Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finasteride and PE

Hello all,

I thought this would be a strong topic for this site..Lately, I've been considering getting back on Finasteride..Does anyone have experience with using Finasteride and doing PE? I was considering getting a Finasteride/ Minox topical but that is quite pricey...I'm wondering if anyone here has experienced success with PE while on Finasteride...I'm willing to go the topical route, but it is much easier to simply pop a pill...also, way cheaper...any thoughs?

It has been linked for causing ED. I would do some homework before starting.
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I have been on Finasteride for years. It will shrink your prostate, they say, but if you don't mind losing your ejaculate, no problem. This is one of its side effects. The other: My erections are not nearly as strong as they were 16 years ago.

Comment

Hi,

Topical or oral both have same side effects. The only difference is Topical is 90% less effective and sides takes time to manifest.
        Also to add everyone doesn't get sides. There are studies indicating 5-10% . The side effects are not reversible too.
        If you didn't had sides before you can continue.

Comment

Xerox,

Where are you getting that number? I've read several papers by doctors saying it's nearly as effective with lower incidence of side effects...Yes, some Finasteride goes systemic with the topical application but they claim it only reduces systemic dht serum levels by around 20%, significantly lower than 67-70% for the tablet form...

I was functioning okay with it but my overall sexual health has improved since quitting...Although, I quit a month before starting PE...The reason for avoiding Finasteride internally is obvious...DHT is needed for PE...

Comment

Red light therapy has been studied for baldness. I have many units for other issues, I staqted it for baldness but had to stop because it was causes issues with my other neuro conditions. I am very sensitive to everything. 99.9% of people have no issues with red light to the scalp.

I would try red light therapy before drugs that have been linked to long term erectile problems. However, I am slowly goind bald and am perfeclty happy and OK with it. There are SO MANY other things that you can spend time and effort on to improve your life.

1. Try red light therapy for hair
            2. Talk to someone/re-think the importance and value of having hair vs the risk of trying to keep it.

Good luck

Comment

Yes, I hear that and I quit for that reason...The idea of topical Fin intrigued me and I actually own a few laser devices...I use Minoxidil as well but nothing beats the Fin Min combo...

Comment

Originally posted by Alwaysbbetter View Post
                Yes, I hear that and I quit for that reason...The idea of topical Fin intrigued me and I actually own a few laser devices...I use Minoxidil as well but nothing beats the Fin Min combo...
                which devices have you used? for how long?
                closed278
                Last edited by closed278; 05-06-2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I used the original hairmax laser comb, which is a complete waste. Later, I used the Theradome laser helmet for about two years...At first I thought it was helping but as a stand alone it was not enough...A few years later I purchased the hairmax laserband, which is much better than their combs with 82 diodes, but still probably under powered..I have not really been compliant with that...Honestly, I feel like I was always behind the times with each of those purchases..If I could do it over I would probably get the Capillus cap..seems like it's the best home treatment..

Comment

Im guessing you went to the doctor about balding and he put you on this. Whats your diet like. do you eat high amounts of spinach, brocolli and kale? alot of people only get minimal amounts comparable to lettuce on a burger. Theres also almonds, brazil nuts, and walnuts. A good essential oil is pepper mint oil, there are others too but this one increases circulation good. Try the infared cap. I would avoid the dht blocker

Comment

I used the original hairmax laser comb, which is a complete waste. Later, I used the Theradome laser helmet for about two years...At first I thought it was helping but as a stand alone it was not enough...A few years later I purchased the hairmax laserband, which is much better than their combs with 82 diodes, but still probably under powered..I have not really been compliant with that...Honestly, I feel like I was always behind the times with each of those purchases..If I could do it over I would probably get the Capillus cap..seems like it's the best home treatment..
                      Instead try microneedling .
                      I microneedle every week 1.5mm
                      minox and ketoconazole shampoo.
                      zero0x
                      Member of the Month May 2020
                      Last edited by zero0x; 05-07-2020, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Xerox,

Where are you getting that number? I've read several papers by doctors saying it's nearly as effective with lower incidence of side effects...Yes, some Finasteride goes systemic with the topical application but they claim it only reduces systemic dht serum levels by around 20%, significantly lower than 67-70% for the tablet form...

I was functioning okay with it but my overall sexual health has improved since quitting...Although, I quit a month before starting PE...The reason for avoiding Finasteride internally is obvious...DHT is needed for PE...
                        Someone on reddit posted those numbers.

Sadly most of the research is anecdotal. It may work good for some people and worse for other group. I think your case its a placebo effect. If there are any sides people take months to recover.

Depends on your hairloss scale you can still maintain it.

Comment

Do we have any idea how much dht is needed for maintaining penile tissue? Finasteride only reduces dht by around 65-70%...Hence, there us still roughly 30% of your dht circulating. I considered Fin every other day as the effects would be close to that of taking it everyday..Could I function...sure..Did I start a bit slower yes...was I as healthy as today..no...I haven't done both Fin and PE together...I will say that from a compliance stand point oral fin is much easier and cheaper for that matter..

Comment

Here's the hard truth about laser hair devices, they need a clear line of sight to your scalp, if you have hair it blocks the light from rteaching it.

If a person has exposed scalp, they treat with laser for 6 months, the scalp will get all the treatment and any growth that can happen will.
                            If a person is thinning and has long hair, the hair can block almost all the light from reaching the scalp and you will keep on thinning out.

The best way to use it is to shave your hair short, like almost all the way down, and treat the scalp for a while.

Comment

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30706177/

Comment

Working...
                              X