No announcement yet.

Democrrats 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me "forgiveness" means that I and other taxpayers will pay the debt they owe. It's a clever word forgiveness; it means you don't have to pay. Well somebody does. Sad that opportunity never happened for me or my kids in regards to student loans. What makes this group so special? Votes.
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Totally agree^^^
      Originally posted by not2big View Post
      Why do you alway have to say the “Dems?” Not all Dems are calling for free higher education. Try to be more specific and point out the individual candidate you are referring to. Mayer Pete is proposing education debt forgiveness for volunteers in a service program, Joe Biden was in favor in ‘15 but seems to have reversed himself, Klobuchar is dismissive of the issue, Harris is talking about student loan forgiveness based on career choices, and Beto is proposing partial student loan forgiveness for those spending at least 5 years in education and full forgiveness after 10 years. Not all are advocating “free” education for all.

I agree candidates, including Trump, will say a lot of things in order to get votes. Let’s all watch the Debate tonight and revisit the topic tomorrow.
      I didn't say all Dems, I was talking about the ones who are. Now you bring up the others suggesting limits of 5 years, 10 years or income levels. When you have limits it's always going to leave some people very pissed off. What about the one who is at 5 years and one day? They're not going to be happy. And then they will think about one who is at 5 years exactly who will be over the limit tomorrow. Now you have 2 just barely over the limit with ones debt forgiven and the others is not. It's not as fair and simple as they make it sound.
      Cavalier
      Retired Super Moderator
      Member of the Month Feb 2015
      PEGym Hero
      Last edited by Cavalier; 09-13-2019, 10:12 AM.
      To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

I gather you guys feel that people who dedicate their lives to educating our kids at relatively low compensation and pay for a lot of the school supplies out of their own pocket don’t deserve a little special financial support at the expense of the tax payer. Instead, they should be satisfied with their own self fulfillment.
        Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
        12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
        12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
        01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
        01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
        01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
        Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

The median salary in my school district is $82,000 a year. My wifes friend just retired after teaching for 37 years and her pension is $91,000 a year plus health insurance. Please don't tell me they're underpaid.
          Oh I forgot to add the average salary in my state for teachers is 79,637. Not bad for working 180 days a year.
          CUSP82
          Administrator
          Admin of the Month Dec 2014
          PEGym Hero
          Last edited by CUSP82; 09-13-2019, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I have no problem with how much a teacher makes or even if they were to get more. I do have a little bit of a problem having money taken out of my paycheck to help pay for others college education after I already paid off the fortune I spent on mine.
            To totally satisfy a woman sexually is not about having a large penis, it's about being a good lover.

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
              I gather you guys feel that people who dedicate their lives to educating our kids at relatively low compensation and pay for a lot of the school supplies out of their own pocket don’t deserve a little special financial support at the expense of the tax payer. Instead, they should be satisfied with their own self fulfillment.
              They knew what the job entails. They knew what their compensation would be like. They took the job. Now we want to change the rules.
              Every year my school district has a vote on the budget. Every year they ask for more; oh it's for the children. 80%of the budget goes to salary and pensions. The rest goes to matainenence and the kids.
              Now if the budget is not passed what happens? They let go a few teacher? No way they cut out all sports, activities and buses, you know the stuff for the kids.

Comment

And school supplies.

Comment

Oops point of disclosure; my wife is a teacher.

Comment

As for the debates what did I learn? Well Castro is an ass; no need to go after Biden like that.
                    As for the rest? Nothing much new; someone else will be paying for the free stuff. Funny I got buddy of mine who'll probably stop by and make a comment. He's a smart guy and really looks at the issues. What I would tell him is that free this and free that is what most people seem to take from these debates. The Dems better change their message because that's what many people I talk to say. If it stays that way say goodbye to any chance in2020.

Comment

Wow this just gets worse. The New York Times published an article taking an excerpt from a book that hasn't even been published yet. It had stated that Kavanaugh had done something bad again in college. most of the Democratic candidates called for the Justice's impeachment. Well a day later the NY Times admits it made big error and retracted the story. Have the candidates come out and said they were wrong?

Comment

I guess the candidates didn’t feel the FBI did a proper investigation of the 40 or so “witnesses “ with in the week allotted the first time around and assumed the truncated NY Times article presented a full story so jumped on the opportunity to follow up on Kavanaugh ‘s collegiate indiscretions and were hoping to get a full and complete investigation this time around.

Not sure that they need to apologize for reacting to what they perceived to be an accurate portrayal of Kavanaugh’s indiscretions. In my opinion, Kavanaugh was indeed a bit over the top randy in college and should be apologizing for his actions at the time.
                        Fat Pad = 1+/-

Comment

And no one on the planet did anything bad in college.

Comment

Somehow this mob/media accusation means you're guilty mentality has got to stop. It's wrong.

Comment

I did a lot of drunken pranks while at college, but never exposed my dick in public.

Granted, he has probably turned his life around but when you have 40 or so people claiming they witnessed his indiscretions, it’s not a mentality issue. It’s a rather a rush to approval issue.

Tonight, Leading Democrats have decided not to pursue impeachment. Let’s not make a big deal out of it.
                              Fat Pad = 1+/-

Comment

There have been no one who said they saw anything, only oh I heard that she said that he said etc.. Why say he turned his life around hen there is no proof he needed to?

Comment

Working...
                                X