What's YOUR Groundhog Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigO View Post
    I know what you mean about all that wedding work TPW. To be honest me and my wife went to our hotel, we passed the hell out and did not even have the wedding fun until the next night. it was a ton of work and planning. Great day but I liked the day she said yes better.
    Exactly BigO...we were so bloody tired, that we opted for a soak in the hot tub in our honeymoon suite (my head was aching from my veil) and completely crashed afterwards...no worries though, we've been making up for it ever since!

Comment

Too hard! Dammit... Like you guys already said - definitely not the wedding day (exhausted! No wedding night fun either - we had to be up at like 4:30 am for our flight to Hawaii) or the day my son was born (exhausted! Up for more than 24 hours straight, loooongg and brutal story). I'd pick a day back when my wife and I were dating. We spent the day at the Ann Arbor art festival eating junk food, found some decent art which currently hangs on our wall, went and got a great dinner together - just the two of us (I miss that). Then went to the Oasis hot tub gardens and sat (etc...) in the hot tubs for hours under the stars. Drove her home and she fell asleep leaning against me in the car, great day
      Just a regular dick on a forum all about guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Steneo View Post
        Too hard! Dammit... Like you guys already said - definitely not the wedding day (exhausted! No wedding night fun either - we had to be up at like 4:30 am for our flight to Hawaii) or the day my son was born (exhausted! Up for more than 24 hours straight, loooongg and brutal story). I'd pick a day back when my wife and I were dating. We spent the day at the Ann Arbor art festival eating junk food, found some decent art which currently hangs on our wall, went and got a great dinner together - just the two of us (I miss that). Then went to the Oasis hot tub gardens and sat (etc...) in the hot tubs for hours under the stars. Drove her home and she fell asleep leaning against me in the car, great day
        Steneo...that sounds like a most excellent perfect day...thanks for sharing!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steneo View Post
          Ann Arbor, are you a Wolverines fan. Another of my favorite days was when Michigan defeated Washington State and split the title with the Corn huskers of Nebraska. I moved from Michigan to Nebraska and became a fan of the big red and Tom Osborne so I may have been the only one happy that they both got a share of the title before the BCS started. He retired after that season winning 3 of the last 4 national titles.
          Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
            Ann Arbor, are you a Wolverines fan. Another of my favorite days was when Michigan defeated Washington State and split the title with the Corn huskers of Nebraska. I moved from Michigan to Nebraska and became a fan of the big red and Tom Osborne so I may have been the only one happy that they both got a share of the title before the BCS started. He retired after that season winning 3 of the last 4 national titles.
            I have a soft spot since I lived in Michigan for a few years and it is my wife's alma mater - Ann Arbor is a great town too! But I'm a Boilermaker, hardcore, through and through! Who's my favorite? Purdue and whomever is playing Notre Dame that day!

Another great memory, and a few days I'd repeat given the chance, is when Purdue went to the Rose Bowl in 2001. I was a junior and extremely lucky, along with a several friends, to actually get tickets to the game. Spent several days around new years in California when I was 20 (several of the friends were 21 thank God...lol) and it was just amazing even though Purdue lost (as I'm sure you are aware BigO) to Washington. Didn't matter, still such a great time
            Just a regular dick on a forum all about guys.

Comment

They were a good team back then and they look god now too. I agree with pulling for anyone who plays Notre Dame, I hate that team with a passion.
              Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

Working...
                X