Girth is Temporary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girth is Temporary

So, I have been reading nearly tons of information across Cheeky Cherries, *************, PE Gym, and Matters of Size and the main thing that I have found rather consistent: girth gains are temporary.

I have read accounts of people losing over an inch in girth from taking an extended break (months to year off). Now, to me this says that girth gains are due primarily to edema because if the corpora cavernosa were truly expanded after months/years of PE then it would retain its shape. However, from what I have read this is not the case. I am finding that most girth goes away, so what does possibilities does that tell us about girth gains? It can't be muscular atrophy because the smooth muscle in the penis is not going to build the same as the muscle in your bicep. My guess would be edema... If anyone can refute this with their own experience please let me know how long you took off and still retained your girth gains. My primary interest is girth gains.

What exactly do you mean by temporary? Penis size isn't constant, it varies with age. Point being, you cannot to expect to have the 'same' of anything in your body unless you maintain it somehow. I have heard of the theory that you are mentioning, but I have never heard of any cases that have reported it.

-UYN-
    19/04/2011
    FG: 4.25" +0.45
    FL: 5.19" +0.69
    EG: 4.75" +0.45
    BPFSL: 7.69" +1.58
    NBPEL: 7.25" +1.19
    BPEL: 7.677"+1.757

Comment

You must maintain both girth and length.
      And girth is probably the easiest part to maintain. Let's say that you start to clamp and gained a total of 0.5" girth.
      Now you want to maintain the girth. All you have to do is to clamp 3 times a week.

Clamping feels so good, that you want to do it every day..
      Log
      Measurements (Current):
      BPEL: 7.25"
      HG: ~6.25"|MEG:6.25"|Low shaft EG:6.5"|BG: 7"

Comment

Originally posted by UYN View Post
        What exactly do you mean by temporary? Penis size isn't constant, it varies with age. Point being, you cannot to expect to have the 'same' of anything in your body unless you maintain it somehow. I have heard of the theory that you are mentioning, but I have never heard of any cases that have reported it.

-UYN-
        I totally agree. PE is never 'permanent' - there is always the need for maintenance.
        Old Gym Log - Tracking progress with the iLogPE App
        "Wherever you go, there you are. Stay sexy, my friends."

Comment

Surely once you have achieved your desired size you will want to do everything within your power to keep it. So why do guys think of maintenance as a hassle ? I mean co'mon ... 3 sessions a week or the shower routine aint gonna take up too much valuble time is it ?
          Starting stats : BPEL 6.25" NBPEL 5.6" EG 4.8"
          Current stats : BPEL 7" NBPEL 6.25" EG 5"
          Main Goal : BPEL 7.5" NBPEL 6.75" EG 5.5"

Comment

It appears the consensus is a maintenance routine is required to keep gains. The question now is why? Outside of edema, what other mechanisms can you guys think of that are increasing girth? Could the principle mechanism be temporary expansion of the corpora cavernosa? One would think that over time those tissues would remain in their stretched position permanently.

Comment

Blink and I had a brief discussion on this in another thread. My theory was that in order to achieve permanent results at a certain size, you had to actually exceed your stated goal to compensate for the body's natural inclination to regress. I used the example of a rubber band or a balloon; if you stretch it to the exact point you want it, it will always regress or retract to a lower size, although it may be much bigger than the initial starting size. But if you expanded it well beyond the stated goal, when it did retract, it would be at or slightly larger than the actual goal desired.

I believe this to be true in PE as well. If you exceed your goal, the levelnof effort needed for maintenance would decrease based on how far you exceed your goal. If you just meet the goal, then more maintenace work would be required to maintain. But if the goal were exceeded, the maintenance routine could be scaled back.

That's my theory anyway .... and I'm stickin' to it

Comment

Additionally, you will need to go into a more full fledged routine from time to time ...

Comment

i agree with gettinthereok sounds like a pretty good theory to me too and it makes sense

Comment

Sure you will lose some with years off, but not all you keep atleast 90% of the gains. The same thing could be argue about a man who doesn't PE and who over the years becomes less and less sexually active, he would lose some of his size also. I honestly believe what you lose and gain is different for everybody. I haven't jelqed in over a year, lost a few centimeters in length not too huge a deal.

Comment

I just think of it like lifting. You want to keep those muscles... you keep lifting.
                      Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                      Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                      Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                      http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

This makes logical sense to me too GettinThereOK, BUT why do some people lose over an inch in girth after extended breaks. You would think over an inch in girth would stretch the tissues enough for them to not fully rebound after a break, especially if this state was maintained for months. If you need me to post examples I can. Braindrain on ************* is a perfect example, he made massive girth gains, but lost them all when he took an extended break.

We all know that edema is temporary and is present at least in some degree following a PE exercise or a pumping routine. To me the simplest explanation is edema (Occam's Razor). Obviously, I don't want that to be true... So, how else can we explain this and how can we make cementing a science.

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
                          I just think of it like lifting. You want to keep those muscles... you keep lifting.
                          And there it is ....

Comment

I understand that maintenance is required. The question is WHY?
                            We are not significantly increasing the smooth muscle. The weight lifting analogy can be applied functionally to keeping the girth, but can't really be used to explain the biology of the mechanism of the increased girth.

Comment

Originally posted by Johndoe View Post
                              This makes logical sense to me too GettinThereOK, BUT why do some people lose over an inch in girth after extended breaks. You would think over an inch in girth would stretch the tissues enough for them to not fully rebound after a break, especially if this state was maintained for months. If you need me to post examples I can. Braindrain on ************* is a perfect example, he made massive girth gains, but lost them all when he took an extended break.

We all know that edema is temporary and is present at least in some degree following a PE exercise or a pumping routine. To me the simplest explanation is edema (Occam's Razor). Obviously, I don't want that to be true... So, how else can we explain this and how can we make cementing a science.
                              Very true ... but those loses could also be attributed to the way the pumping was done. If the guy was pumping for show, there's a difference in how one would pump for perm gains (I'll go more into that in the current article I'm working on). Edema is a big part of pumping but can also lead to false positives - when girth loss is that much, I agree with you that the fluid buildup was the primary reason for the big gains, and therefore not real gains at all.

Originally posted by Johndoe View Post
                              I understand that maintenance is required. The question is WHY?
                              We are not significantly increasing the smooth muscle. The weight lifting analogy can be applied functionally to keeping the girth, but can't really be used to explain the biology of the mechanism of the increased girth.
                              Cementing comes in when the pumping is coupled with a good manual girth routine - you won't get there with pumping alone.

Comment

Working...
                              X