Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A question for the ladies about confidence.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
    Oh no another smart woman! First Tara now this one. I think we got ourselves an epidemic! Quick guys run!!!!!
    Ha. Ha. Ha. No we just like u all..... hmmm does that make us smart or terribly careless? Hmmmm
    People may not remember what you did or what you said but they'll always remeber how you made them feel. 😉

Comment

There's a fine line between being chivalrous and being a doormat. You can be nice to women, but you must not let them walk all over you. A trick about women is that they actually don't want you to agree with them all the time. If you can show a woman that you have your own opinions and disagree with her, it can make her even more attracted to you.
      Zyxciz
      Last edited by Zyxciz; 01-14-2019, 05:03 PM.

Comment

If you keep looking for that fine line you will always find it and you will find no happiness. To keep looking for the bad is a sad way to go through life.
        The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I have a good example in my own father as to what happens when you let a woman walk all over you and don't value your own self-worth. If you want to be nice to women, all the power to you. But always respect yourself first and foremost, and demand that same level of respect from others towards you. Otherwise don't be afraid to walk away.

Comment

Demand only from yourself and never from others.
            The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

If you demand more from yourself, others will follow. Don't put up with disrespect, you'll be teaching others that they're allowed to treat you that way. When you stand up for yourself, others will have no choice but to budge. If they don't, walk away.

Comment

I feel its important to note both men and women view respect differently. Men feel respected in many ways that women dont see of as respect and visa versa. This is very important to communicate with your long term partner!! Using verbage like i feel respected when.... or that thing you did really made me feel respected. It goes both ways for men and women. Theres a huge level of emotional intelegence that come with being in a healthy relationship. My previous marrige was a great example of how i did not show respect for my ex husband and visa versa. And we failed eachther becuse of it. Not because we inherantly were trying to be cruel or malicious but becuase we both just could not understand how each of us felt respected and what that looked like to us.
                People may not remember what you did or what you said but they'll always remeber how you made them feel. 😉

Comment

If you haven't matured enough emotionally, you have very fleeting personal boundaries. Therefore, it can be hard to communicate your feelings and your expectations from a partner. You certainly have a poor idea of what respect even looks like. Before entering a relationship, it's a good idea to develop enough as a person to know what you tolerate and what you do not tolerate in your own life. That marriage was a stepping stone to learn the lessons that life had previously failed to teach you. I bet it's a big reason why your relationship is better this time around.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyxciz View Post
                    If you demand more from yourself, others will follow. Don't put up with disrespect, you'll be teaching others that they're allowed to treat you that way. When you stand up for yourself, others will have no choice but to budge. If they don't, walk away.
                    Actually you will find yourself walking away quite commonly . The idea that other show respect because you deserve and demand it is overstated .
                    Of course it can still be difficult in cetain circumstances where it can be hard to get clear of people in the workplace etc . At least in relationships walking away is valid option.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                      Actually you will find yourself walking away quite commonly . The idea that other show respect because you deserve and demand it is overstated .
                      Of course it can still be difficult in cetain circumstances where it can be hard to get clear of people in the workplace etc . At least in relationships walking away is valid option.
                      True, but if you know how to stand up for yourself you can get more of what you deserve. In the workplace there's managment you can speak to, unless there's bad behavior coming from them which puts you in a rough spot. Still, you can always find another job. But practising a higher level of tolerance is also a good idea so you don't feel that every small thing that happens is "disrespect". Don't expect much from others unless they're people close to you like a relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyxciz View Post
                        If you haven't matured enough emotionally, you have very fleeting personal boundaries. Therefore, it can be hard to communicate your feelings and your expectations from a partner. You certainly have a poor idea of what respect even looks like. Before entering a relationship, it's a good idea to develop enough as a person to know what you tolerate and what you do not tolerate in your own life. That marriage was a stepping stone to learn the lessons that life had previously failed to teach you. I bet it's a big reason why your relationship is better this time around.
                        Theres a lot of reasons my previous marrige failed. My lack of emotional inteligence yes was definitely one of my many flaws. I spend a long time in counciling learning how to be healthy myself and for my children. It took a lot of work but well worth it. Every one feels respected in different ways. Theres no one mold fits all. How i feel most respected is going to look vastly different to you than to me. Thats ok. Were made and built differently. Hence why its good to have a descussion with your LTP.
                        Wildflower
                        Last edited by Wildflower; 01-14-2019, 11:26 PM.

Comment

On a personal level i have not found management much help .

I agree though one has to stand up for oneself and show tolerence and be wise enough to know when each is called for .

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                            Quick guys run!!!!!
                            Don't worry, I always run from women. They scare the crap out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dontrike View Post
                              Don't worry, I always run from women. They scare the crap out of me.
                              Lol dont run!!! pe women are a special bread. Dosile for the most part. Promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Wildflower View Post
                                Lol dont run!!! pe women are a special bread. Dosile for the most part. Promise.
                                That's for certain. PE gals are in a tier of their own (in a good way).

Comment

Working...
                                X