No announcement yet.

Sample body workout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vulcan - sounds like you're describing "man strength." I really believe this to be a true, yet intangible, thing.

True story: I'm 20 years old but I know better than to fuck with my Dad. Even in his late 40s...we got into a tussel once (I wrestled in high school, too) and when he grabbed me I knew I was in for it. Within seconds I was tossed to my back. I'm bigger than him too. There is really no explanation for what happened.

Comment

Blink - google search Mike Mentzer HIT (high intensity training) Theory. Its worth a read.

Comment

@Vulcan
        something happend to me after i crossed the 30
        i dont know if metabolism lowered suddenly? u dont burn carbs as fast as u do in your 20's?
        i started gaining weight and as time passed it felt like too much water was sufficient for weight gains
        went through my diet inch by inch and using the one i wrote in this thread, had to skip out sweets and junk food-days entirely just to maintain. Probably differs alot from person to person ofcourse...

@PEskeptic had to add
        late 40's the older ones who been working hard-labour most there lifes is what we call vein-strong u might not see muscles but i assure you (like your dad did) they can toss us around like puppets
        WhatAwanker
        Last edited by WhatAwanker; 09-10-2010, 06:31 PM.
        I know by heart i finally found the diamond (PEgym)
        Progress tips and tricks/pics added
        https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-thread-1.html

Comment

Originally posted by PEskeptic View Post
          Blink - google search Mike Mentzer HIT (high intensity training) Theory. Its worth a read.
          I think I read this years ago, maybe it's how I got my current philosophy.

I admit I haven't studied lifting much in the last several years... I did study it for many years, but eventually I got some pretty good opinions/ figured out what worked for me/ & reached my goals. At that point I probably stopped learning

I'll check it out.
          My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

Originally posted by PEskeptic View Post
            Vulcan - sounds like you're describing "man strength." I really believe this to be a true, yet intangible, thing.

True story: I'm 20 years old but I know better than to fuck with my Dad. Even in his late 40s...we got into a tussel once (I wrestled in high school, too) and when he grabbed me I knew I was in for it. Within seconds I was tossed to my back. I'm bigger than him too. There is really no explanation for what happened.
            I like it PEskeptic - "man strength", it's true.

I know that if I was to have a fight with myself from when I was 23 - I would win as a 36 years old.
            Vulcan
            7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
            5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

Originally posted by WhatAwanker View Post
              @Vulcan
              something happend to me after i crossed the 30
              i dont know if metabolism lowered suddenly? u dont burn carbs as fast as u do in your 20's?
              i started gaining weight and as time passed it felt like too much water was sufficient for weight gains
              went through my diet inch by inch and using the one i wrote in this thread, had to skip out sweets and junk food-days entirely just to maintain. Probably differs alot from person to person ofcourse...
              This is very true.

There are changes in your mitochondrial DNA once you get into your 30's, that's why athletes tend to loose speed once in their 30's - I have noticed this.

PE has made me want to eat 'clean' way more than exercise ever did.
              Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by blink2000 View Post
                I admit I haven't studied lifting much in the last several years... I did study it for many years, but eventually I got some pretty good opinions/ figured out what worked for me/ & reached my goals. At that point I probably stopped learning
                This is exactly how I am. Though I do still go on t-nation & similar just to see what is current.

Some of what Mike Mentzer used to talk about seems to be being looked at again. People are talking about how to really get the most out of the CNS & lift really heavy.
                Vulcan

Comment

Originally posted by vulcan View Post
                  This is very true.

There are changes in your mitochondrial DNA once you get into your 30's, that's why athletes tend to loose speed once in their 30's - I have noticed this.

PE has made me want to eat 'clean' way more than exercise ever did.
                  aye mate i also owe PE that i returned to the gym
                  actually the day i started JP's was the same day i decided to go back to training and get on the diet again
                  i am determined with training, diet (as i used to be) and PE
                  I know by heart i finally found the diamond (PEgym)
                  Progress tips and tricks/pics added
                  https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-thread-1.html

Comment

Originally posted by WhatAwanker View Post
                    aye mate i also owe PE that i returned to the gym
                    actually the day i started JP's was the same day i decided to go back to training and get on the diet again
                    i am determined with training, diet (as i used to be) and PE
                    This is good WAW - I have done PE for a long enough period now to observe the effect of both total healthy living & the opposite.

Super healthy living gets rewarded in PE - no doubt about it.
                    Vulcan

Comment

Working...
                    X