quest for the admirable.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quest for the admirable.

After a long drunken and quite philosophical discussion with my room-mate we have decided to try a social experiment of sorts. After pointing out my innate ability to find flaw in well... everything, he challenged me to find at least one admirable trait in virtually everyone I spend time with. (impossible I know) I accepted the challenge. I am also supposed to tell these people. So here is a start with a few members.

Cusp - What can I say? Your constant cheer and goodwill towards all men (and our few female members ) is certainly an inspiration.

Tinkerbell - You have one of the most generous giving souls with which I have had the pleasure of conversing, your advice is priceless and always comes from the best of intentions.

Misty - Your support and willingness to lend an ear is quite uplifting and something I will always cherish and remember.

Going411by7 - I do not know if you have ever read "The Stand" but you remind me of kings character called "The Judge", a constant willingness to do what needs doing and the determination needed to go along with it. As well as a sense of wisdom that one can only acquire through a lifetime of experience.

Batwomen - I simply love your take no shit attitude

Mrbigdick - Surprised? you are yourself and dont apologize for it, I wish I had those kinds of balls

Wow this is much harder then I thought, I really dont want to give anyone the same traits so while I still have a few people to add I am gonna have to think for awhile and get back to this

Thanks Phil,
    I like the challenge your room-mate has set you..I look forward to reading what other positives you come up with about different members.
    ~ If.....
    ~ TTBB big-ginners program for JPopping boobies
    ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

Hey, where's my feedback? I'm special too, right?

Comment

Thanks, Phil. You have reminded me of something I too often forget--that my cup runneth over. I never understood that line from a prayer I was taught as a child. "Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever."

There are many good, caring people here at the gym. I am glad I am a part of this special team.

Comment

Hey phill thanks for the compliment. It is appreciated. I just want to remind you one one thing. You have given some nice words to some of us but please remember that it is you who bring these qualities out in us. Trust me I have been a bit nasty on many a post; not on yours. You have a tendency to bring out what is good in people. Remember you have that gift as it is a special one. Thank you again.
          The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Thank you Phil, mighty kind of you to include me in your challenge. And you've got me pegged spot on......nice job. Thanks again.
            It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

I have never experinced a unity of people like i have here on PEGYM , most of the people here share or know some form of the same pain, namly the deeply rooted pain of not meassuring up.
              Soldiers that have been to war share a special bond because of the pain and fear the have gone through and maybe its the same thing in here.
              We know what it feels like to feels those feelings or at least we can relate to them.

A mans sexuality is deeply rooted in have he sees his penis , and a mans happiness is deeply rooted in his sexuality.

One possitiv thing about PE that overshadows even my girth gains is that I feel much more sympathy for other people.
              I want for no one to feel the type pain I have feelt and i wanna tell them that there is somthing you can do about it and that it can make there life better.

im a bit emotional today .

Comment

Phil if you keep up this exercise and practice it every day your life will become immeasuarably better in every respect.
                pterodactyl

Currently on the Phallosan Forte

Comment

Originally posted by pterodactyl View Post
                  phil if you keep up this exercise and practice it every day your life will become immeasuarably better in every respect.
                  bingo!
                  It's a tough job being good looking and hung :-)

Comment

First off, its really really hard to stay positive for a week. To be honest I dont think I made it past day three. I do find people more amusing after doing this though, but that doesnt really sound like a good thing when read aloud.

Secondly, people really really care about my opinion. I always figured the majority of what I said was dismissed, but apparently both my negative and positive feedback carries a shitload of weight. I try to avoid certain topics with people in order not to sway their beliefs but I didnt realize my opinion had such an effect on things I beleive to be completely trivial.

Finally, i was in a really good mood the day I wrote the initial post and I cant figure out or remember why....

Ill be continuing to look for at least one redeemable (had to lower my standards from admirable, people really, really suck) quality in the majority of people I interact with.

Another funny thing worth mentioning was the different reactions I got from men vs women. It was easier to find the traits I was looking for in men, but they generally dont want to hear about it, seems one needs to earn a mans respect before he can voice his approval. Whereas you point something positive out to a woman and she seems to take this as a go ahead to talk for 20 min about everything she can think of that relates.

Comment

I came across your post tonight. Thank you for thinking of me.

I think your friend gave you a good challenge. One of my best friends father is very negative. I don't know how he is still alive. I cannot imagine living with such lack of anything, anyone or humanity. I don't consider myself a really optimistic person but his dad is unbelievable. I think he found some happiness in his dog.

What I am trying to get at is try to think positive. I don't wish for you to be like his dad. I have had to really work at being happy and positive. Some of us aren't lucky enough for it to be natural.

You know that one thing you said to me really lifted me up. I still have it saved on my computer. It made me smile, feel good inside and I looked at you totally differently. I was confused by you at first. Then when I saw you in a different way, I began to understand you more.

Comment

Working...
                      X