Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just figured out I was measuring length wrong. I think others on this site might be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just figured out I was measuring length wrong. I think others on this site might be

to.

This gave me an extra 3/4ths that I thought I had.

I only figured out it was wrong after I took a camera to take a picture of my dick next to a ruler.

I thought I was 9 inches BPEL but with the camera taking a picture of it with a ruler it was just barely at the 8 inch mark with a full bone press. Now keep in mind that when I first bone pressed I had about a quarter inch more room and by the time I took and snapped the pic I lost about a quarter inch.

But still thats a huge difference to think that you have and then lose.

What caused this? Perspective and point of view from where I am viewing the ruler.

See from my own personal point of view, I would lean foward this way I can see the head and where it ends at the ruler and look down at it from a certain angle. Doing this puts me just barely at the 9 inch mark.

But with a camera I had to hold the ruler, press down on my dick and then bone press the ruler then I put the camera from an angle towards my stomach and aimmed it back a little bit. I was at 7 and 15/16ths inch mark or 8 inch mark in the pics.

Also another thing I noticed but my fatpad on camera measured bigger then it should, I thought my fatpad was .6 or .7 inches but on camera it was more like .8 inches as they're was hardly any marks visible before the 1 inch mark from where the ruler started.

I thought I was 8.25 or so inches NBPEL but with a camera i'm around 7.25- 7.5 inches nbpel at best.

If you have never taken a picture of your cock with a ruler with a camera you probably do not know your true size. IMO this is why we are surprised by penis size studies. Because if they say the average is only 5.5 inches ( which I found hard to believe ) a guy who is 5.5 inches measured by someone else from there perspective could be 6.25 inches from his own point of view.

This could also be why just about every guy claims to be 7 inches when studies show that number is in the high percentile. Because if a guy has a 6.25 inch dick then from his POV he might be reading he is 7 inches long.
    BPEL: Around 8.5 inches.

NBPEL: Around 7.75 inches.

Midshaft Girth: A bit over 5 inches but not at 5.25.

Goal:
    BPEL: 9.5 inches.
    Midshaft Girth: 6 inches.
    Semi hang: 8 inches.

Stand up with an erection press the ruler into the top of your fatpad and look at it, then every few months do the exact same way and you will never be wrong, maybe if you look different angles or whatever it could be different, but who cares, it's a number to keep track of gains not a number to brag or tell people how big you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve23 View Post
      Stand up with an erection press the ruler into the top of your fatpad and look at it, then every few months do the exact same way and you will never be wrong, maybe if you look different angles or whatever it could be different, but who cares, it's a number to keep track of gains not a number to brag or tell people how big you are.

Yeah but what I am saying is this. When your standing up and looking down at it. You will get a different number from your POV and perspective then if someone else was measuring it or if you were using a camera to take a picture of it.

Goal:

Comment

Yeah, but the whole point of measuring with respect to doing PE is to have as accurate a means as possible of determining size changes. That's why uniformity of measuring technique is stressed.
        Wood is good!

Comment

I guess that kind of depends. I mean, if you stick a small piece of thin but hard paper (cardstock, z.B.) on the mark on the ruler which you can see from the original angle (non-camera)...stick it on there perpendicular to the ruler. In your case 9" mark. Stick it in your fat pad...if you hit the piece of paper with the tip of your dick...then wallah. You could also do it the way of taking the camera measurment and seeing if you hit that paper or past it.

It seems to me that this would be the most accurate way of getting inch-insurance. I find it hard to believe though, that this would be the taught way of measuring for the last decade and no one ran into any problems like the one you are coming into now. As long as you're not bending the dick down further than parallel, and you're taking a direct (this can be tricky till you get the hang of it) birdseye view of the tip of your dick...you're not giving yourself extra length.
          Jo diggah hast du nen scraubenschlüssel dabei?

