Calling all hangers....!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigO View Post
    40 .minute sets with a captains wench is too long per set, you will wreck your nerves and will soon experience numbness and other possible and more serious injuries.
    Limit sets to 20 minutes in duration and also, even if you feel up to it, don't go up.2.5 lbs per week, maybe for the first adjustment.

Not to pile on, but hanging and driving.....don't.

Ok, so what works we with hanging....many things but ot all with every kind of hanger.

Vac hanging goes well with pumping, not so well with compression hanging, maybe at first but not once you get up in weight.

Jelquing and/or clamping goes with both, ADS or anything to apply low force traction will go well with hanging too.

I'd recommend jelquing with hanging first, safety combo and proven.

Good luck towards your goals
    Thank you for replying bigO...ive read many of your post.

Ive stopped doing long sets like that. Ive experienced numbness twice already and was not pleasant.

So far ive only added edging with hanging but will definitely look into adding jelq/clamping in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by bonds View Post
      Thank you for replying bigO...ive read many of your post.

Ive stopped doing long sets like that. Ive experienced numbness twice already and was not pleasant.

So far ive only added edging with hanging but will definitely look into adding jelq/clamping in the near future.

Good on you for shortening the sets.

I'd recommend jelqhing first, its great for restoring blood flow and EQ, I only rarely clamp. Clamping can be tasking so if you try cla.ping makes use and read the sticky threads in the devices forum.
      Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

I have about a year of hang time and would say I've gained a solid inch. I don't know the exact time frame but after a few months in at around 15 pounds my wife told me my unit grew. I had originally told her I was hanging to restore foreskin ha ha and after sex one night she asked "is it possible that hanging is making you longer? All of a sudden you are going deeper than before" I told her I have no idea.

What the measurements say is bpfsl has gone from 7 1/8 to 8

Now here's the thing... I almost quit hanging because my nbpel was 6" and never measured a change until I realized I was never 100 percent erect. I finally just by chance had a full hard on one day and measured 7 nbpel and 7.5 bpel

So what I have gathered is that the gains are there it just takes an extreme erection for them to show.

Other than that.. I've been at it for a year and I'm done. Wife is always asking me to stop and I'm happy with where I'm at.
        Might do some manual stretches occasionally though

Oh yea... I worked up to 35 pounds over the year. Usually tried to get 3 sets in in the morning and 3 In the evening

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
          40 .minute sets with a captains wench is too long per set, you will wreck your nerves and will soon experience numbness and other possible and more serious injuries.
          Limit sets to 20 minutes in duration and also, even if you feel up to it, don't go up.2.5 lbs per week, maybe for the first adjustment.
          Hey Big O, has there been any science or testing put behind 20 minute sets? Is it just done to prevent any numbness or restricting blood flow?

I hang for 30 minute sets usually on my last couple sets and my thinking behind it was
          1. Convenience, its easier to hang 4 sets of 30 than 6 sets of 20 to get my 2 hours a day
          2. We try reach fatigue and then ride it, the longer the set, surely we are riding that fatigue longer and just increasing it if we can go the extra 10 mins. Surely the ligs will be more tired and fatigued in those last 10 mins and more susceptible to deformation.

However I was thinking that in those 10, things do get tough at a light weight. If sets were shorter I could hang heavier and the greater weight would induce a greater stretch as most people say they GRT their best gains around the 10 to 20lb range

Then again we always preach to hang the lightest weight possible to attain fatigue and ride it. This brings me back to the 30 minute set. Those last 10 are a killer (in a good way) to wear out the logs and tunica. Forcing you to hang at the lighter weight.

Any thoughts?
          12 November 2020 BPEL 16.8cm MEG 13.8cm
          11 January 2021 BPEL 17.4cm MEG 14.0cm
          07 February 2021 BPEL 17.8cm MEG 14.0cm BEG 13.5cm
          27 May 2021 BPEL 18.4cm NBPEL 15.4cm MEG 14.5cm BEG 14.0cm NBPFL 11.3cm MFG 11.8cm

Long Term Goal - 21cm NBP X 16cm

Comment

I would say if you are not reaching numbness itll be alright. I hang for 20mins then take the hanger off to restore bloodflow for 30 seconds-2mins so im not losing much time doing that.

Also @bigo, blake and shwaggins

Do you guys take rest days? How many times a week?

Comment

Maybe on my final set I might feel slight numbness or glands feeling cold but within a minute or 2 of taking off my hanger, all goes back to normal. I usually take 5 to 10 minutes rest between sets with some light helping to get the blood flow going again. I noticed things felt much better when I started doing this during my rest rather than just putting my hot water bottle back in place to warm everything up.

Its very rare I take rest days and usually only if I'm letting a skin break heal or if I'm incredibly busy or tired after a long day during the weekend. Currently on a streak of 4 weeks of at least an hour everyday with most days getting 2 hours in.

I am doing reading on progressive hanging where you do take days off and hang much less volume. Seems to go against the teachings of bib from back in the day. I don't know if I'm just getting too hasty and want gains straight away rather than just staying the course and waiting to break through a mini plateau I think I'm in
              27 May 2021 BPEL 18.4cm NBPEL 15.4cm MEG 14.5cm BEG 14.0cm NBPFL 11.3cm MFG 11.8cm

Comment

Ive read through your log, although its been awhile since reading the beginning parts of your log but it seems like when you were gaining when you were taking breaks from letting your skin heal. I may be wrong but look into it and report back here.

Comment

Originally posted by DildoShwaggins View Post
                  Hey Big O, has there been any science or testing put behind 20 minute sets? Is it just done to prevent any numbness or restricting blood flow?

