What Are Your Weekend Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dontrike View Post
    This is where I could either get all "woe is me" and talk about my experiences as to how that isn't true, and I do have plenty of those experiences to do so where I could, but I think we're all tired of hearing that, especially from me. The other option is to agree, but then I have no idea how to do that and I'd then be lying, and I don't believe it is as easy as it sounds.

I'd practically have to change myself entirely to make that work and believe some are just not made to be happy nor are allowed to be, for some to be happy others must not be. Some are lucky others are not, and I am of the not.
    I'd be lying if I didn't say that part of you is like me looking in the mirror. Your posts of late scream of depression and as someone who has been there, I am here to say that there is help available. There are medications available to help boost your mood but that is not the only thing that needs to be done. You also have to physically drag yourself out of your chair and go do something. Go to the park, have coffee with a friend, go for a walk, just something to get you away from your surroundings. Over time, you will begin to feel better about yourself and get a brighter outlook on the future. Chin up my friend, change starts with you.

Comment

I planned on getting caught up on homework, turning in an essay late, writing another one for today, and studying for two tests that are due today and tomorrow..... But then I came down with food poisoning.

I spent most of last night tossing and turning before running to the toilet to projectile vomit. I couldn't even keep down water for more than a few minutes. I tried to take a bath to bring up my body temperature but I fell asleep, and after getting out the tub I fainted from dehydration. Not my back and neck are killing me and I am very dehydrated.

On the plus side, I look fantastic and I can eat whatever I want.
      Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

I plan on finishing a project on Biotechnology.. after that? LAYIN' PIPE!
        My Progress Log: "The Unusual Marathon" - The Journery of A (very) Hard gainer

Comment

Perfect weekend? Been along time, since I haven't worked both days, like 16 years. Supposed to be 60 degrees this weekend. Hope to dick the Mrs, after work, dah, on Saturday. Sunday, my son will probably visit, so, grill steaks. I'll invite him to bring his girl but I'll have to get more creative with side dishes. Maybe some heart healthy, Parmesan Bacon Garlic baked cottage fries.
          A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by TheZZMan View Post
            I'd be lying if I didn't say that part of you is like me looking in the mirror.
            First, I must say thank you for the kind words.

Your posts of late scream of depression and as someone who has been there,
            Oh there is no doubt there. I am fully aware of how it sounds and that I am easily 100% depressed, maybe even more. I've been embracing it as a way of it not affecting me so much, although in the long term it may be backfiring now.

I am here to say that there is help available. There are medications available to help boost your mood but that is not the only thing that needs to be done.
            Unfortunately I recently got off of some medication, second time attempting some, and it made things far worse. I noticed I was constantly angry at everything, physically beating myself (even for small things like dropping a piece of paper), and needing to take 10+ mile 2+ hour long walks to calm my head constantly. It got so bad I had to call the cops for my own safety. Being off of them has certainly calmed me down to a better place.

You also have to physically drag yourself out of your chair and go do something. Go to the park, have coffee with a friend, go for a walk, just something to get you away from your surroundings. Over time, you will begin to feel better about yourself and get a brighter outlook on the future.
            I'd quite enjoy that, unfortunately those I would hang out with are on opposite schedules as myself, with them being awake during the day and sleeping at night while I am the complete opposite for my job, and the few occasions where it could be possible even minor schedule hiccups block activities as simple as hanging out.

Comment

Don, do you take vitamin supplements? Specifically Vitamin D? Lack of sunlight being a night person may have an effect on your mood.

But, yep I was the same way - hair trigger into frustration over the silliest things. I've tempered my actions as I saw at it was having an effect on others. It took an event over something silly for me to realize that this is not how I wanted to be. So, when I say that the healing starts with you, I am being truthful. I've learned to laugh at myself, that I'm not perfect, and I am capable of making mistakes. So, like a lot of things in life, I turn each situation to the positive and have a laugh at my own expense. Quite freeing actually and has made a difference in multiple facets of my life. So, here is your gentle push....

Your Homework Assignment - Say something nice about yourself in a thread and post for all to read. If not in this thread then in another and link to it here. I'd Like to meet the real Dontrike - I hear he is a fabulous guy!

Comment

I'm at my nephew's 4th birthday party on Sunday, playing on a boucey castle. I honestly can't wait!!
                Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tara123 View Post
                  I'm at my nephew's 4th birthday party on Sunday, playing on a boucey castle. I honestly can't wait!!
                  You plan on bouncing yourself? Be careful you don't knock yourself out, LOL. Love ya.
                  A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Of course, I'm such a child. I'll go on when the little ones aren't on. Wouldn't want to knock them out 😊
                    Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Don, do you take vitamin supplements? Specifically Vitamin D? Lack of sunlight being a night person may have an effect on your mood.
                      I do take a multivitamin, although I only take half of what is called for to save money, so I only get 50% vitamin D from that, and probably another 10%-15% from other sources.

But, yep I was the same way - hair trigger into frustration over the silliest things. I've tempered my actions as I saw at it was having an effect on others. It took an event over something silly for me to realize that this is not how I wanted to be. So, when I say that the healing starts with you, I am being truthful. I've learned to laugh at myself, that I'm not perfect, and I am capable of making mistakes.
                      I understand that they are simple mistakes, although with certain areas perfection and a sense of control would be described as a problem for me.

So, like a lot of things in life, I turn each situation to the positive and have a laugh at my own expense. Quite freeing actually and has made a difference in multiple facets of my life. So, here is your gentle push....
                      I usually do the same, but what was once a playful, and slightly negative, jab at myself has become a far darker, and slightly playful, one instead.

Your Homework Assignment - Say something nice about yourself in a thread and post for all to read. If not in this thread then in another and link to it here. I'd Like to meet the real Dontrike - I hear he is a fabulous guy!
                      I suppose I could give it a try.

....Uh....I have always liked my calves. As weird as that is.

Comment

Work on your Homework assignment Don, we are patient here. Healing and changing ones attitude in life will not happen overnight, but is an everyday "work at it" proposition. I know it is tough, but important to find the positives in every days doldrums.

Comment

Work on your Homework assignment Don, we are patient here. Healing and changing ones attitude in life will not happen overnight, but is an everyday "work at it" proposition. I know it is tough, but important to find the positives in every days doldrums.
                          This here....
                          Originally posted by Dontrike View Post
                          I have always liked my calves. As weird as that is.
                          Is the best I got. I mean I guess after that I say I have a good imagination, but I'm not so sure about that anymore.

Comment

Well for me its more digging ready for planting veggies, just need to clear weeds away then dig, and sexy Sunday its out with the mower and get as much cut as I can, digging and mowing a great way to lose a couple of pounds.

NOWHARD

Comment

Sunday gonna grill some Wagu 2 inch Porterhouse steaks for my son who's cumin over. Saturday, gonna dick the Mrs again after a minor misfire today. I didn't intend to finish but did. Oh no, it wasn't pre E, she got off many times, but I hadn't gone down on her yet, damn. I apologized, she's like, why?

Comment

Whiskey night!
                                The name's Tamora...TVR Tamora...with a capital "T".

Lots of living to do yet unseen and a more stories yet untold!

Comment

Working...
                                X