Odd sensation just below head and into shaft on right side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Odd sensation just below head and into shaft on right side

Hey, first time poster, and here's a bit of background before I go into detail. I'm 33, have had the same partner for a few years, and she's extremely monogamous. I get bloods drawn for my thyroid levels once every other month, and I have them do other screenings while they are doing draws for adrenals, STDs, infections, and tumor markers as I had testicular cancer about 7 years ago which left me with a fake lad in the left side. Tumor was stage 1A seminoma, and nothing ever reared its head after surgery, so I doubt this is connected. I workout quite a bit, mixture of lower and upper body with quite a heavy weightlifting regiment. Enough to have pinched a nerve on my back within the last 6 months. I also have a weird node or lump that has drastically reduced in size over the years, and nothing has even been said about it in my urologist visits, nor has it ever really given me any issues before this. It's free floating in the remainder of my foreskin after being circumcised from birth, so I assume it's scar tissue or a cyst or something like that. I have kinda marked it in green in the image below, but it's more off to the side than on the top, and again, confined to the skin that stops short of the glans.

Ok, so basically within the past week or so, I noticed an odd sensation from my penis during masturbation. At first I thought maybe I had stressed out something, or the skin had chaffed, etc, but it has persisted for a few days now, and the sensation is like a tingly...stinging or pinching sensation from almost internally in the shaft. Certainly not topical. It's a bit more of a nagging dull sensation I suppose, or like someone pinching the side of your penis but not hard. If I apply pressure, the pain decreases or goes away, but if something touches the surface, or moves the penis it can be felt. Again, it's not like an "OUCH!" pain... just a nagging sensation, and it's only on the right side and occasionally is present on top of the right side of the glans if I lay down or something. Now just to be as detailed as possible, I have felt odd pings and pains from this side of my pelvic area for years, but mostly located behind the testicles, or below the waistline and what I figured was likely sciatica or something similar as they come and go. There's no swelling, no bump, no redness, no bruise, no nothing on the surface, and trust me... I've looked at it for a few days to see if there was any change, and not one thing is different on this side than the left side.

I made a little sketch to kinda detail where the sensation is. Google provided me with a bunch of similar cases, but it seems like the pain described by those guys was a bit more severe, or had been going on for years, etc. So far, if the pain severity has changed at all, I think it's decreased, but it's a bit hard to be sure about that...

Untitled.jpg

Sorry about the long post, but I wanted to be as detailed and thorough in hopes for some reassurance. I don't do any rigorous penis exercises, but I do stretch and tug in the shower and often times right after urination.

TL: DR Odd pinching sensation from inside shaft under head. Not painful, just dull and nagging. Sometimes I can notice it when relaxing, other times I do not. Sensation spikes when something brushes against the area marked in red above, or slightly touches it, but is alleviated once full pressure is applied. No STDs, and no painful urination, bumps, bruises, lumps (aside from in the foreskin which can be moved away from this area and pain will not follow)

I'm thinking maybe a pinched nerve radiating into the penis, or a pinched nerve in the penis?
    OhHey
    Last edited by OhHey; 07-31-2018, 11:11 AM.

I used to get this sort of thing too. Alongside you saying you would get pains behind your testicles and in the pelvic area, it's possible you have some form of pudendal nerve entrapment going on. Do you have a tight pelvic floor or tight glute muscles by any chance?
    Hi! Good luck on your PE journey :)

You can read my own progress here.

Comment

Originally posted by PDNDL View Post
      I used to get this sort of thing too. Alongside you saying you would get pains behind your testicles and in the pelvic area, it's possible you have some form of pudendal nerve entrapment going on. Do you have a tight pelvic floor or tight glute muscles by any chance?
      To answer accurately, I kegel quite often, as it helps when deadlifting and squatting. Lower back and glutes are pretty tight, and it sounds stupid, but I tend to do rapid flexes of the glutes when I have down time and think about it. It's entirely possible I've managed to screw something up nerve-wise there, as I used to be pretty irresponsible with my lifting practices at a younger age. I do find that after my surgery for TC, I need to shake or "wring out" my shaft to remove urine fully. I wouldn't exactly call it a continence problem, but after that surgery, or anything similar to hernia surgery, I'm told it's not uncommon along with thigh numbness which I also have on the left side.
      OhHey
      Last edited by OhHey; 07-31-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Something else I've noticed. When I lay down, it almost feels like the tugging or pinching sensation has moved into the glans. Kinda like how if you pull on your head from the front. Not as intense or pronounced, but that's kind of an idea, and the feeling comes and goes. If I lean forward to reach for something, I feel it, but at resting, I do not.

