What? 33% of men have girth of 5.25"...no way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What? 33% of men have girth of 5.25"...no way

I realize its an old study...based on 5000 guys back in 2003, but it claims 33% of men reported a girth of 5.25".

5.25" is not small by any stretch of the imagination and I really didn't think it was average. I am 5.25 at the base, and 5" midshaft/head...but damn my wife thinks I am thick at times, and I consider myself endowed (almost 8" long).

http://www.the-penis.com/size1.html

I thought the length chart seemed correct though.

Thoughts?
    kingpole
    Retired Moderator
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by kingpole; 11-29-2010, 05:27 PM.

Think of it this way, from 4.75-5.25" there were the most men. Plus, I'm fairly certain that was self reported, therefore people tend to round up a bit.
    Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
    Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
    Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
    http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

It sounds fair, if not too small. If you are thicker than 5.25" you are thicker than 83% of the men out there.
      Sounds reasonable actually.
      Log
      Measurements (Current):
      BPEL: 7.25"
      HG: ~6.25"|MEG:6.25"|Low shaft EG:6.5"|BG: 7"

Comment

Originally posted by Gyrta View Post
        It sounds fair, if not too small. If you are thicker than 5.25" you are thicker than 83% of the men out there.
        Cool! At a mid-shaft girth of 5.5 ish, I thought I was just a bit above average. I knew I was pretty damn long, but I'd never thought of myself as having an especially thick cock.

That stat's made my day.

Comment

The way your dick looks is always distorted depending on your stats.
          My 7.5-7.6" NBPEL looks smaller because I'm around 5.5-5.6" MSEG.
          Someone with a 6x6 dick is gonna think they are small, when in fact that's really big (overall). Someone with a 5x3" will look WAY longer because of it.
          Girth makes your dick looks shorter while length makes it look thinner. Too bad it seems like length doesn't add length (according to our eyes) but it takes away from girth. Same thing with girth gains, they make your dick look shorter, rather than thicker.
          DAMN EYES!
          Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
          Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
          Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
          http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

There seems to be a few extra large ones in this (internet?) survey,overall no too bad though.

Comment

If you compare this data to the Lifestyles condom survey data, the cumulative girth percentages are a few percentile points higher in this survey. That isn't too surprising since this is certainly self-reported data subject to at least a bit of exaggeration and the occasional outright fabricator. Also, this data probably reflects maximum girth measurements (I suspect most guys would measure at the thickest place), whereas it has been said that the Lifestyles girth measurements were averages.

But the data on both length and girth are not that far off from the Lifestyles data from the Cancun study, and the fact that they are so close gives some additional support to that study as being reflective of true norms for adult males, at least north American ones.

Comment

Originally posted by redbear52 View Post
                If you compare this data to the Lifestyles condom survey data, the cumulative girth percentages are a few percentile points higher in this survey. That isn't too surprising since this is certainly self-reported data subject to at least a bit of exaggeration and the occasional outright fabricator. Also, this data probably reflects maximum girth measurements (I suspect most guys would measure at the thickest place), whereas it has been said that the Lifestyles girth measurements were averages.

But the data on both length and girth are not that far off from the Lifestyles data from the Cancun study, and the fact that they are so close gives some additional support to that study as being reflective of true norms for adult males, at least north American ones.
                Self-measure and incorrectly EG measure !
                http://wiki.*************.org/wiki/Image:Kinsey-report-penis-girth.jpg
                Octobar, 2010:
                BPEL: 8.25"
                MSEG: 6.35"

Short Goal ( 01/02/2011 ) :
                BPEL: 8.65"
                MSEG: 6.75"

Long Goal :
                BPEL: 9.00"
                MSEG: 7.00"

Comment

The Kinsey survey was also the result of self-measured and self-reported data, and the instructions were to measure erect girth at mid-shaft.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.

Comment

How about the Masters and Johnson study, or was that just about sexual mores?

Comment

Originally posted by redbear52 View Post
                      The Kinsey survey was also the result of self-measured and self-reported data, and the instructions were to measure erect girth at mid-shaft.

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.
                      How many people measure MSEG ?
                      Kinsey survey is self-reported !
                      Octobar, 2010:
                      BPEL: 8.25"
                      MSEG: 6.35"

Short Goal ( 01/02/2011 ) :
                      BPEL: 8.65"
                      MSEG: 6.75"

Long Goal :
                      BPEL: 9.00"
                      MSEG: 7.00"

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
                        Someone with a 6x6 dick is gonna think they are small, when in fact that's really big (overall). Someone with a 5x3" will look WAY longer because of it.
                        Girth makes your dick looks shorter while length makes it look thinner. Too bad it seems like length doesn't add length (according to our eyes) but it takes away from girth. Same thing with girth gains, they make your dick look shorter, rather than thicker.
                        DAMN EYES!
                        Damn eyes is right!!! I've been with guys who are the same length as me but look MUCH longer because they have substantially less girth. The visualiser makes the point obvious.

Also, does anyone else think it is weird how different guys are thick in different places? I don't know if other girls/gay/bi have had this experience but, most guys I've been with are thicker mid-shaft or perfectly even; there were a few where the head was bigger (baseball bat effect)...VERY few were substantially thicker at the base (Tapered effect) -- I fall into the latter category (6.25" at base, 5.5" at mid shaft, 5" at head).

Regardless, these stats are SO dependent on: 1) how guys measure; 2) how accurately they measure; and 3) where they measure. Just a guess, but I would think that most guys would put down their thickest measurement, even if it was measured in the "wrong" location.
                        STATS:
                        Start (Aug '10) -- BPEL 6" x 6" -- BPFSL 5.75" x 3.5"

GOAL:
                        BPEL 7.5" x 6.5"
                        :rolleyes:

Comment

I know with the exercise and supplements that the girth seems to come easier for me than the length.
                          NoseyBailey:rolleyes:

Comment

Can't read too much into these things, but a third of blokes over 5.25 sounds about right to me. I thought it might be a bit higher actually, i must admit i'm quite happy its not!
                            ErictheGed
                            Last edited by ErictheGed; 11-30-2010, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
                              amen

Comment

Working...
                              X