The 'I'm Worried about <what ever>', thread 🎱

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay1983 View Post
    I'm worried I will never feel normal again. Nothing is the same anymore. Feeling isn't the same. Touch isn't the same. Taste isn't the same. Sleep isn't the same. Sight isn't the same. Brain isn't the same. Joy isn't the same. Nothing is the damn same anymore.

Now I understand why the elderly and/or sick aren't afraid to die. It hit me like a garbage truck on a Thursday morning.

https://thyroidpharmacist.com/articl...of-hashimotos/

https://drknews.com/when-hashimotos-...olar-disorder/
    Don't give up getting better Jay. I know not only one, but two persons who definitely suffered from hyperthyroidism. (Which typically finally leads to hypothyroidism.) The one person whose story I was most impressed about, is the story of a close friend of mine, which goes like this: She was on thyroid medicines for a few years, but then she read all she could about all diets - classic and new info, like fasting - and she also focused on other 'disciplines' like meditation. For years now she has been off the conventional thyriod medicines and her general practitioner is amazed, as her hormone levels before and now leave no doubt that a life style change has really worked with her. That said, I'm not trying to give you false hope, as I don't what state your thyriod gland is at. I wish for you to find what will work for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ino View Post
      Don't give up getting better Jay. I know not only one, but two persons who definitely suffered from hyperthyroidism. (Which typically finally leads to hypothyroidism.) The one person whose story I was most impressed about, is the story of a close friend of mine, which goes like this: She was on thyroid medicines for a few years, but then she read all she could about all diets - classic and new info, like fasting - and she also focused on other 'disciplines' like meditation. For years now she has been off the conventional thyriod medicines and her general practitioner is amazed, as her hormone levels before and now leave no doubt that a life style change has really worked with her. That said, I'm not trying to give you false hope, as I don't what state your thyriod gland is at. I wish for you to find what will work for you.
      I would say most of my life I've been hyper, with it shoving me in the hypo side rarely. It seems now, I'm more hypo, with barely ever experiencing any of the hyper, although it does happen.

Right now I'm just depending on meds because I'm too wonky and stressed and out of it to even worry about all these other tactics, to reverse it naturally. Most of the day I'm crammed in a daze, so far out of it that I don't even know what I'm doing while I'm doing it, which is not good at all. So I'm to the point where the highlight of my day is going to the mailbox. I feel like a 85 year old or something. Like WTH I'm 34.

The normalcy is returning, more often, but slowly. Only problem, it always happens at the wrong part of the day, and it doesn't last long at all, and then I'm back to being ghost. I'm hanging on, I'm hanging on by a thread, but there is hope.

There is hope.
      You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Originally posted by Jay1983 View Post
        I would say most of my life I've been hyper, with it shoving me in the hypo side rarely. It seems now, I'm more hypo, with barely ever experiencing any of the hyper, although it does happen.

Right now I'm just depending on meds because I'm too wonky and stressed and out of it to even worry about all these other tactics, to reverse it naturally. Most of the day I'm crammed in a daze, so far out of it that I don't even know what I'm doing while I'm doing it, which is not good at all. So I'm to the point where the highlight of my day is going to the mailbox. I feel like a 85 year old or something. Like WTH I'm 34.

The normalcy is returning, more often, but slowly. Only problem, it always happens at the wrong part of the day, and it doesn't last long at all, and then I'm back to being ghost. I'm hanging on, I'm hanging on by a thread, but there is hope.

There is hope.
        I hear you Jay! I know how annoying it can be to hear other people so easily tell that one can fix health issues by 'just' doing a change in lifestyle. I know it is not easy for the one that is right in the middle of it, when feeling deep in the shit. I hope though, that you will find a spark in you to test it out. I mean, it is possible to use both conventional medicine and attempt to do some lifestyle changes. (Baby steps.) And Party is right, those gluten free pancakes taste darn good! I have myself been on a very strict diet for the last 20 years. (Obvious gluten / coeliac and milk intolerance established by school medicine, as well as some other self-observed food intolerances.) Living on a strict diet is a bitch, but the nice thing is that it keeps my fat pad the thinnest on PEGym. See, what I did? I just made my boring diet to sound awesome! We here on PEGym want you to feel better, since you are our favourite banana.

Comment

Working...
        X