Should of took the stairs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should of took the stairs.

You get into the elevator on the first floor of an eighty-seven floor building. You chose the one on the right, the one full of people with their coffees and briefcases, and bored looks upon their faces. You do this because the elevator on the left is just a big hole with tape across the open entrance.

There is a sign here that says men at work. As you turn to the elevator on the right, a head pops out of that hole and barks “hold up”. The head grows a neck and shoulders followed by a torso and legs as a maintenance man emerges from the hole. You keep walking, ignoring the man’s cries.

You squeeze into the elevator just as the doors behind you are coming to a close. The doors don’t close. You turn and a hand is stuck in the elevator door, the gloved hand of a maintenance man. He wedges the door open and squeezes himself in, keeping the door propped with his foot.

With a steady ease acquired after years of repetition, the man quickly props off the door leading to the above elevator shaft and looks up, using his flashlight to illuminate the dark opening. Then as quickly as he came in he replaces the cover and steps back out of the elevator door.

Just as the door is closing, just before the man is out of sight, you see the man smile, and as he smiles he says two short words, “good luck”.

you know its impossible for me to read or hear the words "men at work" and not think of the band
    ~ If.....
    ~ TTBB big-ginners program for JPopping boobies
    ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

Do you come from a land down under?
      Where women glow and men plunder?
      Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
      You better run, you better take cover
      NP97
      Retired Moderator
      PEGym Hero
      Last edited by NP97; 12-30-2010, 02:39 PM.
      Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
      Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
      Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
      http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Are you going to continue this story Phil? (jP

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

I dont know, I wrote this awhile ago, and as you can see it's really of a different style then other things I would write. I dont know if I would be able to get into the mood to continue it in the same style I generally write small incomplete things like this. I have a very large collection of them, eventually I plan on taking all the small ideas I have and turning them into a book.

Comment

Originally posted by TittyTittyBangBang View Post
            you know its impossible for me to read or hear the words "men at work" and not think of the band
            I throw a lot of little things inspired by music into my writings. And I love when people pick up on them In the story of Herb I was definitely thinking of "Roadhouse Blues" when I wrote the line about him waking up and grabbing a beer

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
              Do you come from a land down under?
              Where women glow and men plunder?
              Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
              You better run, you better take cover

you got to love lyrics!
              that song does amuse me!
              ~ If.....
              ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

Originally posted by phil88 View Post
                I throw a lot of little things inspired by music into my writings. And I love when people pick up on them In the story of Herb I was definitely thinking of "Roadhouse Blues" when I wrote the line about him waking up and grabbing a beer
                Yes i had picked up on the fact music or lyrics inspire you and you throw them in here and there
                ~ If.....
                ~ Lust and Love

Comment

Actually... the first thing that comes to mind for me is that shitty movie with Charlie Scheen and Emilio Estaves (spelling?).
                  And the music of course!
                  Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                  Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                  Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                  http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
                    Actually... the first thing that comes to mind for me is that shitty movie with Charlie Scheen and Emilio Estaves (spelling?).
                    And the music of course!
                    lol now you have that image of Emilio when he bites the big one in the elevator in Mission Impossible, stuck in my head. I did not know the two were ever in a movie together. I guess it really must be shitty lol.

Comment

Phil, very nice post and very readable now that you have decided to use correct capitlaization! I can now read your posts easlily; thank you. Whether it turns out to be a good thing or not, I'll now read more of your posts!
                      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Do not thank me thank titty. She has done a wonderful job of putting up with me, and hearing me out. I believe I will become a better man because of it. She made me see quite a few errors in my ways, and she did it in a way I was capable of understanding. This forum is really lucky to have her, and i'm sure there are many women out there who would love the chance to thank her for making us men a little more understanding.

Comment

It would be wise to listen to her. One thing I can tell you is that she really wants to help you.Listening to her may end up making you a better person all round.The one thing you young guys don't have yet is something called wisdom and experience.Yes you can be smart but there are certain ways to get things done in this world and certain ways not do.In some of you earlier posts you could see a young arrogant guy thinking the world would bend to him.That just doesn't happen; the world is far stronger than us.You can make the world at least somewhat work in your favor by "knowing" the "rules". TTBB will teach you that if you have an open mind to listen. I would; besides she makes good cookies!
                          The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Working...
                          X