Comment

Originally posted by Diggah View Post
            I guess that kind of depends. I mean, if you stick a small piece of thin but hard paper (cardstock, z.B.) on the mark on the ruler which you can see from the original angle (non-camera)...stick it on there perpendicular to the ruler. In your case 9" mark. Stick it in your fat pad...if you hit the piece of paper with the tip of your dick...then wallah. You could also do it the way of taking the camera measurment and seeing if you hit that paper or past it.

It seems to me that this would be the most accurate way of getting inch-insurance. I find it hard to believe though, that this would be the taught way of measuring for the last decade and no one ran into any problems like the one you are coming into now. As long as you're not bending the dick down further than parallel, and you're taking a direct (this can be tricky till you get the hang of it) birdseye view of the tip of your dick...you're not giving yourself extra length.

Well that might be the problem with a direct birdseye view.

Also the reason this is important is because I made a thread on LPSG where I said i'm 9 inches BPEL and people called me out. I went to take a picture and I'm barely just barely 8 inches BPEL and my fat pad looks bigger in the picture then it does in real life.

Like I said I look at the ruler in real life from a specific angle and see 9 inches then on the camera it's barely at 8. Maybe I had the camera aimmed at the wrong place? I had it at around belly button height and because of this I had to tilt the camera so it pointed more towards my base then towards the head.

Maybe if I had the camera closer down to the base of my cock and tilted it in the opposite direction ( aimming the camera towards the head. ) I would gain that size back and it would show that's it's closer to 9 inches.

Also another thing but my erection angle usually points high when I measure I try and push the ruler down onto it so it points at around 9 oclock.

Also I'm going to try and put a marker at the 9 inch mark and the next time I measure see if my dick touches it and reaches against it. That will be the proof that I need to know that I truly would be 9 inches BPEL.

The problem though is that in a measurement pic it would not show it.
            JimmyDaHardest
            Last edited by JimmyDaHardest; 05-04-2012, 12:43 PM.

Goal:

Comment

Just did some flaccid stretched length measurements.

I kept my posture and tried to keep my back as straight as possible and not bend my neck to look down.

Was at around 8.25 inches bone pressed flaccid stretch.

If I am to lean foward like usual and bend my neck down I measure around 9 inches.

Maybe in a picture depending on how the camera is positioned or angled will show a different perspective.

In the pics I took like I said I had the camera at about my belly button and it was aimmed and tilted towards my base to show the start of the ruler. I think doing this might show a smaller measurement on the camera.

What if I was to put the camera lower closer to my base and then tilt the camera towards my head? Going to experiment with this.

It sounds silly but I have been pissed off all day trying to think about what can explain this and what my true size is. I was walking around thinking I was truly 9 inches but now if I'm only 8.25 inches I am going to be kind of disappointed.

Goal:

Comment

Dude if you dont look down your measurement will be flawed. The longer you are, the more true that statement becomes. Think about it. You wouldn't measure a wall for a painting project by standing a foot away and three feet above it if you care about getting an accurate measurement. Most people won't measure like that because it doesn't make sense to; they wouldn't be seeing the exact measurement. Penises grow in terms of 1/16 and 1/8 inches. That should make sense. Do the paper thing i suggested if you're not sure. By the way, everyone on this forum can tell you, your boner will suck for masuringbin that state of mind.
                Jo diggah hast du nen scraubenschlüssel dabei?