Comment

Seems to keep moving. The pain is less noticeable and severe today. Penis isn't trying to tuck itself in for safety. I've examined, yet again, and the epicenter now seems to be on the bottom side, right below the glans, and there appears to be a somewhat bulbous vein there, but nothing like protruding, inflamed or otherwise remarkable. Still a dull ache, still noticeable at times, and not at others.

Comment

Sensation is much less now, almost like I chaffed the skin mildly right below the glans, but there's no reddened, inflamed or raw/peeling to speak of, but it's still present if press down in the area circled above. I don't think there's much else in regards to it past that. I'm thinking it's healing, but I guess we'll see. I know I probably won't get too much in the way of help from here as this is something more geared towards urologists, but in case someone else happens to come across something similar, I'll just keep updating this post. It's been about 4-5 days by the way.

Sensation probably started at a 4/10, kinda sensitive from the start, it's now at about a 2/10, or less.
            OhHey
            Last edited by OhHey; 08-03-2018, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OhHey View Post
              To answer accurately, I kegel quite often, as it helps when deadlifting and squatting. Lower back and glutes are pretty tight, and it sounds stupid, but I tend to do rapid flexes of the glutes when I have down time and think about it. It's entirely possible I've managed to screw something up nerve-wise there, as I used to be pretty irresponsible with my lifting practices at a younger age. I do find that after my surgery for TC, I need to shake or "wring out" my shaft to remove urine fully. I wouldn't exactly call it a continence problem, but after that surgery, or anything similar to hernia surgery, I'm told it's not uncommon along with thigh numbness which I also have on the left side.
              Note, kegeling during squatting is a necessity to avoid injury, if you arent kegeling, you're doing them wrong. Are you kegeling outside of training?
              My Work

ARTICLES:

Comment

Originally posted by HansTwilight View Post
                Note, kegeling during squatting is a necessity to avoid injury, if you arent kegeling, you're doing them wrong. Are you kegeling outside of training?
                I do it from time to time just to maintain, and yes, you're 100% right. I assume this is part of the gent's question before yours about my pelvic floor being in a constant tightened state. I did try some stretches to help retract them, but I didn't have any real change, not like I would expect it instantly. I'll also note that I have a tight feeling that runs down my right leg, so this might be deferred nerve pain. I don't always have the leg tightness when I have the odd pinching sensation however, so who knows at this point.

Comment

Just to update. Pain(?) or sensation (pinching) seems to be almost gone. I feel like a ting or "wave" that lasts for maybe a second and then back to nothing. There's a lot of tightness in the pelvic region on both sides. The right side seems to be more in line with the same dull feeling I'm getting in the shaft. Definitely thinking it's nerve pain at this point, so all "fun" or lower body activity is kinda on hold for right now. I think it'll be a week today since I first noticed it.

When the sensation changes or disappears completely, I'll update again, but wanted to just keep this post updated. When I went googling for answers, seems like I found a bunch of these kinds of posts with no conclusion, assuming everything ended up being ok, otherwise there would've been more follow-ups. According to my doc over the phone though, "If the pain decreases over periods of rest, you likely have nothing to worry about".

Comment

Just want to update, the sensation is gone. Masturbatory habits are back, as well as stretches. Seems like maybe a minor blood clot. As promised, I am make=ing a reply to conclude this issue for future parties who happen to endure this same situation.

Comment

Another quicky

Still getting the pinch sensation for a split second when I'm resting. I noticed it coincides with my reclined position in bed. When I stand up... I don't really recall much of a tickle or pinch sensation. Jury is still out, I guess, but I hope it's temporary.

Comment

Wanted to update a little. No change in size or shapes anywhere or anything. Pinching sensation occurs right around where that node is in the foreskin now... but is far less nagging (I think) either that, or I'm getting used to it, but it's not constant. I would almost assume the node is the epicenter, but why after 15+ years it's now causing issues (unless coincidence) is beyond me. When I kegel for the first time in the morning, I get a weird tugging or pinching sensation, similar to what I'm feeling already near the node, but it feels more internal in the pelvic region... triggers that pinch though. Wish I could tackle and understand it better, but no one seems to have anything as far as answers go.

Comment

Can you recall the exact moment when you first noticed it?

Comment

Noticed the pinch sensation for the first time? Sure do. Immediately after starting a masturbatory session post-workout a little over 3 weeks ago.

The node has been there since 2002-ish. I don't recall issues or pain from it, but it's been a while, so I might've forgotten about it.
                            OhHey
                            Last edited by OhHey; 08-27-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

But the sensation isn't come from the node itself? How far is the area of the sensation from the node?

Comment

Working...
                              X