/4 Feb. 2015 That took a while.
                    8 X 6 goal
                    8 X 5 7/8 May 2015, wife said stop for now.

Comment

I have been eating fairly clean I think.. Or I'd weigh 320, lol.. No half a pie or B-Day cakes, gallon of ice cream.. There are 2 things that I have changed in the last 2 months even and they are bad, bad as far as diets go .. Drinking Regular Pepsi and eating at McD's once every week or 2.. Nothing huge, but say like a Junior Chicken and med Coke.. I've completely cut those out for a while now.. They were the vices...

I do hate Vegs personally but can tolerate them... I was thinking Yogart 2 pieces of toast and glass of water for BF.. Snack would be like protein bar water.. Water the whole time in between.. Can of tuna and some lettuce with Frank's Red Hot for dinner, maybe some Almond milk.. Another Protein bar afternoon.... 5 pm Supper Boneless skinless Chicken breast, baked potato, some more greens.. And The whole time water again... Some almond milk in there too along with Raisin Brain or something similar.. Might do this in 3 week stints.. Also I have some Green Coffee Bean here to use in the snack times as well..

I'll end up walking some and dumbbell, chins, for the upper body.. I can't see not doing something..
                      A couple of tips. Drinks. None, just drink water period. Add lemon if you're going to whine about taste. Any soda is bad, diet, non diet whatever, drink water at all meals. For some people that is a useless 1,000 or so calories a week, for some more like 3,000. Beverages add up. You said beer belly, tone that down or at least say I want to drink beer so I will stopping drink anything else other than water.

Crabs. Cut down on them. Big plate of pasta??? Just make it smaller and over time you will feel full without stuffing yourself. Again useless stuff, chips, cookies, anything that is a child's treat.

I won't go nuts and try to lose huge amounts of wieght in a few months or anything like that. Slow steady progress with a total redo of your diet and lifestyle is needed.
                      7 1/4 inches x 5 1/4 inches Spring 2014
                      8 X 5 1/2 late summer 2014
                      8 X 5 3/4 Feb. 2015 That took a while.
                      8 X 6 goal
                      8 X 5 7/8 May 2015, wife said stop for now.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider View Post
                        That's all you HAVE to do. Figure out your caloric needs and cut 500 calories from it. Eat whatever you want within reason, but do try to make some healthy choices and eat your veggies. You can dial it down to around 1500 calories a day slowly over time and not suffer, provided you take you time and do it slowly.

I really think you're putting too much into your end weight. You know it's not going to happen over night, I mean you've got months and months to decide what weight you want to get down to and plenty of time to make small changes. Till then take it day by day and don't do anything too drastic. You don't want to make dieting so painful that you don't want to do it long term.
                        Right on the money for Cal. intake TGD.. 1500 was the lowest I planned to eat and 1800 was my actual 500 Cal deficit using one of the BMR's calculators online.. My BMR was 2250 something for maintaining.. I'm planning-expecting this to take a full year for 40 lbs.. I will likely do this quicker when I go back to work (not a desk job).. I wasn't to do Cardio OR weights according to him so, I might try something silly like yoga again..

Haha Wlltard .. I'm about 30% BFI right now, the lowest I've ever been was 7% to 10% (weight 198 lbs when I last competed), had me some abs once upon a time.. My resting pulse is 66, blood pressure was on the low end of the normal range... I agree about soda's.. Diet pop isn't fit to drink!! Wonder how many Cals. are in shine?? lol
                        master-gauge
                        Member of the Month May 2016
                        Last edited by master-gauge; 06-22-2015, 07:01 AM.

Comment

Right on the money for Cal. intake TGD.. 1500 was the lowest I planned to eat and 1800 was my actual 500 Cal deficit using one of the BMR's calculators online.. My BMR was 2250 something for maintaining.. I'm planning-expecting this to take a full year for 40 lbs.. I will likely do this quicker when I go back to work (not a desk job).. I wasn't to do Cardio OR weights according to him so, I might try something silly like yoga again..

Haha Wlltard .. I'm about 30% BFI right now, the lowest I've ever been was 7% to 10% (weight 198 lbs when I last competed), had me some abs once upon a time.. My resting pulse is 66, blood pressure was on the low end of the normal range... I agree about soda's.. Diet pop isn't fit to drink!! Wonder how many Cals. are in shine?? lol
                          A full year? For 40lbs.... More like 8 or 9 months, which would be taking it easy.

Why are you giving up on all exercise and thinking about yoga? You were just osessing over losing muscle a few posts back. You don't think that won't happen with just yoga? You're better of working with progressive calisthenics until you're strong enough for weights again. Static stretching is useless.

If you're around 240lbs and 30% bf you easily cut down to 185lbs at 9%bf. You give yourself too many excuses for be being fat, and I think you're using the "but I'm a bodybuilder" excuse so you can keep eating too much. You're not going to be thin and weak if you lose weight, you're going to look bigger!

In defense of diet soda it's neither good nor bad for you. It's just another man made zero calorie drink you probably don't need to be drinking but it's not going to hurt your weight loss efforts. If you enjoy it have it in moderation rather than a high calorie sweet junk food. Just make sure you drink enough water to balance out the sodium in it, which isn't high but will still make you feel thirsty.

Comment

Hershel Walkers The Warrior Diet" .

The guy went from Hulking Football weight to his current MMA weight.
                            “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything” Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider View Post
                              A full year? For 40lbs.... More like 8 or 9 months, which would be taking it easy.

Why are you giving up on all exercise and thinking about yoga? You were just osessing over losing muscle a few posts back. You don't think that won't happen with just yoga? You're better of working with progressive calisthenics until you're strong enough for weights again. Static stretching is useless.

If you're around 240lbs and 30% bf you easily cut down to 185lbs at 9%bf. You give yourself too many excuses for be being fat, and I think you're using the "but I'm a bodybuilder" excuse so you can keep eating too much. You're not going to be thin and weak if you lose weight, you're going to look bigger!

In defense of diet soda it's neither good nor bad for you. It's just another man made zero calorie drink you probably don't need to be drinking but it's not going to hurt your weight loss efforts. If you enjoy it have it in moderation rather than a high calorie sweet junk food. Just make sure you drink enough water to balance out the sodium in it, which isn't high but will still make you feel thirsty.
                              "The no more lifting" was the Othro Surgeon's request, I agree I don't want to be in the late 40's early 50's and needing a new hip, I want to be using my new found penis size well into my 70's .. He only wanted me to use diet to get down there.. Which I think is nuts myself because there is has to be something done in the way of training even walking to help it along.. Had my way I would be..

Yes it is the fear of mine, losing muscle and becoming weaker.. I would look a lot better yes but I'm just use to having a lot of strength on tap a would like to keep it that way.. My main "mental" concerns is losing strength..

It does make a guy more thirsty I noticed.. I drink some that has caffeine in it for the alertness boost.. I've been guzzling water too since last Thurs and usually get to keep doing that at work..

Comment

You know there are ways to keep the muscle strong without lifting. If you have been lifting as long as you say you have or as long as I have you know this.
                                The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Working...
                                X