No announcement yet.

The Captn’s Wench - Hanger, Manual Stretcher, ADS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool device, blink2000! Thankyou for sharing.
    "Todays preparation determines tomorrow's achievement."

Comment

This is great

Comment

yeah this should possibly be a sticky!
        Aug 5 '11 -- Sept 14 '11
        NBPEL 6.5" (+.25")
        BEG 5.25" (+.125")

Short-Term Goal
        NBPEL 7"
        BEG 5.5"

Comment

It's already part of the Device List sticky.
          Old Gym Log - Tracking progress with the iLogPE App
          "Wherever you go, there you are. Stay sexy, my friends."

Comment

Can't believe I haven't seen this thread before. Very good, I might be off to the hardware store today

Comment

I got 2.5m of 50mm Heavy Duty Velcro. There wasn't industrial strength, so I hope this will be okay. It should at least be good for the lower weight range. I couldn't find the rubber pad things though. I did get a higher density plumbers block that I'll try to cut to size. I also got some chamois material for my underwrap. I do like getting art and craft materials for PE

Comment

It's funny, I just looked up Waxman grippers on Amazon, and all the materials neccessary for building the wench are in related products.

Comment

I actually used a bit of pipe insulation and it works good but needs to be replaced every couple of weeks.
                  Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

I was also thinking maybe flat rectangle erasers. I am trying to find out the load capacity of the American brand industrial strength Velcro. I see on pictures of the packaging, it also says "Heavy Duty" like mine. I have enough Heavy Duty Velcro to make about 10 wenches
                    Last edited by Guest; 11-01-2011, 01:44 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

The eraser thing just might work out well
                      Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Since going to.10lbs I'm getting bruises!! I think I need a new wrap or a longer time inbetween sets.
                        Anyone else like this?
                        PE'ing, the roots of all evil.
                        My Road to gains LOG: https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...ml#post1189441

Comment

I made my own wench today using Velcro's 'One-wrap'. It has the hook on one side and the loop on the other. Both have significantly smaller profile (hooks not as tall, loops not as bushy) and went together really quick. I used 1.5" width for the wrap and 0.5" width for the weight loop (replacing the nylon strap).

I've used straps to fasion a chest harness and small bungees to provide upward tension.

Comment

Originally posted by namsokiek View Post
                            I made my own wench today using Velcro's 'One-wrap'. It has the hook on one side and the loop on the other. Both have significantly smaller profile (hooks not as tall, loops not as bushy) and went together really quick. I used 1.5" width for the wrap and 0.5" width for the weight loop (replacing the nylon strap).

I've used straps to fasion a chest harness and small bungees to provide upward tension.
                            I like the one wrap idea a lot, and also want to try the smaller design. Even a 1" design. The smaller width and profile should make it much easier to tighten and clamp.

Comment

I'm looking to build one of these myself.

I'm based in the UK and finding it hard to find some of the parts, namely cableclamp and industrial strength velcro.

Any other UK-ers here to ive alternative/tip on where to get them?

Comment

Hey Bunford,

You can find all the materials on Amazon.

Clamping.jpg

Also, if you have a wristband (like a cloth workout one) you can use the cable clamps to also do Clamping.

So for under 30 bucks (without the cost of weights) you can have a well used and proved hanger + what you need to clamp.
                                13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Goal
                                10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Goal

B
                                link 2000's Links

Comment

Working...
                                X