Comment

Dude, really? Disappointed when there dudes in here just trying to get to 7 inches? Come on, get off yourself and be of an encouragement to others.
                  Begin 7/25/2011:
                  NBPEL 7, BPEL 7.2, MEG 5.6, BEG 6

Current 12/05/2014:
                  FL 5.25, FG 5.2
                  NBPEL 7.8, BPEL 8.1, UEG 5.75, MEG 6.25, BEG 6.7

Long:
                  UEG:MEG 6.5

https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...henewuser.html

Comment

And this is why not every man can be a carpenter. The good thing is that the penis supports nothing in your body and so the size of it is relatively unimportant except from perspective.
                    If that much of your ego comes from your penis; which the people on LPSG are right about, it's not a monster, then maybe you should learn how to use a ruler so you can do something useful for everyone that doesn't want to f**k or suck your c**k. No offense, but I learned to use a ruler before I went to pre-school.
                    Here's a crash course: lay the ruler flat across the penis and press as hard as you want into your skin. Every inch should be making contact with penis skin and the ruler should point with your curve. I don't understand what could be so hard about it. If you put the ruler where it needs to be, there should be no problem with the angle you're looking at it from, although I think I know where you're having problems.
                    BPEL: 6.7-8.57" NBPEL: 6.3-8.25"
                    MEG: 5.9-6.5" HeadEG: 5.4-6.25" BEG: 6.25-7"
                    CI:1.5 -2.5
                    Flaccid: 5"x4.75" -> 6.25"x5.375" for +63% volume
                    275ml-435ml in 3 years, 6 months(active 2 years) for +58% volume
                    6.7x5.9 - 8.57x6.5 or bigger than 9/10x49/50 - 2999/3000x1666/1667

Comment

Dude, I used to be a carpenter for real and it has nothing to do with anything. The point I am making is that you DO have individuals here who don't even have average and when we who are above average complains because we are not larger than we already are then what kind of message are we sending to others who are average or below? Again when you complain about not being longer when you are already long what it implies even if that is not what is intended is that size matter and I have a long one still while most don't. Think about what you say and implication on others when you say it. Yeah, bro, I ain't no young buck and have courtesy to think about others knowing I am fortunate to be above average.
                      Begin 7/25/2011:
                      NBPEL 7, BPEL 7.2, MEG 5.6, BEG 6

Current 12/05/2014:
                      FL 5.25, FG 5.2
                      NBPEL 7.8, BPEL 8.1, UEG 5.75, MEG 6.25, BEG 6.7

Long:
                      UEG:MEG 6.5

https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...henewuser.html

Comment

It's not tough to get an accurate measure even if we aren't right over the spot we need to see. Just pinch the ruler with your thumb and finger. The finger at the bottom will be touching your penis head, so that's right where the mark is. If you really want to get all anal about it, flip the ruler over so that your finger is on the mark.

Like Steve has said in the second post of this thread. As long as you measure the same way each time, then you can accurately track progress. No one cares what size you are now or when you started. It's gains that we look for. How many inches or half inches have you gained. The actual measurement of your penis is almost meaningless, since women will be impressed by seeing how big it is, not hearing about it.
                        Starting stats
                        April 3, 2012
                        BPEL - 6"
                        EG - 6"

Comment

You're getting an inch difference in your bpel?

Then you are definitely measuring wrong. I can se +/- a 1/4 inch, but an inch is rediculous.
                          How did I get here?

Well I was looking for Pygmy.com (I gotta thing for small people, so what), and ended up here.
                          And I've been here ever since.

Comment

I am not sure how one can get an inch difference just by moving your head a bit. It is more likely that the mis measurement came from the angle at wich you held your pecker while you measured. I am at just a hair over 7 inches and I can get from around 6 and 1/2 to around 8 inches by moving my dork to different positions. However when I stand up and hold it straight out, ruler on top pressed into the ole fat pad then I am consistentlt at 7 and 1/8th.
                            You measured it wrong and its no big deal, we have had members here show pictures with claims and it was very easy to see the error. So your around 8 inches, life will still be good.
                            Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

When I first started measuring I would thrust my hips forward and that would add some length lol I don't anymore though. Also when you measure sitting down that can add like 1/2 an inch cause your hips are forward.
                              I will never stop PE'ing and I will never give up. I WILL hit 7 inches mid girth.

Originally posted by CUSP82
                              So you want to give up? How about I kick you in the nuts!

Comment

Working...
                              X