Cannabis induced HF and optimism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannabis induced HF and optimism

So this all started for me on Halloween when I accidentally ate a 300 mg thc chocolate bar. I had no feeling in my body when the effects began and went into full body spasms the next few hours. The next day I noticed my penis was hard and flaccid while having sex with my partner.

Originally scared I had peyronies, I was a little more relaxed when I realized it was HF. Still, based on the cure rate I was still depressed with Grimm hope. I have OCD so I’ve been researching this nonstop. I dedicate about 2 hours a day to yoga stretching, meditation, baths, heat, foam rolling and massaging.

I noticed when I have a great yoga session, I get pretty normal erections with my girl. So I was away from her for a week and yesterday had a 9 hour drive home. I was reading Romero MD’s post on large flaccid and had a revelation. First off, I have to tip my hat to him. The dedication he has given to help people here and provide all his knowledge, while busy at work is incredible.

Now the post is on page 6 of that thread and he talks about how cannabis reduces the parasympathetic nervous response and this results in a tense state. He then says the smooth penile muscle cannot relax and allow ample blood flow. I always thought the stress aspect of this was overblown, but I am chronically stressed and am now starting to believe this is factor #1. I think tight muscles play a role in this but to a much smaller extent than it is believed here.

One thing to add is I even PE’d for the first time in a month the two days before my drive. Knowing I couldn’t stretch or roll out, I got creative on how I could make some progress on this long drive besides just RK’s. I remembered from my knowledge on meditation that there are certain techniques to activate the parasympathetic nervous system. So for 9 hours I did long, slow, deep inhales through my nose and longer exhales out my nose. I also did RK’s the entire way.

I get over to see her and got a strong erection while In the bathtub. That hasn’t happened since before Halloween (although it disappeared while standing). I then got an 8-9 level erection when we had sex later and I was able to hold off long enough for her to orgasm ( I have been having pre ejaculation issues). Then just woke up an hour ago with the strongest morning wood i’ve had in about 6 months.

I will note I have been Doing PE for years, however I do not believe that triggered the HF but was a catalyst. I think stress is a major player for everyone here and activating the parasympathetic nervous system is a great strategy. I’m going to search for other ways to do so, but I believe breathing is the most affective.

Keep faith everyone.

Interesting, 300mg is a LOT. One time I did 100mg and I felt it for multiple days. I never ingest anymore.

If you are interested in herbs for stress management, there are a lot out there, but my favorite is tulsi a.k.a holy basil. It is truly one of the most vitalizing herbs on the planet and has been used as a cure-all for thousands of years in India. Plus it has an extremely pleasing aroma and can be taken in tea or softgel form. Organic India tea is best and for softgels, Gaia herbs is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by theisland View Post
      So this all started for me on Halloween when I accidentally ate a 300 mg thc chocolate bar. I had no feeling in my body when the effects began and went into full body spasms the next few hours. The next day I noticed my penis was hard and flaccid while having sex with my partner.

Originally scared I had peyronies, I was a little more relaxed when I realized it was HF. Still, based on the cure rate I was still depressed with Grimm hope. I have OCD so I’ve been researching this nonstop. I dedicate about 2 hours a day to yoga stretching, meditation, baths, heat, foam rolling and massaging.

I noticed when I have a great yoga session, I get pretty normal erections with my girl. So I was away from her for a week and yesterday had a 9 hour drive home. I was reading Romero MD’s post on large flaccid and had a revelation. First off, I have to tip my hat to him. The dedication he has given to help people here and provide all his knowledge, while busy at work is incredible.

Now the post is on page 6 of that thread and he talks about how cannabis reduces the parasympathetic nervous response and this results in a tense state. He then says the smooth penile muscle cannot relax and allow ample blood flow. I always thought the stress aspect of this was overblown, but I am chronically stressed and am now starting to believe this is factor #1. I think tight muscles play a role in this but to a much smaller extent than it is believed here.

One thing to add is I even PE’d for the first time in a month the two days before my drive. Knowing I couldn’t stretch or roll out, I got creative on how I could make some progress on this long drive besides just RK’s. I remembered from my knowledge on meditation that there are certain techniques to activate the parasympathetic nervous system. So for 9 hours I did long, slow, deep inhales through my nose and longer exhales out my nose. I also did RK’s the entire way.

I get over to see her and got a strong erection while In the bathtub. That hasn’t happened since before Halloween (although it disappeared while standing). I then got an 8-9 level erection when we had sex later and I was able to hold off long enough for her to orgasm ( I have been having pre ejaculation issues). Then just woke up an hour ago with the strongest morning wood i’ve had in about 6 months.

