Vacu-tech Users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PEWarrior2011 View Post
    ...pumping causes more lymph in the penis which carries more of the cells which repair the microtrauma....
    Could you explain this part a bit more. What cells do you think the lymph is providing the repair process?

Comment

Originally posted by Wantmorebulge View Post
      Could you explain this part a bit more. What cells do you think the lymph is providing the repair process?
      Several, as described in the following:

Wound healing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But ultimately the fibroblast.
      A fibroblast is a type of cell that synthesizes the extracellular matrix and collagen,[1] the structural framework (stroma) for animal tissues, and plays a critical role in wound healing. Fibroblasts are the most common cells of connective tissue in animals.

Fibroblast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PEWarrior2011
      starting 1/1/2003 BPEL 5.75 .... EG 5.25
      plateau 1/26/2006 BPEL 7.00... EG 5.75 gain BPEL +1.25 ... EG +0.5
      restart 9/1/2011 BPEL 6.75 ..... EG 5.5
      current 5/7/2012 BPEL 7.125 .. EG 5.875 gain BPEL +0.375 ... EG +0.3
      routine - daily fulcrum hanging/BTB clamping
      goal - keep gaining

Comment

Originally posted by PEWarrior2011 View Post
        Several, as described in the following:

Wound healing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But ultimately the fibroblast.
        A fibroblast is a type of cell that synthesizes the extracellular matrix and collagen,[1] the structural framework (stroma) for animal tissues, and plays a critical role in wound healing. Fibroblasts are the most common cells of connective tissue in animals.

Fibroblast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PEWarrior2011
        My understanding was that fibroblasts originate from two sources in wound healing - in the adjacent connective tissue to the wound site, and a trace from the vascular system (blood). The majority by far comes from local origins.

A more fundamental question in my mind is how similar is a stretch stimulus is actually to wound healing, as under normal circumstances a mild stretch would not induce separation of the tissues, as seen with a wound. I am also unsure as to how much inflammation is seen either.

In my understanding there is considerable difference between typical wound healing, such as a cut to the skin, after surgery, etc and that of a vascular stretch, which is more similar to what is seen in vascular stiffness studies.

Comment

Wantmorebulge,

On ligament healing, I have read this several times and it is slowly making more sense.

Some of the pictures are worth looking at. It is a little math heavy but Ijust jump past that.

Subfailure damage in ligament: a structural and cellular evaluation

PEWarrior2011
          goal - keep gaining

Comment

PEWarrior2011 - thanks for that. It is an interesting study.

It highlighted the point at which necrosis kicks in - around 5% strain, but this leaves us with some new questions:

1) Is necrosis a requirement of growth? I have assumed that most of the length gains in the Tunica albuginea come from plastic deformation via the stretching out of the collagen fibers and setting of new cross links between them. Whether this is correct is another matter. If it is not fully responsible for the change in length, then there maybe some repair mechanism that occurs when some necrosis happens.

Excessive strain does seem to cause a problem with tissue stiffness, and an accompanying change in the type of collagen synthesized.

2) Assuming that we want to aim for a 5% strain, for us to implement this, we need to know the starting length. Do we use a flaccid hang, stretched length, or what? The only reference point that I can think of is fully stretched, or erect length as a starting point, as beyond this point an increase in load does not yield an increase in length, thus we are looking at the yield point.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...e_Material.png

3) Inflammation is an interesting area. I don't think it is a good thing at all in smooth muscle, and can lead to the smooth muscle behaving in an odd way, leading to conditions such as fibrosis. This is probably made a lot worse if there is sufficient oxygen getting to the tissue, which in turn depends on blood flow.

This was why I was asking in my previous question, as I agree with you that pumping can help recovery, but I think the reason behind it is slightly different.

Comment

Back to the original post. Pumping is a great way to gain girth. I attribute most of my 1/2 inch in girth gains to pumping. Pumping is also a great way to improve EQ. However, it must be done safely and properly or you will end up with lowering your EQ.

You will need to read through the pumping stickies to learn the proper techniques and equipment for safe pumping. In brief, you will need a properly sized thick wall cylinder coupled with a quality pump with vacuum gauge and safety release valve. Never exceed 5 hg and read up on pulse pumping. I have ED, so I followed Avocet8's pumping routine for ED. This routine has you pump for ten minutes, exit and perform 3 Ulis and repeat the sequence two more times. Do this five or six days a week. I personally pump for twenty minutes a day at least six days a week. By the way, pumping is often recommended for post prostate surgery patients to help in their rehabilitation. it is also visually appealing and can generate additional temporary girth to enhance your sexual experience following a safe pumping session.
              Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
              12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
              12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
              01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
              01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
              01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
              Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

It highlighted the point at which necrosis kicks in - around 5% strain, but this leaves us with some new questions:

1) Is necrosis a requirement of growth? I have assumed that most of the length gains in the Tunica albuginea come from plastic deformation via the stretching out of the collagen fibers and setting of new cross links between them. Whether this is correct is another matter. If it is not fully responsible for the change in length, then there maybe some repair mechanism that occurs when some necrosis happens.

In that study, necrosis was measured so the answer is yes. I think that you are correct about the crosslinks as I have read that elsewhere in a very detailed study.

Excessive strain does seem to cause a problem with tissue stiffness, and an accompanying change in the type of collagen synthesized.

2) Assuming that we want to aim for a 5% strain, for us to implement this, we need to know the starting length. Do we use a flaccid hang, stretched length, or what? The only reference point that I can think of is fully stretched, or erect length as a starting point, as beyond this point an increase in load does not yield an increase in length, thus we are looking at the yield point.
                I think stretched length is the starting point. It is interesting to that the LeLuv extender that I bought suggests setting the length at 5% over maginal stretched length.

3) Inflammation is an interesting area. I don't think it is a good thing at all in smooth muscle, and can lead to the smooth muscle behaving in an odd way, leading to conditions such as fibrosis. This is probably made a lot worse if there is sufficient oxygen getting to the tissue, which in turn depends on blood flow.

This was why I was asking in my previous question, as I agree with you that pumping can help recovery, but I think the reason behind it is slightly different.
                I think that you meant to say insuffiencient oxygen.

As far as fibrosis, I have been doing PE so long that if I was creating the conditions for fibrosis I would have surely seen it by now.

PEWarrior2011
                goal - keep gaining

Comment

Working...
                X