No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Existence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry my bad, if u look earlier in the thread i already admitted i continually need to be told to settle down,. especially right now i am trying to quit smoking weed which is actually why ive been so active, having things to debate distracts me but right now im very anxious and my mind is racing a mile a min so yeah, when im a dick just tell me to chill and i will lol

and its very common amongst people of higher inteligence to get caught up in who is right rather then what is right, which is usually when technicallities start getting thrown about it. but i only care about what is right lol i have a very healthy confidence in my intelligence and its caring about what rather then who that separates me from the elitists. but again i dont wanna derail the thread by talking about me, so how about you give me your interpretation of the questions i asked qarzan? would love to see a few separate perspectives.
    Last edited by phil88; 05-03-2012, 12:56 PM. Reason: added second paragrahp

Comment

Originally posted by TheSnitch View Post
      You exist inside a reality. Either that reality is based on that which is created by others and imposed upon you; either you excel or you crumble in this type of reality. Those who excel generally don't think about the reality in which they exist and those who crumble generally think too much about it, without being brave enough to step outside the confines in which they exist. Or, you exist in a reality of your own and impose it upon others.

Most people attempt to create their own reality within the one their given and end up pulled in two without recourse for true self discovery.

Who you are and what you are is as temporary as the worldview in which you establish in order to make who you are and what you are acceptable if not transcendent.
      You are describing more of an existentialist point of view, it seems, which I also subscribe to, but I reduce it mainly to a psychological effect that people subconsciously have on each other, that is transmitted and received in terms of body language, tone of voice, etc.
      Starting (3/14/2011) = 5" x 4"
      Current (7/16/2013) = 5.75" x 4.125"

Short-Term Goal = BPEL 6"
      Long-Term Goal = 7.5" x 5.5"

Comment

Originally posted by phil88 View Post
        Your getting caught up in the Ethereal aspects of "why". Everything is matter, right down to the electrical synapses that make up your thought process. Answer me these few questions please. How do you interpret time? What is boredom?

Also you need to incorporate gravity as a (imo "the") driving force for the way things are.
        Ok, will try to answer these questions as honestly as I can.

E=mc^2, energy is matter, and matter is energy. Is this what you're referring to when you say that everything is matter? Inversely, you can say that everything is energy.

Time, hmm, is a mechanism of the human mind. Don't know how to explain it. Is it real? I don't know.

Boredom, is a feeling that you're not being stimulated enough. It's just that, a feeling, that your mind should be doing something but isn't.

Gravity, are you talking about the physical force? What about electro-magnetic? Nuclear Strong/Nuclear Weak forces? This is getting more into quantum mechanics and theoretical physics and less into religion, philosophy, and the interconnectedness of all beings.
        Starting (3/14/2011) = 5" x 4"
        Current (7/16/2013) = 5.75" x 4.125"

Short-Term Goal = BPEL 6"
        Long-Term Goal = 7.5" x 5.5"

Comment

BEAUTIFUL, you time is dead on, boredom is very open to interpretation, there is no right or wrong, I look at it as an acute awareness of time, which doesnt exist lol.

There is no spiritual or religious view, those require faith which means your not aloud to question it, by questioning it you lack faith and are not a believer, therefore philosophy is in direct contradiction in anything requiring faith.

if all matter is energy and energy is most everything then how is physics which is the search for the answer to why anything but the highest of philosophies? (with the exception of meta-physics). To figure it out you need to throw some chem an bio-chem as well. You can not let your bias against any one view cloud the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Qarzan View Post
            You are describing more of an existentialist point of view, it seems, which I also subscribe to, but I reduce it mainly to a psychological effect that people subconsciously have on each other, that is transmitted and received in terms of body language, tone of voice, etc.
            Yeah, in this instance I'm referring to cultural affects of personal identity and perception of existence.
            13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Goal
            10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Goal

B
            link 2000's Links

Comment

Working...
            X