Doctor gave vague advice??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor gave vague advice??

Hey all. I have been struggling with a couple of injuries for a while now: here is another thread i posted a while back about them: https://www.pegym.com/forums/penile-...-pe-again.html

So, i rested for another few weeks after i posted this thread. I then assumed it was all healed so I would try to masturbate or have sex with my girlfriend about once a week to see if i was healed and it would just hurt again. So i went to the doctor at my towns local sexual health clinic to get my penis examined to see if it was some kind of wacky lasting injury and he looked at it, heard my description of the injuries (obviously i left out my jelqing and stretching history because doctors are always wary of that stuff, but i made sure that the way that i described my stretching injury sounded like i was stretching but i told him that was the way i was masturbating) and he said that it was fine. It was just soft tissue damage, it may come back occasionally but 6 months from now i'll have forgotten it ever happened.

I then said: well how long should i wait until i start having sex again?

He said: well you've already waited 4 weeks haven't you?

I said: yeah

He said: just wait as long as you can put sex and masturbation off

So i said: how long do you mean? like a week or two

And he said: yeah, whatever

So i waited a week or two and when i come back to sex most of the time it's ok but occasionally i will get an odd pain here or there where i have injured myself and sometimes in different places to my injury.. It's really messing with my sex life because even though i can have sex I'm constantly worrying about whether or not i'm injuring myself and i can't enjoy it.

What did the doc's advice mean? He seemed really vauge? I'm sure he knew what he was talking about because he had cross sections of dicks on his doctor's wall so i'm pretty sure he's in the know

seriously guys, how long do you think i should wait? I'm really tired of waiting and thinking i'm healed and then me trying to have sex and it being messed up again.. These injuries have been plaguing me for a year now and i just want them gone.It's really messing with my head. I'll do anything, wait any period of time, ect. Advice based on the information i've given you would be much appreciated

Edit: I'm not sure if he said soft tissue damage, it may have just been along the lines of : It's just a superficial injury, ect

Comment

No one knows how long it takes an injury to heal. He was vague because he didn't know either. You're a young guy and want to have sex and he knows that so basically what he told you was to hold off as long as you can in the hopes that enough time would have gone by to heal the injury. If you're still feeling symptoms then you need more time.
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

ok: so what are some signs that it's healed? Saying this because at the moment I haven't experienced any pain for a few days and I haven't been touching it

Comment

Except to hold it when I pee

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump, I had sex and masturbated yesterday and It didn't hurt at all, Does this mean I'm healed? Can I get some quick advice here cause my girlfriend is coming over tonight.. thanks in advance, you guys are great

Comment

if it dosent hurt its a pretty good sign youve healed, just make sure if you do start hurting slowly let off its not worth bringing an injury like that back. hell if possible id say even have a warmup before you have sex
                start 6.75 X 5.25
                NOW: OCT 11, 2014. 7 X 5.60
                goal 8 X 6

Clamping only, Clamped jelqing, clamped horse squeezes

Comment

The issue with soft tissue damage or similar is that, as the doctor indicated, is hard to pinpoint without extensive testing. And even with that, the answer is typically the same, rest and time.

It will have some residual tenderness as it continues to heal, and any use of that tissue prior to healing fully has the potential to aggravate the injury again.

There's too many variables to give a definitive amount of time for healing, but the best course is to rest, avoid aggravation, and just let the healing continue. If you can't avoid those activities completely (understandable to not want to avoid sex), then just be very cautious, don't ignore any pain, and don't do anything extraneous to further aggravate things.
                  Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Working...
                  X