No announcement yet.

Coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find cream a bit much, less than whole milk too watery.
    I basically add about enough to go from black to dark brown. Just to knock the bitter edge off- much more and flavor notes start dropping out as Miss Tara noted.
    I know this isn't a tea thread, but I tend to also add a touch of whole milk to breakfast teas, say Earl Grey for instance. For more flowery types (say chamomile or jasmine) or matè I tend to do no milk or other additives. The caveat being I may add local honey to my peppermint tea if trying to fight a gut ache.

Back to coffee, I make a Christmas exception- eggnog (clean) in my coffee is a win on Christmas Eve and Day. Also a win on the Eve is Kahlua and Baileys.

Also, I'll agree- a perc-pot (camping percolator) is a great asset to have in case of disaster.

Comment

I do love drinking tia maria, bailey and kahlua.

I only drink triple mint tea... spearmint, peppermint and field mint. Its like hot mouthwash.
      Women were created from the rib of man to be beside him, not from his head to top him, nor from his feet to be trampled by him, but from under his arm to be protected by him, near to his heart to be loved by him.

Comment

Originally posted by Carguy88 View Post
        I basically add about enough to go from black to dark brown. Just to knock the bitter edge off
        I'll submit that if you're finding quality coffee that's roasted well, there shouldn't be objectionable bitterness. Typically an overly bitter coffee has been roasted far too long - often to mask the poor quality beans, themselves. I see that you're in TX and there are good roasters there. Civil Goat, Houndstooth, and Tenfold come to mind.

Comment

It's not that I generally run into overwhelming bitterness- if I'm forced to drink that swill it will get sugar and the heaviest cream on hand haha... that and over-roasting tends to give me a headache and brain fog.
          I just find there to be an "edge" of bitterness that I like calmed slightly, too much and other flavors start disappearing.

I haven't tried them, I may have to look into it!

Comment

Gotcha. I often end up having to do the same when we go out for brunch. We like to carry a small flask of Amarula or Bailey's with us, just in case

Comment

Revisiting this thread because Gear Patrol just released their list of the 25 best roasters. For those of you who enjoy looking for new coffees, check it out. About half of their list is in my usual rotation (along with a few that I mentioned earlier in this thread) so of course I'd have to say that I endorse their selections

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up!

Comment

I purchased some Black Rifle Coffee. I think i am going to join the club and get on the aoutomatic shipment program. That is some good coffee.

I'm going to check out that Gear Patrol Johnny D.
                  I like to reminisce with people I don't know. Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                  X