No announcement yet.

Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Scythe, I can imagine how that must feel, before you try going to a psychiatrist, I suggest seeing a counselor (psychologist) first because you might not have a chemical imbalance but rather your problems at home could be the cause of your depression. I am sure when you speak to a counselor he can offer some solutions, and if a counselor says that your parents behavior towards you might be too overbearing, it should make your parents think twice coming from him. Seeing a psychiatrist and being diagnosed chemically imbalanced might be even more of a reason they will try and "protect you" in my opinion, I would say wait on that and see how you feel after your issues between you and your parents, and also the ones within yourself, are resolved. Hope this helps!
    Mars81
    Last edited by Mars81; 04-15-2010, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Everybody has ups and downs they say. But for some it is definitely more extreme than for others. I feel the way you're describing quite often so I think I feel for you too. You're not alone!I think I found the link to my problems. Sadly, it all starts with alcohol. I don't know if you are a binge drinker as well, but it might be something to think about.

I don't consider myself an alcoholic yet, but if I think back, whenever I feel on cloud 9 it's because things have gone well for me on a night of drinking. Of course I can also feel the complete opposite because of the same thing if things go bad! It really benefits and messes up my life at the same time. With women in particular. I know that deep down I am not happy. I get girls, but never the ones I want. I have never been in a proper long term relationship with a girl I truly liked. It makes you feel incomplete.

-Edit- I'm sorry that your parents are so hard on you and controlling. That must really, really suck. You need to talk to them like an adult about it. Show them that you can be mature. If they still don't want to listen to you then I would just cut them off from your emotions. I know it sounds hard but it might be the only way to make them realise. Good luck!
      BPEL - 6.25"
      EG - 5"

I think that before PE and my improved erections my stats were more like 6 x 4.75.

Comment

I agree with you pikki, booze was definately a major factor in my depression. You say you're not a alcoholic yet- just watch it man, it creeps up on you, real sneaky! I found i was using any excuse to get a drink. Don't know how many "last drinks" i've had, hundreds anyway. Its a major depressant, and sometimes i think the Saudis have the right idea, catch you drinking they chop your head off!

Anyway, back to the topic, Waylander put us onto this site: zenhabits , its a nice kind of general motivation site, including some stuff on fighting depression.

Comment

Sorry i don't know how to post links properly, that one won't take you anywhere, but it is the name of the site!

Comment

Depression is so hard for a man to understand, if you haven't had it.
            Depression is actually a biological and some people are more eager to get depressed than others. It's just in there genes.
            Depression isn't accepted as an "illness" and many are ashamed of it, instead of trying to get help they hide it.

I don't think that serious depression can be cured by seeing a shrink. The brain is far too complex and there's a great chance for falling back to bad pattern.
            I think it's up to the medical researchers to find a path to cure it. We do know what's causing the depression, but we don't know how to attack it.
            Log
            Measurements (Current):
            BPEL: 7.25"
            HG: ~6.25"|MEG:6.25"|Low shaft EG:6.5"|BG: 7"

Comment

Working...
            X