Caution about adding the Reverse Kegel to your routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caution about adding the Reverse Kegel to your routine

There is general confusion on many forums as to how the PC and BC muscles work together. The idea arises from thinking that because Kegels simulate holding back urine, that the Reverse Kegels (forcing urine) somehow affects a "balance". Another thing to consider is that, at certain stages of ejaculation, Kegels can actually force ejaculations out instead of holding them back.

The BC muscles (targeted via RKs) are not antagonistic to the PC muscles (targeted via standard Kegels). The idea behind it attempts to conflate these muscles with something like biceps and triceps- which are antagonistic. Even in that case you don't work the biceps to relax the triceps. When working one, you actually engage the other to some degree as a stabilizer that controls the negative portion of each rep of exercise! This leads to MORE work, not less, and it does little to stretch the muscles themselves.

Observe this diagram here to get a better idea of the above: http://peforum.net/pelvis_perineum.jpg

Note the position of the "Bulbospongiosus" (BC) and the "Levator Ani" group (of which the PC is a part of).

If you're already training at a high level, adding unnecessary exercise can cause a training overload. Worse yet, some recommend doing RKs to treat pelvic floor injuries!

The Reverse Kegel can be a useful exercise if your urine stream or ejaculatory force is weak. If this isn't an issue for you then the standard Kegel (especially the advanced variants) should be enough to maintain the ancillary muscles in shape.
    Big Al
    Administrator
    PEGym Editor
    Male Enhancement Coach Rep.
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by Big Al; 08-13-2019, 10:24 AM. Reason: Punctuation
    Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

How few feet can one shoot before ejaculatory force is considered weak?
    06: 7.5 x 5.5
    09: 7.8 x 5.5
    12: 8.0 x 5.6
    08: 8.4 x 5.6
    12: 8.5 x 5.6

Log

Comment

Al, I'm still confused. I've been calling the opposite action to a kegel a reverse kegel but are you saying that a reverse kegel is something else? Possibly what I've always thought of as a 'back' kegel, by which I mean a kegel type exercise with the anus?
      The Newt's Progress

Comment

Ok, first I gotta say that this whole "pelvic balance" thing is a source of never-ending confusion for me. I've been meaning to get around to it, but I never seem to get the hang of anything other than the regular front kegel. In order not to "upset the balance", I've also been careful not to go overboard with these.

One thing I have noticed when going to bed at night, however, is that the anal area feels tight. Blowing into a closed fist does relax the tightness quite a bit... Urine stream and ejaculatory force is quite ok. Have any suggestions for what I should do to alleviate the tightness?
        -- If it ain't rock hard, then it ain't worth doing

Comment

Take it from me guys, dont overload on regular kegels and then jump into a reverse kegel routine. I think i strained my muscle about 9 days ago, and have numbness and an extremely weak erection because of it. Im sure itll heal soon, because i hear strains can take a month to get better, but please dont do what i did. Even temporary, having a numb penis and not be able to achieve erection is horrifying.

Comment

The balance is between tension and relaxation within the pelvic floor muscles . That is both the pc and the bc may have too much tension . They may both require stretching, the reverse kegel is a method of stretching these muscles . The revese kegel is not repeat NOT a kegel of a different muscle . it is the opposite of a flex of the pelvic floor muscles (that is a kegel ) thus it is called a reverse kegel it is a stretch . Amongst physio it is called a pelvic drop . Some yoga practioners talk of reverse root lock which is a reverse back kegel just as they talk of root lock which is back kegel .

So to break this down again because I have made this explanation many times .

Pegym Physio Yoga

Kegel Kegel kegel Flex of the entire pelvic floor
            reverse kegel Pelvic drop Stretch of entire pelvic floor
            Frontkegel fleof the front part of pelvic floor
            reverse front kegel stretch of front part of pelvic floor
            back kegel root lock flex back part of pelvic floor
            reverse back kegel reverse root lock Stretch back part of pelvic floor.
            Pegasus
            Administrator
            PE Gym Editor
            PEGym Hero
            Admin of the Month Mar 2015
            Last edited by Pegasus; 06-06-2016, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Great point Big Al!