I will note I have been Doing PE for years, however I do not believe that triggered the HF but was a catalyst. I think stress is a major player for everyone here and activating the parasympathetic nervous system is a great strategy. I’m going to search for other ways to do so, but I believe breathing is the most affective.

Keep faith everyone.
      You show an impressive ammount of awareness compared to the majority of people when they first get HF.

Be very careful who you take advice from regarding HF, most people are completely full of shit and will waste your time telling you to do useless fucking routines that will not help you, they will make you waste years of your life, trust me.

The ammount of overwhelming evidence regarding HF points to it being a nervous system issue, you are completely right about the parasympathetic nervous system being out of wack and its causing you to involuntarily clench your pelvic floor, plus if you've been waking off excessively and practicing PE you have probably been on your path here for a while. The majority of people that have recovered over the years get better when they just stop focusing on it and they stop caring, then the pelvic floor releases.

Based on how aware and intelligent you seem, I think you will recover fairly easily. Good luck man.

Comment

Originally posted by BreakfastSausage View Post
        Interesting, 300mg is a LOT. One time I did 100mg and I felt it for multiple days. I never ingest anymore.

If you are interested in herbs for stress management, there are a lot out there, but my favorite is tulsi a.k.a holy basil. It is truly one of the most vitalizing herbs on the planet and has been used as a cure-all for thousands of years in India. Plus it has an extremely pleasing aroma and can be taken in tea or softgel form. Organic India tea is best and for softgels, Gaia herbs is the best.
        Well I am on an extremely strict diet (carnivore/keto) and have been for years. I had one piece of the bar (50mg) and couldn’t help myself from eating the whole thing because it tasted so good. Pity that company for making a bar with 300 mg in it.

Also I have actually been drinking this organic tea with ginger and holy basil for the past week, that probably has helped me out as well!

Comment

Well I am on an extremely strict diet (carnivore/keto) and have been for years. I had one piece of the bar (50mg) and couldn’t help myself from eating the whole thing because it tasted so good. Pity that company for making a bar with 300 mg in it.

Also I have actually been drinking this organic tea with ginger and holy basil for the past week, that probably has helped me out as well!
          Nice, yea ginger is bomb. Great anti-inflammatory and promotes healthy microbiome. Ginger also helps with healthy genital bacteria balance for both men and women. Helps the population of beneficial lactobacilli strains in the gut and genitals.

Do you ever feel that you're missing out on nutrients, fiber or colorful antioxidants from things like lentils, fruits, various veggies?

FWIW, my typical diet is like 40-50% fat, 20-30% protein, and rest carbohydrates (no processed sugar except on rare occasions).

Comment

Nice, yea ginger is bomb. Great anti-inflammatory and promotes healthy microbiome. Ginger also helps with healthy genital bacteria balance for both men and women. Helps the population of beneficial lactobacilli strains in the gut and genitals.

Do you ever feel that you're missing out on nutrients, fiber or colorful antioxidants from things like lentils, fruits, various veggies?

FWIW, my typical diet is like 40-50% fat, 20-30% protein, and rest carbohydrates (no processed sugar except on rare occasions).
            Actually, after eating this way I don’t think fiber is necessary and there Is probably a reason we can’t break it down. I see benefit in the 5-10 gram range in regards to regularity. Read the carnivore code, great book by Paul Saladino. Basically I don’t think there’s anything in plants we can’t get from animal foods. Although I do eat berries on occasion.

To get everything you’ll need to eat the nutrient dense foods like liver, heart, egg yolks, salmon, etc... it’s not cheap. My body composition has never been better and people have commented on how healthy I look more than ever.

Comment

Actually, after eating this way I don’t think fiber is necessary and there Is probably a reason we can’t break it down. I see benefit in the 5-10 gram range in regards to regularity. Read the carnivore code, great book by Paul Saladino. Basically I don’t think there’s anything in plants we can’t get from animal foods. Although I do eat berries on occasion.

To get everything you’ll need to eat the nutrient dense foods like liver, heart, egg yolks, salmon, etc... it’s not cheap. My body composition has never been better and people have commented on how healthy I look more than ever.
              I think you are definitely eating a healthier diet than vast majority of people. May I ask how many bowel movements you have per day?

Grass fed, pasture raised, wild, etc... you clearly are very aware of nutrient dense foods so that's awesome.

I will just say that there is some space in between getting everything you need vs. getting everything you need + optimizing as much as possible.

There is research to suggest that a variety of foods including fiber and colorful antioxidants from fruits and vegetables will improve diversity of the microbiome and promote greater health of the human host.

