Difference between jelqing and masturbating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between jelqing and masturbating

From what I am reading, there seems to be no difference between jelqing and masturbating-exception, with jelqing one does not bring himself to climax ( very frustrating I would think) Jelqing, I believe is stretching the skin. How do men ever expect to have a hard erection with flappy skin? Please explain?
    Consciousness and intention matter here.

You are sure you aren't confusing masturbation with edging, with bascially is the same thing, but while edging one tries to reach the point of climax and then backs off. This is done as an endurance exercise and should be done for as long as one can/would like to do.

As for jelqing, if I boil it down pretty much it is basically where one shoved the blood towards the glans by a milking motion. This breaks down the cells in the penile tissue, and lets them repair themselves which in turn makes them increase in number, thus doing so after a long period of time will make the entire penis larger. (Think of it the same way as the woman that grow those long necks, or why athletes have bigger organs). I hope this was a relative OK explanation.

-UYN-
    19/04/2011
    FG: 4.25" +0.45
    FL: 5.19" +0.69
    EG: 4.75" +0.45
    BPFSL: 7.69" +1.58
    NBPEL: 7.25" +1.19
    BPEL: 7.677"+1.757

Comment

when you jelque your main objective is to push blood9 (slow or fast) through your penis in a volume greater than the normal to expand the penile tissue and cells. To me it actually doesnt feel anything like masturbation. there are descriptions of how to perform it in the beginner routines, look through the stickys in the beginners forums. Hope that helps Sweetie
      Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Why not enhance the muscle by having sex-or masturbating. Wouldn't that keep you in shape and a good size?

Comment

In shape yes, but it doesn't increase size as it doesn't break down the tissue cells which in turn make them repair and reproduce in some form of mitosis(a bit blurry about the theory, long time since I read through it all). Because if sex or masturbation increased size, men wouldn't be touching their penises all that much in fear of it growing too big.

-UYN-
          19/04/2011
          FG: 4.25" +0.45
          FL: 5.19" +0.69
          EG: 4.75" +0.45
          BPFSL: 7.69" +1.58
          NBPEL: 7.25" +1.19
          BPEL: 7.677"+1.757

Comment

Mitosis-wouldn't that increase the chances of cells mutating with a defect-especially as one gets older

Comment

UYN has explained it well enough ! I can't see how jelqing is similar to sex or masturbation. If necessary go and read a guide on how to jelq, you will see that the exercise involves a grip at the base of the penis which moves towards the head of the penis. Masturbation is more often than not the opposite way round where as you move from the head of the penis to the base. An important factor to take into consideration is that you should not be jelqing anywhere near 100% erection level.
              Most guys are here to increase the size of their penis and this is not possible through frequent erections alone, however having sex/masturbation will help maintain size in the future.
              Starting stats : BPEL 6.25" NBPEL 5.6" EG 4.8"
              Current stats : BPEL 7" NBPEL 6.25" EG 5"
              Main Goal : BPEL 7.5" NBPEL 6.75" EG 5.5"

Comment

Compare it to this.
                Edging/Balooning/Masurbation or sex is like cardio. Keeps it healthy.
                Jelqing and other exercises are more like lifting/weight training.

Not really the same thing, but a nice way to look at it.
                Starting Size (09/2009): ~7"BPEL x ~5" MSEG
                Most Recent Measurement (08/13/2012): 8"BPEL x 5.5"MSEG
                Final Goal: When I'm told to stop.
                http://www.towelaroundtheworld.com/#/us

Comment

Jelqing is a much more refined and intense motion- More structured than masturbating and more pressure used.

There is little pleasure in that way when jelqing (at least for me), unlike masturbation which is all good.

Comment

If you masturbate with only your thumb and index finger, or with two fingers in the shape of a V, it takes you 3-5 seconds or even more to go from the base to the glans, and you're pushing blood throughout the penis...then yes, masturbating is like jelqing.

Kind of like how pumping is like having a blow job, because something round goes over your junk and sucks.

Comment

I've often described jelqing as like masturbating, but it really is totally different. To masturbate, you normally have to reach a full erection. Jelqing while fully erect can cause injury. I never jelqed at more than 30 % to 50 % erect.

I agree that edging is more like masturbating, except that again, the goal is not to ejaculate.

Masturbation is quite a different story. My wife can play with my cock and if I don't "pop," she can give me what I call full body orgasms. I don't come, but my orgasms can last for a minute or more and I feel them pretty much all over my lower body--my legs, my butt, my groin, etc.

Masturbation is a solitary, lonely activity. I hate to even use the word "masturbation."

Comment

What he said ^

Comment

In the video on this site it does look a lot like he is masturbating. His strokes are fast enough for it, and he would be beating off if he added his other fingers. In addition, if you don't keep your unit well oiled while doing them, if you do a lot of strokes, I could see where you would get a similar feeling. Finally, many noobies complain of getting too hard when jelqing, which of course adds to your original view. Done correctly however, slow strokes, steady pressure, etc., I do not feel in any way that it is masturbation at all. As for sex being good enough, it is good enough to keep your unit healthier than if you didn't have sex, but it won't make it grow larger by itself. Neither would masturbating be a bad thing for penile health, just not for making it larger.
                          FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
                          The Ultimate V (The UV)
                          Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                          Heated Bundled LAS
                          Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Originally posted by NP97 View Post
                            Compare it to this.
                            Edging/Balooning/Masurbation or sex is like cardio. Keeps it healthy.
                            Jelqing and other exercises are more like lifting/weight training.

Not really the same thing, but a nice way to look at it.
                            Nice analogy, I like that.
                            Vulcan
                            7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
                            5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

Working...
                            X