Thicker Penis= Stumpy Visual Effect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thicker Penis= Stumpy Visual Effect?

I just wanted to here from the rest of you guys, whilst PEing did you notice that once you put more emphasis on Girth, did you notice that your penis appeared shorter purely from a visual standpoint, whether it was 6, 7 or 8 inches? Just wanted to get PEgyms opinion on the visual effect that PEing can have, as well as the foreshortening effect that follows.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered"- Julius Cesear

Yes, the fatter it got the shorter it seemed even though it topped 8" and girth was 6.25"

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Yeah I can definantly see that happening. Especially if your 5 or 6 inches BPEL I can see how it would give the illusion of being really short. I have the same illusion with my body as a whole, at nearly 6 feet tall Im statiscally 100 lbs overweight, with longish legs, but from a distance I look shorter like 5'8 or 5'9" lol

Comment

My dick has looked smaller while fully erect lately. I think I may be gaining girth.
        I have also noticed that my dick still looks shorter and fatter. Even though I have put on an inch in length and half inch in girth. Still looks shorter and fat. Also my eyes being stupid I guess.
        Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
        Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
        Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
        http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

I agree 100%. My girlfriend thought I was really short (penis-wise) when we first started having sex. Also, I have a sharp upward curve midway up that makes me look even shorter. She was confused by how far back I could reach, and she told me, "Your thickness really hides how long you are."

That being said, the reverse is true as well: a thinner, straighter shaft does appear to make you look longer than you are.
          My Progress Log: https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...gress-log.html

Comment

I think I can help shed some light here.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/784/735qg.jpg

Longer (6.5") and skinny (4.5"). Looks bigger then it is. The reverse must be true.

Comment

Thats interesting itguy, I noticed the same thing as well, you and I have similar starting stats, and when I took my pic erect for the first time, it gave the illusion that I was bigger lol

Comment

I dont mind it, I welcome the girthiness! Might be visually not what we want but the ruler don't lie!
                I'm a lean mean PE'ing machine!

Comment

As someone with a starting stat of 6 x 6 I can tell you guys that my girth makes my penis look remarkably shorter...so disproportionate. Ill fix that soon though...
                  STATS:
                  Start (Aug '10) -- BPEL 6" x 6" -- BPFSL 5.75" x 3.5"

GOAL:
                  BPEL 7.5" x 6.5"
                  :rolleyes:

Comment

At
                    Originally posted by wolfmesser View Post
                    Thats interesting itguy, I noticed the same thing as well, you and I have similar starting stats, and when I took my pic erect for the first time, it gave the illusion that I was bigger lol
                    at this point, I'm scarr
                    ed that adding girth will make my pe.nis look smaller

Comment

I am the opposite. I feel the added girth, about 1/2 inch the past 4 months at the base has added to the look of my length, which has not changed. Midshaft and glans girth has not changed much though.
                      My progress notes

Goal: approx 7.25 EL x 5.7 EG - Length for me, Girth for her:biggrin1:

Comment

Originally posted by kingpole View Post
                        Yes, the fatter it got the shorter it seemed even though it topped 8" and girth was 6.25"
                        It's interesting that you used the word "seemed" here KP. Did you ever take pics of it then? The pics might have given you a whole different perspective. I do tend to agree with you that the harder and thicker my erection the shorter it seems to me. I think this is true if I'm standing up, but not if I"m lying down. But then again, my dick is sticking out at a different angle. Man, this is complicated when I think about it.

Comment

We have all been to the Visualizer website. I plugged in a 6 1/2" unit with girth at 5", then compared it to a 6 1/2" unit with 6" of girth. The pic of the two frontal images clearly makes it appear that the thinner guy is longer by a lot.
                          FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
                          The Ultimate V (The UV)
                          Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                          Heated Bundled LAS
                          Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

I noticed that guys with a downward curve seem visually larger. I have an upward curve. But if I get fully erect, then kinda force it to bend down I instantly look huge. Its weird. Don't know if anyone else can relate or not.
                            8-1-10 11-1-11
                            BPEL - 6.125" 8.25"
                            BPSFL - 6.562" 8.25"
                            MEG - 4.75" >5.25"
                            NBPEL - 5.75" 7.5"
                            BEG - 5.5"+ 5.75"

Comment

I agree completly, im 7 5/8" length and 5.75" girth and i feel my penis doesn't look that long, someone who is skinnier with maby the same or slightly longer length of 8" looks a lot longer than me!

Comment

Working...
                              X