Condom width sizes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condom width sizes.

Right i signed in to ask a question which has been confusing me lately, i am going to start to have sex with my girlfriend and i never used condoms before. I have been reading lately about average penis sizes. My girth is about 13cm and width is about 42mm. From what i have read online these measurements are entirely average and in no way ''small''. Right so my question is for condom sizes, 'regular' or 'standard' condoms all say the width is about 52mm some even 56mm, even the snug fit (for below average size penis') are 49mm. My question is wtf is this? If the regular guy is about 40mm and upwards, are the condom manufacturers saying that regular condoms are too wide for regular penis' and snug fit condoms are too wide for regular penis' too? This doesn't make much sense to me. Thanks for reading and for any answers.

most of the time when ypou get going, your penis will actualy swell a little bit more (some cases 1.2 inch). your verage, and normal condoms will work. they plan them to try to work for everyone.
    7.17.2012 (start)
    BPEL:5 3/4
    EG:4 3/4"

9.5.2015(current)
    BPEL:6 1/2
    EG:5 1/8

"When in doubt, lubricate.” – Jamie Hyneman

Comment

Huh? Then why do all the sites say to measure when erect, it just seems strange to me that all the condom widths are bigger than the average male's penis width.

Comment

condom size and facts: Detailed condom / penis size perfect fit chart
        condom size and facts: Condom Size Chart: a condom fit for everyone

At 13 cm, you would wear a condom size around 57mm
        PEGym Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH76tfDxm7Y

Comment

Ok thankyou BTBrian, thats what i wanted to know, but i am still dismayed at the sizing the condom manufacturers use, very unclear and uniformative wouldn't you agree?

Comment

that doesnt sound right it is saying magnums are for 126mm to 136mm
            BTBrian
            Last edited by BTBrian; 07-29-2012, 11:21 PM.
            7.5x6 so what:boom:

Comment

Originally posted by duppy View Post
              that doesnt sound right it is saying magnums are for 126mm to 136mm
              Yea, magnums are for guys 5-5.5 girth generally. Thats cuz that is big, people don't realize how big a 5.25 girth is. 6 inch girth is massive

Comment

Originally posted by BTBrian View Post
                Yea, magnums are for guys 5-5.5 girth generally. Thats cuz that is big, people don't realize how big a 5.25 girth is. 6 inch girth is massive
                man i always thought magnums were for guys who had 6 inch girth and up well the xl

Comment

Well you thought wrong.
                  Restart [4/17/16] 7.5 BPSFL • 7.25 BPEL • 5.125 USEG • 5.75 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG (not valid)
                  Goal 1 [7/17/16] 7.75 BPSFL • 7.5 BPEL • 5.25 USEG •
                  6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

Comment

Originally posted by duppy View Post
                    man i always thought magnums were for guys who had 6 inch girth and up well the xl
                    Originally posted by Koh View Post
                    Well you thought wrong.
                    Yea we've been trying to tell you for months that your sig is absurd.. Magnum xls are like 5.5-6" girth.

Comment

Originally posted by BTBrian View Post
                      Yea we've been trying to tell you for months that your sig is absurd.. Magnum xls are like 5.5-6" girth.
                      man there is alot of misinformation its just hard to believe because ive read in multiple places that xl were for people who were that size and i dont have any good experience with condoms so i was in the dark

Comment

My experience is that I prefered large fit once I reached 5.5" girth and once I reached 6" bpeg they feel a bit small.
                        of course there is a lot of individual vary in this,

Comment

Originally posted by whatthehell View Post
                          Right i signed in to ask a question which has been confusing me lately, i am going to start to have sex with my girlfriend and i never used condoms before. I have been reading lately about average penis sizes. My girth is about 13cm and width is about 42mm. From what i have read online these measurements are entirely average and in no way ''small''. Right so my question is for condom sizes, 'regular' or 'standard' condoms all say the width is about 52mm some even 56mm, even the snug fit (for below average size penis') are 49mm. My question is wtf is this? If the regular guy is about 40mm and upwards, are the condom manufacturers saying that regular condoms are too wide for regular penis' and snug fit condoms are too wide for regular penis' too? This doesn't make much sense to me. Thanks for reading and for any answers.
                          watthehell, your confusion comes from the fact condom manufacturers use the term "size" or girth when actually they talk about half perimeter (width when laid flat).
                          49mm condom -> 98mm girth
                          52mm condom -> 104mm girth
                          57 mm condom -> 114mm girth
                          60mm condom -> 120mm girth

So for your 130mm erect penis girth, a 49mm condom would be stretched by 32%, which is to much, unconfortable and maybe painful depending on your sensitivity.
                          A standard 52mm condom would be stretched by 25%, which is a tight fit, yet very safe.
                          A large 57mm condom would be stretched by 14%, which is a perfect fit and still safe.
                          An XL 60mm condom would be stretched by 8%, which is unsafe as it could slip, depending on the qualty of your erection.

On a side note concerning magnums, the condom opening is always 56-57mm (56.3mm exactly). But the head size is 60mm (120mm girth) for the regular magnum, and 65mm (130mm girth) for the XL one. This has to be taken into account if you want to use such condom. Your penis head should be bigger than these sizes.

All this tends to prove that condom sizes are not marketing tricks to improve companies' margins. Magnum trade mark though is marketing trick.
                          Last edited by staline; 07-30-2012, 05:28 AM.
                          16.2 X 13.5 cm (6.37 X 5.31 in)

Comment

Don't like Magnum as their base width is not enough . Like many who do pe my base girth is bigger than top girth . So base girth is limiting factor and I want the base of the condom to be large not the top.

Comment

Working...
                            X