I hang for 30 minute sets usually on my last couple sets and my thinking behind it was
                  1. Convenience, its easier to hang 4 sets of 30 than 6 sets of 20 to get my 2 hours a day
                  2. We try reach fatigue and then ride it, the longer the set, surely we are riding that fatigue longer and just increasing it if we can go the extra 10 mins. Surely the ligs will be more tired and fatigued in those last 10 mins and more susceptible to deformation.

However I was thinking that in those 10, things do get tough at a light weight. If sets were shorter I could hang heavier and the greater weight would induce a greater stretch as most people say they GRT their best gains around the 10 to 20lb range

Then again we always preach to hang the lightest weight possible to attain fatigue and ride it. This brings me back to the 30 minute set. Those last 10 are a killer (in a good way) to wear out the logs and tunica. Forcing you to hang at the lighter weight.

Any thoughts?
                  20 minutes is recommended because clamp styled devices limit blood flow.

Cutting off blood flow for more than 20 minutes can cause damage to the tissue so for safety purposes 20 minutes is a safe length of time. At lower weights you can get by with it but once you get heavier in hanging weight you may start to experience pro-longed numbness and blood flow issues.

You only get one dick, stay safe.
                  Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Thanks for the input big O. Things are starting to get heavier so I am hanging for shorter periods. Ill try keep this up and see hoe things feel in future

Bonds, I suppose you are right.this I more put this down to early noon gains. Taking days off does seem to fly against the theory of Bib. But others have has success without hanging everyday. Conflicting to say the least but1 thing that is certain is that you have to stick to 1 routine and be faithful to it to get the gains to come.

my question to both of you, After how long do you change?

Comment

People have indeed gained from hanging with rest days. I just wish there was a general consensus to which is better. Bib is just one person and can be the anomaly. Thats why I wanted BigO to answer due to his experience and knowledge from other hangers over the years. It would be cool if you can just @ someone and they get a notification lol

After how long to change what exactly? To completely change the routine? If you were gaining from taking rest days from your skin breaking and then stopped the rest days id say you already changed it. But with hanging you have so many options to slightly change. The weight most importantly. All different hanging angels and methods(bundled, fulcrum,etc) and also adding exercises to your hanging. My opinion is stick to it atleast for a few more weeks. Gains might now come 2x or 3x as long as before

Comment

True, bib is one man but his teachings did guide the way for so many others and his logic for continual fatigue is sound. It would be useful if it was that simple haha

How long to go with a current routine before changing. I wouldn't say completely change but maybe adding rest days or lighter days and the like. I did gain from the times where I took a few days break but there were other factors too obviously so its hard to say it was the breaks that did it. I was using a different hanger then, lighter weights as I was a noob. Also was at a different angle since I did hang off the side of my bed where as now I'm sitting in a chair leaning back.

I'm thinking of trying to get to 200 hours hanging uninterrupted if I can. If no length gains have been made ill change my routine.

Comment

Hi! I've gained about an inch in BPEL from hanging over a couple of years. Extremely irregular, a couple of days on then up to a couple of weeks off.
                          I use a vacuum hanger and have been hanging at 3kg for almost all of that time. I hang for long periods (ie an hour).
                          The "routine" is generally as follows:
                          -very quick warm up, a few helicopters, rice sock etc.
                          -start hanging, straight down with a towel/dressing gown on.
                          -do the cooking, cleaning, household chores.
                          -when I finish or I get sore, I pump for up to 10 minutes.

I've also experimented with an over the shoulder set up, with quite good results although it can rub on your shoulders/give you a sore back if you're not careful.

*Definitely NO driving while hanging!!!

Comment

Thank you joe for replying to this thread. If you can give more detail that would be great brother.

Shwaggins, i took Tuesday and today off for rest after a 2-3 week routine with no rest. I measured today and seem to have gained .1in in length and a definite .15 in girth. Just from a very short rest break. Thats very interesting. There might be something in working continuously then take a rest days.

Comment

Bonds, Took yesterday and today off to let some small spotting on my glands heal. Was nice to be able to relax and not habe to worry about giving 3 hours of the day up to hang. Breaks do feel good for a mental reset and if your finding is right maybe ill get some gains from it too.

A day off every week or 2 could be exactly what I need to spark the fire in me again

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Schlong View Post
                                Hi! I've gained about an inch in BPEL from hanging over a couple of years. Extremely irregular, a couple of days on then up to a couple of weeks off.
                                I use a vacuum hanger and have been hanging at 3kg for almost all of that time. I hang for long periods (ie an hour).
                                The "routine" is generally as follows:
                                -very quick warm up, a few helicopters, rice sock etc.
                                -start hanging, straight down with a towel/dressing gown on.
                                -do the cooking, cleaning, household chores.
                                -when I finish or I get sore, I pump for up to 10 minutes.

I've also experimented with an over the shoulder set up, with quite good results although it can rub on your shoulders/give you a sore back if you're not careful.

*Definitely NO driving while hanging!!!
                                How many sets per day - hours per week do you hang typically?

Did you ever vary that and did your results changes?

Thank you - I’m just starting out with hanging and would love to get your results - congratulations.
                                Start 3/15/21 - NBPEL 6, BPEL 6.5, BPFSL 6.5, MEG 5.5

Current - NBPEL 6-3/4, BPEL 7-3/8, BPFSL 8, MEG 5.5

2021 Goal - NBPEL 6-3/4, BPEL 7.5, BPFSL 8, MEG 5.5

2022 Goal - NBPEL 7.5, BPEL 8.5, BPFSL 9, MEG 6.0

Comment

Working...
                                X