Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do people feel about masturbating before sex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vulcan View Post
    It is something of a myth that all guys need to masturbate immediately before sex.

Even for young men, this can often be a mistake & lead to bouts of performance related ED which otherwise would not have happened if the person had not masturbated before the anticipated sex.
    Just to be clear, I didn't say do or don't.

Comment

Originally posted by mistydawn View Post
      Just to be clear, I didn't say do or don't.
      Point taken & it's a bit unfair of me to use your first quote, as you were kind of saying it 'off the cuff' and I have seized on it.

But society, the media & people in general all talk about male libido as if it is 100% predictable & never an issue. Male libido gets simplified almost to the point of caricature.

When in reality a man's desire can come & go to do with things like stress & illness. Men are not as simplistic as all that.
      Vulcan
      7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
      5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

Men are not as simplistic as all that.
        I have found men to be quite simplistic. Women are complicated.

Comment

I'm still one of those guys who can go hours upon hours (delayed ejaculation) and i would NEVER do anything that jeopardized me from climaxing any sooner than absolutely possible.

I never understood the reason someone would purposely try to ejaculate before having sex... ಠ_ಠ

Comment

What guy isn't hot for pussy even if they masturbated before?
            There's more to it than that. Believe it or not, guys aren't equally horny all the time, day or night, rain or shine, and if you've very recently ejaculated then obviously this is going to take the edge off your sex drive. It's like snacking before a meal, right? And even if you're mentally still really turned on, your body is going to be less responsive and there's a much greater chance of either not being able to stay hard, or not being able to come.

I suppose some women want quickies or sex that doesn't last long. If you are bad or they don't like you, they want it over quick. If you are good, they want to go longer.
            Thing is, you're automatically assuming that quick sex = bad sex and lengthy sex = good sex. Now it's obviously good for a guy to be able to keep going for a long time if he and his partner want to, but women - again, in my experience - often enjoy a quicky. Not always, or even most times, but sometimes. It makes them feel desired and sexy. And it's all to do with balance, because it balances out with the times when both partners pay attention to her pleasure, and she calls the shots and tells him what she wants him to do.

Years ago when I was in my first proper long-term relationship I would keep fucking for hours and hours and hours and often couldn't finish at all other than with manual help (a problem which, thankfully, I've long since sorted out). Sounds great, right? Exept it wasn't; I'd get tired and frustrated, she'd get sore (she was rather petite and I'm not small) and, I'm sure, start to worry about how attractive I found her. Which was horrible, because she was gorgeous and I loved her - in fact it was largely thanks to her support and patience, as well as yohimbe, that I got over that particular problem.

Trust me, being able to fuck for ever and a day without coming is not all it's cracked up to be. You like it when your partner comes, don't you? Women generally do, in my experience.

II feel bad for virgins that marry and only know short/bad sex. I watched a documentary about pre-E and the wife had been a virgin and only knew PE sex. Then at after 40 the husband was seeking help. At that point, why? Men are still horny but are not able to go at it like in their 20's. The woman's drive is already down, or starting to go down. That poor wife. I felt bad for her.
            I can't comment on that, I think getting married while still a virgin is a catastrophically bad idea for anyone, female or male.

But society, the media & people in general all talk about male libido as if it is 100% predictable & never an issue. Male libido gets simplified almost to the point of caricature.

When in reality a man's desire can come & go to do with things like stress & illness. Men are not as simplistic as all that.
            Absolutely right. Women assume the male sex drive has an "on/off" switch because, you know, everyone knows men are 'simple'. It's just an old stereotype and, unlike some stereotypes, I don't think there's a lot of truth in it. Or at any rate, cultural expectations are so deeply wound up with biological reality that it's hard to distinguish them. I could just as well say "women are shallow" because some women I know obsessively collect shoes. Doesn't make it anything other than a cliche you might expect to hear from a third-rate observational comedian.
            Ivor
            Last edited by Ivor; 09-24-2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

I get desires about 3 or so times a day, and every time it feels great, maybe the 5th or 6th time in a day and it starts to feel less good.

Comment

Put it this way, Misty - personal question, but hey, people come here to discuss their genitals, so - if you've just masturbated to orgasm, do you generally feel more like having sex straight afterwards, less like it, or about the same? That's a genuine quesion. Bear in mind that men have a refractory period, and, especially as we get older, it takes longer to 'recharge' after each ejaculation. I'm pretty lucky in that I can recharge quite quickly, but I'm still young (ish) and a lot of guys here are 20 or 30 years older than me. A man in late middle age might realistically only be able to ejaculate once in 24 hours. Now I know the "wank before you get laid" thing is intended as "advice" mainly for younger men, but I still think it's a terrible idea. For one thing, it actually feels amazing (and noticeably different) when ejaculating several days' worth of semen. It makes a visible* difference in the volume, too, and IME women like it when a guy comes a lot. There's a sense of "I made him do this? Awesome!".

*Edit: in fact when I come inside my girlfriend after several days' abstinence, especially if I've been edging and/or eating celery, taking supplements etc., she can really feel the enhanced volume and she loves it. Much better than the little squirt you're going to get if it's the second time you've ejactulated in a few hours.
                Ivor
                Last edited by Ivor; 09-22-2011, 12:26 PM.

Comment

I have found men to be quite simplistic. Women are complicated.
                  My dear that is probably the only word that has never been tossed my way! Me simplistic? Ask around; I'm sure you won't find a guy on this forum, or lady for that matter, that would use that term about me.Us men are as complicated, if not more so than you ladies; you just see it from a different point of view.
                  The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

If men were simple we wouldn't need this website!

Comment

Very good BW. I would give you a rep for that but you made me into a chocolate bar!
                      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Batwoman View Post
                        If men were simple we wouldn't need this website!
                        Hahaha, that is *such* a good answer!

If only, eh...?

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/penises.png

Comment

Working...
                        X