9/11 2001

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 2001

i wrote this 9/12 2001 i have never written it elsewere untill this day.

Souls.

What agony and pain,
    this surely is not the act of a sain.

It fills us with anger and sorrow in our heart
    is this how our day should start?

My lord i beg of you free our souls from our pain within,
    we can no longer live with this sin.

Free our souls from this darkness,
    show us your light and brightness.

Our anger and sorrow grows stronger by the day,
    we can not fight it only pray.

My lord lead our fallen souls,
    lead them with your hand,
    to the open fields owned by you
    and not man.

Dedicated to the people and fallen souls of America
    9/11-2001

WaW
    a muslim...
    I know by heart i finally found the diamond (PEgym)
    Progress tips and tricks/pics added
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-thread-1.html

Shows that not all Muslims are terrorists. Reminds me of a "Share" from my alcohol classes. Not bad at all.

Comment

I believe in destiny
      me writing this here for the first time after keeping it stored away for 9 years is not coincidence
      this was ment for someone among us in this very forum who is heavy at heart regarding 9/11
      nothing in life is random
      I know by heart i finally found the diamond (PEgym)
      Progress tips and tricks/pics added
      https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-thread-1.html

Comment

It was a day just like this in New York, a beautiful blue sky. It was a day my friends and many others never came home! George, Timmy, Paulie, you guys, and all the others, will never be forgotten!
        The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I think everyone will remember where they were when they first heard about the WTC being hit by a plane.......I had just left the gym and remember thinking "oh shit, a little cessna hit the WTC???....damn, that sucks"....it never occurred to me that a fully loaded passenger jetliner hit the tower. And when I learned that it was a jetliner and not a little bity plane, I thought "damn, how could the captain not have seen the tower???" and that's when I heard about the 2nd plane hitting the tower and I knew something was seriously wrong.

So, I began driving to San Diego for a job I had down there and then about half way there, they announced that a plane had crashed into the Pentagon. That's when I started to flip the fuck out. "WHAT the hell is happening?????" I wondered. And as I then heard about the 4th plane crashing into a field in Pennsylvania, that was when I started to cry..........I didn't know what the hell was happening but all I could figure out was that we, as a nation, were under some type of insane attack and I started wondering if the West Coast was next. I started thinking about my then wife and my kids who were 3 and 6 mos.old at the time (now 12 & 9 years old). Needless to say, I turned around and headed back for home where with my 3 year old on my lap, we sat and watched both towers 1 & 2 come tumbling down to the ground..............it was a site I'll never forget as long as I live. How do I explain this to my 3 year old little girl?.....it was a horrible, God awful, tragic day that my daughter, who's now in junior high, reads about in history books.

I didn't know anyone who perished that fateful day but as a fellow American, I felt it in my heart.

God bless the families of the victims of 9/11 and may we as a country continue to stand united against those that hate us simply because we have freedoms and liberties they do not.
          MrBigDick
          Retired Moderator
          PEGym Hero
          Last edited by MrBigDick; 09-11-2010, 09:53 PM.
          It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

Just the other day I watched a few videos people shot of the planes hitting both of the towers as well as some news coverage from 2001....even after all these years, it still brings me to tears. I was a freshman in college when the attacks occurred and since I live about 40 mins from NYC and many people commute there daily, alot of people in the town I live in & neighboring towns had lost family members and loved ones. Really hits home every year just how much that day will forever change the face of America.

WhatAwanker- Thanks very much for sharing that with us!

*diesel
            Starting Stats:
            March 2010- BPEL: 5.75" MSEG: 4.80"
            Current Stats:
            November 2010- BPEL: 6.62" MSEG: 4.875"

Comment

On September 11th 2001, I couldn't believe what I heard. People at work couldn't stop talking about it.

A very sad day indeed.
              My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

No religion ever said to kill your fellow man! What God has created He created and he never gave us the right to kill his creations!God is not Catholic,Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, or anything else.He is simply God! Evil kills and evil that kills in the name of God has a special place in hell!

Comment

What happened that day reverberated round the world. I arrived at work as normal (it was lunchtime here) and heard someone talking about a big fire. I asked what had happened and was told "they've kamikaze bombed the world trade center", i said no way. No way. Ran through to the staff tv, some of the folks were in shock, and i was just numb watching the images of these towers, which i'd known all my life as a symbol of NY, stricken and pluming smoke. When they came down, well i've never known anything like that. Of course we knew then that things had changed forever, but what hit home the most was just the thought of how many people were still in the buildings, and we knew the FDNY were making their way up to the impact zones. Incredibly, some had already made it up there. Those guys, with no regard for their own safety, go down as some of the bravest souls i've ever heard of, and their families, though heartbroken, can be so proud of those men. For the next few days i just sat stunned in front of the tv. I've got one of those posters of the Empire State Building on my wall, Twin Towrers in the distance, and today my heart goes out to those touched.

Comment

I was asleep when the first tower was struck... I woke up, turned on the TV to start my day and the only thing on was the news... a few minutes later I saw live, the next plane hit... Then I got a call from my ex brother-in-law, a Navy man on the Naval base I lived 5 minutes from tell me to not come to the base that no one was allowed on or off and I knew something very bad was happening. To this day, 9 years later, the bases security is high.
                    Start - BPEL 6.5" EG 5.2"
                    Current - BPEL 6.5" EG 5.2"
                    Goal NBPEL 7.0" EG 6.0"

Comment

I saw a shot of a liitle blonde girl on tv, maybe 4 or 5 years of age. She said" Mommy, the buildings aren't there anymore". They aren't there anymore!!!!

( sorry-bad day for me!)

Comment

It's a gorgeous day in the NYC area today, just like it was 9/11/01. Somehow that always makes it worse.

Comment

I also remember President Bush ordering all planes in the United States grounded until further notice. At the time, my wife and I were renting a house that was under the flight path of planes coming in to land at John Wayne Airport (the OC)............those were the most erie and quiet 4 days I can ever remember. It was typical at night to hear planes going over the house and for those few nights, the quiet was just about haunting. Even the local police department helicopter was grounded for those 4 days.

I live 10 minutes from Disneyland........for the first time in it's history, Disneyland was evacuated in case the West Coast was next.....

I was just watching this documentary on the history channel on 9/11.........to watch those towers come down still brings tears to my eyes. I just remember sitting on our lazy boy recliner with my 3 year old on my lap watching both towers collapse and the only thing I could say was "oh my God, oh my God, oh my God......."

Comment

My heart is heavy today for my fallen pal, Tommy, NYCFD. May his gentle soul always rest in peace.

Comment

Originally posted by going411by7 View Post
                              My heart is heavy today for my fallen pal, Tommy, NYCFD. May his gentle soul always rest in peace.
                              Oh man Bob, I am sooo sorry for your loss. Your fallen pal is a true American hero and he'll never be forgotten for his ultimate sacrifice. God bless him.

Comment

Working...
                              X