No announcement yet.

Weight Gain Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your always sore gator then your wasting your time you need to cut back your training frequency. 4 days is ample but even now I never train consecutive days, that way you can be assured you are recovering effectively. But you will work it out over time. Like pe, with weights less is often best
    August 09
    NBPEL 6.25
    BPFSL 7 & 7/16
    BPEL - 6.9
    EG 5.4
    Current
    BPFSL
    8 5/8
    BPEL 7 15/16
    EG 5.75 (approx 6" mid)
    NBPEL - approx 7"
    The mind is like a fertile garden in which anything that is planted, flowers or weeds, will grow. - Bruce Lee

Comment

I'm too a hard gainer

When i left high school i was 55kgs and 178cm tall. I'm 23 now and a very healthy weight of 74kgs and 181cm tall

my advice to you is:

To get in and out of the gym in under an hour.
      Train no more than 4 times per week. 3 if possible.
      Eat double or close to triple the amount of carbs that you do protein. Oats, muesli's, low GI foods
      Bananas are awesome but 4 a day is way too many. Have one before and one with your protein after your workout.
      As long as you are eating 1.5 - 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight that is plenty. Your body can only process so much.
      Definitely checkout a creatine product. I'm personally using Muscletech Creakic Hardcore and I'm seeing good results.
      Sleep as much as possible.

If you have any questions, I'm more than willing to help.

Spot.
      Starting (5/1/2010): BPEL: 7.25" EG: 5.25"
      Current (16/2/2010): BPEL: 7.25" EG:5.38"

Geelong Football Club

Comment

I don't see what is wrong with 4 bananas when you are trying to gain weight. Drink a pint of milk each time you eat one and see what happens.
        Limit unnecessary physical activity to lower calories going out. Keep a calm attitude.
        Have you got your workout sorted yet? You are probably doing too much volume.

Comment

Gator you may gain but at a slow rate. Believe it or not i want to be skinny all my life like my step brothers. So i always starved myself to death. Keep the six pack they are hard to come by. Your just fine the way you are.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

^That's true, but you can be built and have a 6 pack again. Don't get paranoid about it, kingzor.

Comment

One of the reasons I eat between 3 and 5 bananas a day is I have a problem where I twitch a lot. I get incredibly annoying twitches in my hands and arms, sometimes my legs too. They will persist for HOURS and they drive me up a fucking wall. Taking in potassium, almost to the point of an overdose, is a great way to combat these twitches. Ever since I started eating more bananas, my twitching has gone WAY down.

Comment

v
                64N64
                Last edited by 64N64; 02-22-2013, 12:45 AM.

Comment

hey gator im a gym trainer.
                  what are you trying to do gain weight and muscle or just weight .

Comment

Tip for weight gain. Take a stick of butter, dip it in crisco. Wash it down with a lot of Pepsi. There, now you can be fat.

Actually, just hit up the gym, increase your caloric intake. Work out all parts of your body... upper, lower, middle. Eat some extra protein. Best way to put on muscle, from my own experience is to get a bit of fat on there first. I don't know why, but when I put on weight, the fat goes away and muscle appears faster than if I just lift. That may just be my strange genetic predisposition, but who knows?
                    Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                    Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                    Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                    http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

e
                      64N64
                      Last edited by 64N64; 02-22-2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

ok people think about putting on weight as eating fast food, but truth be told it is only going to do harm to your body me im 18 and a gym trainer. the key to weight gain is to eat healthy and to train.
                        if your new to the gym or the working out game then take things slow, work out 3 to 4 gays a week.
                        me myself i work out 5-6days and i also take muscle juice protein this is great for gaining weight and muscle mass.

my diet
                        7:00 i have 5 egg whites 2 yokes after that i have wetabix and glass of milk.
                        10:30 tuna sambo with protein shake.
                        12:30 chicken breast and rice.
                        3:00 pasta or you could have 2 chicken breasts.
                        5:00 protein shake
                        7:30 patatoes (small amount) veg and lean meat like steak fish ect.

workout days

mondays = legs
                        tuesdays = chest
                        wednesday = back
                        thursday = arms
                        friday = traps and deltoids

at the end of each session i do at least half an hour abs and lower back work.

with the workout and diet you wont have much bodyfat but alot of muscle which is heavyr than fat.

there you go hope this helps

Comment

NP - I couldn't do that if someone paid me. EWWWW.... I f'n hate butter! Not to mention
                          I haven't had a soda in probably a year. Soda makes me feel all icky inside.

Thanks for your post karl! I wanted to see some bulking diets posted in here and you're the first one! Rep point to you! I think I'm still too much of a newbie to be doing a split routine like that. Besides, I've always been told to avoid training your arms the day after you train your back. Reason: don't a lot of back exercises also target your arms?

Comment

Originally posted by xfactor31 View Post
                            raise your carb intake slightly and hammer down protein, lift heavy weights and eat,eat,eat.
                            I do think I need to raise my carbs but I'm not going to down anymore protein than already am. The body can only process so much.

Comment

That part was a joke. haha. I stopped drinking pop when I started working out again. It just makes me get pimples anyway.
                              Try not to train the same muscles two days in a row. Also, best lift type exercise would be front squats. Works everything. Squats are good, but try front squats next time.
                              Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                              Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                              Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                              http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Originally posted by Gator View Post
                                NP - I couldn't do that if someone paid me. EWWWW.... I f'n hate butter! Not to mention
                                I haven't had a soda in probably a year. Soda makes me feel all icky inside.

Thanks for your post karl! I wanted to see some bulking diets posted in here and you're the first one! Rep point to you! I think I'm still too much of a newbie to be doing a split routine like that. Besides, I've always been told to avoid training your arms the day after you train your back. Reason: don't a lot of back exercises also target your arms?
                                most back workouts work your bicepts as a secondary muscle, same idea with chest and tricepts
                                29/12/09 ....23/1/10......6/3/10......12/5/10

BPEL-6" .....BPEL-61/4"..BPEL-6.5"...BPEL-63/4"
                                EG-43/4".....EG-5"........EG-51/4"....EG-5.5"
                                NBPEL-53/4"

SHORT TERM GOAL

BPEL-7"
                                EG-5.25"

LONG TERM GOAL

BPEL-8"
                                EG-6"

Comment

Working...