Best foreign country you've visited?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by not2big View Post
    I visited Havana in 1958 and found Cuba and its people very fascinating.
    We're thinking of going to Cuba. Spirit actually has some relatively cost-efficient flights. Anyone else been relatively recently?
    Kimberly
    PEGym.com

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/pegym

Comment

As, I've mentioned, I LOVED Venice - so Italy is one of my favorite countries. I'd go back there in a heart beat.

I really enjoyed Taiwan. We traveled around the entire island, and it was so much fun! I especially loved our stay in Sun Moon Lake - GORGEOUS!! And, you can't beat the night markets for interesting food and items for sale! :-D

A surprise favorite was Iceland. We had a 12-hour layover in Reykjavik last summer. So, we spent the day exploring! Went horseback riding on Icelandic ponies. Enjoyed some Icelandic ice cream. (Even had some interesting Mexican food in Iceland - it's a thing with us, when we go to a new country. LOL) But, one of my favorite things was suggested by the owners of the horses - community pool with hot springs! It's a big thing out there. We said, "Oh no! Our suits are packed in our checked luggage!" No problem! They rented suits! It was an awesome way to relax before our flight continued on to Paris.

Of course, my second home, and so has to be my favorite, is... BELIZE! I just love Belize!! From the amazing diving, to the archaelogical wonders, like Lamanai, to the warm and friendly people! Like every country, they have issues, but my happy place is definitely in Belize. :-)
      Kimberly
      PEGym.com

Follow us on Twitter! https://twitter.com/pegym

Comment

I know a couple people who recently went to Cuba and the only negatives I heard were lack of services and infrastructure.

Comment

Cuba is a great place to view classic 1950s cars.
          Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
          12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
          12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
          01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
          01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
          01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
          Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Working...
          X