No announcement yet.

how thick is your fat pad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how could really know if your overweight about it?

Comment

I am 6ft tall and weigh 235lbs, I am in the process of getting back into shape, the shitty thing is my fat pad is huge, currently around 1.5 inches.. My bpel is between 7.5 - 8 inches pre pe, and my nbp is 6.5 or so.. my first goal is to get my fat pad under an inch.. :S
      Time to put in the work to reach my goals

"The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our goals too high and falling short, but rather in setting our goals too low, and achieving them..." MBG...

Comment

My fat pad is .5-.75 inches. I'm young and not overweight, and I do cardio and lifting. Unfortunately, any fat that I do have tends to go on my abs, particularly the lower ones. However, I've been working that off, and a note on the six pack thing, I do have one, but my abdominal muscles themselves are actually staggered so they don't line up evenly. Kinda of annoying, but unique as well.
        200 degrees... That's why they call me Mr. Fahrenheit.

Current Stats:
        NBPEL: 6.5"
        BPEL: 7.1"
        EG: 5"

Goal for 7/1/12:
        NBPEL: 7"
        BPEL: 7.5"
        EG: anything over 5"

Comment

How do you even measure the fat pad?
          "Todays preparation determines tomorrow's achievement."

Comment

I'm could stand to lose five founds. I have four of six abs showing while flexed. My fat pad is still .4-.5". I really don't think it will get much less. I think God (or evolution or whatever) put it there for safety and comfort while procreating. Seriously. It's like the fat that pad your organs. It's just supposed to be there, no matter what. ...Just my opinion.
            8-1-10 11-1-11
            BPEL - 6.125" 8.25"
            BPSFL - 6.562" 8.25"
            MEG - 4.75" >5.25"
            NBPEL - 5.75" 7.5"
            BEG - 5.5"+ 5.75"

Comment

Im not overweight but Id like to lose 20lbs and be shredded. Starting 3 days in to work towards that. But my fat pad is disproportionately big. And to top it off I turtle really bad and often. So I am a big time grower...no show at all....lol. If losing weight does not work to reduce it Im going to get some injectible helios. Its used in body building for fat loss and focuses in the area you inject so its a spot fat burner and literally melts fat in that area.

I dont know how thick but Id guess at least 1 1/2 inches thick maybe more.

Comment

"If losing weight does not work to reduce it"

Losing weight reduces it. I know that from my own personal experience.

You just can't "spot reduce it", I think spot reduction in general is a complete myth. For example, situps don't give you a six pack, cardio & diet give you a 6 pack, the sit-ups only slightly enhance .

There are limitations, but I know you can get it pretty thin if you lose enough weight. Yes, its genetic, whatever, but if you get really lean (sub 5% body-fat for example), I know you wont have much there.
                My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

I agree with blink.

You cant spot reduce anything thru targeting exercise except with chemical help and the only 2 that I know of that actually spot reduce are injectible helios and HGH. Not advocating their use just giving examples.

Everyone has a 6 pack....hell even a 10 pack but you cant see it thru fat. My 7 year old is phenominally muscular. He doesnt weight lift but he is very lean and athletic....you should see him kickbox....lol.

You lose bodyfat overall not in spots but some people lose and gain differently. Me for example my legs, arms, shoulders and upper chest can be chiseled and veiny but I have a rolly belly, love handles and my fat pad. Always the last places I lose fat and first place I gain it.

Lol....finally I can offer something. All I have is questions about PE but body building, diet, exercise, steroids or research chemicals and I can offer some advice.

Comment

Working...
                  X