I think most people are worried about kegal training causing early ejaculatory issues and try to steer clear of it. I know I did.

BUT...most men just starting PE have such poor pelvic floor strength...that they'd have to do TONS of Kegals for that to contribute to early release.

At least that's was my case. I thought as a long distance runner I've got to be fit in the lower area. Wrong! I've started trying for multiple dry orgasams. And using an App from the App Store for stamina training (omitted name on purpose--though it is great) has helped me realize how weak I am in that area.

It is important to do BOTH...not because on offsets the other....but rather using your bicep/triceps analogy------want big arms then train both.......want to look odd?---then train biceps only.

I've found I can literally Change the mood of my penis during edging and sex by picking which muscle to focus on. I'm not a pro but learning!

I think it is VERY important that if u are training this area to stretch it using the melasana pose (no im not a yoga freak).

I'd venture to say most men omit this from our minds and even most men on these board view Kegals/RK like guys who lift weight look at leg day---"do I have to?!"

Great topic.
              Dec 1, 2015
              BPEL: 6.5
              NBPEL: 6 inches
              EG: 6.25
              November 2016 (1 year of PE)
              BPEL: 7 3/4 inches
              NBPEL: 7 1/4 inches
              MEG: 6.6

Goal Short Term 24mos
              BPEL: 8
              EG: 7

Comment

https://www.pegym.com/forums/prematu...rse-kegel.html

Comment

I am just learning about the whole technicality of this, but years ago from so much edging and kegels and maybe something else that I don't know, I learned that there are 2 muscles. Known today as BC and PC. I can pee while kegeling my PC without stopping the flow because I keep my BC relaxed, I can do both at the same time, or just the BC. I always thought everybody could do the same but apparently most people can only squeeze the whole shit together.

Comment

Originally posted by upsize-me View Post
                    How few feet can one shoot before ejaculatory force is considered weak?
                    That would be a matter of preference, but usually if it's just dribbling out (despite the force of the orgasm) it could indicate you need work in that area.

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by AlpineNewt View Post
                      Al, I'm still confused. I've been calling the opposite action to a kegel a reverse kegel but are you saying that a reverse kegel is something else? Possibly what I've always thought of as a 'back' kegel, by which I mean a kegel type exercise with the anus?
                      Pegasus' post has it covered

Comment

Originally posted by Riley260 View Post
                        Great point Big Al!

I think most people are worried about kegal training causing early ejaculatory issues and try to steer clear of it. I know I did.

BUT...most men just starting PE have such poor pelvic floor strength...that they'd have to do TONS of Kegals for that to contribute to early release.

At least that's was my case. I thought as a long distance runner I've got to be fit in the lower area. Wrong! I've started trying for multiple dry orgasams. And using an App from the App Store for stamina training (omitted name on purpose--though it is great) has helped me realize how weak I am in that area.

It is important to do BOTH...not because on offsets the other....but rather using your bicep/triceps analogy------want big arms then train both.......want to look odd?---then train biceps only.

I've found I can literally Change the mood of my penis during edging and sex by picking which muscle to focus on. I'm not a pro but learning!

I think it is VERY important that if u are training this area to stretch it using the melasana pose (no im not a yoga freak).

I'd venture to say most men omit this from our minds and even most men on these board view Kegals/RK like guys who lift weight look at leg day---"do I have to?!"

Great topic.
                        Great post

One of the worst things one can do is to begin kegeling by using too much contractile force. The safest way to proceed is to begin by using just enough contractile force to accomplish the reps.

First, stamina and general proficiency should be developed. Once a decent number of reps can be performed with the above method, then more force can be added to the reps themselves. This can be accomplished through harder contractions or from performing a weighted kegel- as in the Towel Raise exercise.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackxxx View Post
                          I am just learning about the whole technicality of this, but years ago from so much edging and kegels and maybe something else that I don't know, I learned that there are 2 muscles. Known today as BC and PC. I can pee while kegeling my PC without stopping the flow because I keep my BC relaxed, I can do both at the same time, or just the BC. I always thought everybody could do the same but apparently most people can only squeeze the whole shit together.
                          Accomplishing both forms of kegels simultaneously doesn't sound easy

Comment

Working...
                          X