That being said, I do agree that you are getting a lot of antioxidants from the animal products that you are consuming since you are consuming high quality foods. For example, wild salmon contains high astaxanthin which is one of the most valuable antioxidants on the entire planet as it can cross the blood-brain barrier and support cellular health pretty much anywhere in the body.

I am not trying to change your mind, but I do want to let you know that there are ways to do it without being, "extreme," or, "strict," and to keep an open mind.

And since I don't want to be a hypocrite, I will put the Carnivore Code on my reading list so that I can be informed as well. Thank you!

Comment

I think you are definitely eating a healthier diet than vast majority of people. May I ask how many bowel movements you have per day?

Grass fed, pasture raised, wild, etc... you clearly are very aware of nutrient dense foods so that's awesome.

I will just say that there is some space in between getting everything you need vs. getting everything you need + optimizing as much as possible.

There is research to suggest that a variety of foods including fiber and colorful antioxidants from fruits and vegetables will improve diversity of the microbiome and promote greater health of the human host.

That being said, I do agree that you are getting a lot of antioxidants from the animal products that you are consuming since you are consuming high quality foods. For example, wild salmon contains high astaxanthin which is one of the most valuable antioxidants on the entire planet as it can cross the blood-brain barrier and support cellular health pretty much anywhere in the body.

I am not trying to change your mind, but I do want to let you know that there are ways to do it without being, "extreme," or, "strict," and to keep an open mind.

And since I don't want to be a hypocrite, I will put the Carnivore Code on my reading list so that I can be informed as well. Thank you!
                Thank you, you seem incredibly well informed and knowledgeable already. I do dabble with a handful of raspberries and blueberries a day, wild and organic. I also eat coconut oil so I’m not dogmatic about it.

I think the positives with the antioxidants come from hormesis, but Saladino argues we can get that through our environment. Such as fasting, cold/heat exposure, exercise/HIIT, etc... there’s probably benefit to both however.

I usually have about one a day or every two days.

Comment

Keep faith everyone.
                  I can fully confirm this in regards to deep slow breaths. This has been the most effective way to relax my PF. I just have to keep remembering doing it. IMO the breath out is the most important part to keep it really sloooow. and of course adding RK and squats to it.

Just doing RKs and squats without the slow breathing part did not help me at all.

It is IMO the parasympathetic nervous system that is causing all the trouble which has to be calmed down.

Comment

Originally posted by burnout View Post
                    I can fully confirm this in regards to deep slow breaths. This has been the most effective way to relax my PF. I just have to keep remembering doing it. IMO the breath out is the most important part to keep it really sloooow. and of course adding RK and squats to it.

Just doing RKs and squats without the slow breathing part did not help me at all.

It is IMO the parasympathetic nervous system that is causing all the trouble which has to be calmed down.
                    Agreed on the breathing out part, going out realllllyyyy slow is vital. Yes I think we are onto something here. Normally I would have a setback after ejaculating, yet I got morning wood which happens once in a blue moon.

Comment

well the "useless fucking routines" helped me to relieve my hf I guess different things work for people

Comment

Originally posted by lx187 View Post
                        well the "useless fucking routines" helped me to relieve my hf I guess different things work for people
                        So have you actually got rid of it or just got "relief"

Getting rid of it and Getting relief are not the same thing, i can do a few tricks that ive discovered over the last 13 years which will give me 'relief " but its not the same as getting rid of it and fully back to how you were pre HF.

Comment

Originally posted by lx187 View Post
                          Well not useless, not a great choice of words on my part but definitely not as effective. I will say after calming down my nervous system I have to stretch less and my knots in my legs are basically non existent.

I’m not sure if I’ve made a full recovery so quickly but I am getting multiple 9-10 erections on a daily basis. My girth is back up to where it was and a reverse erect kegel gets me absolutely massive

Comment

I think another key here is not only activating the PNS as much as possible, but limiting the flight or fight response. Quitting coffee this past week and a half has been huge. Also sticking to teas with adaptogens and calming properties has helped. Also avoiding any marijuana, alcohol or other recreational substance.

Again I can’t say I’m totally cured but my morning wood is as hard as it’s been in years and I’m having sex daily. The only thing is my flaccid is small but I’ve always been a grower.

Comment

Originally posted by HFrecovering View Post
                              So have you actually got rid of it or just got "relief"

Getting rid of it and Getting relief are not the same thing, i can do a few tricks that ive discovered over the last 13 years which will give me 'relief " but its not the same as getting rid of it and fully back to how you were pre HF.
                              my english isnt so good I meant that Im like before the injury when I said relief, I think the exercises and deep breathing are better than nothing

Comment

Working...
                              X