How important are off days?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important are off days?!

... when doing a manual routine containing stretching and jelqing?

So many times I read that people PE 5 days a week or even more... With normal bodybuilding common knowledge is that muscles grow during off days - can this also be said for PE? During the week when I have more privacy than during weekends, I would love to PE just everyday but I start to think that days off in between are essential for growth...

Tell me about your experiences!
    Progress Log: 45 Days: Angion Method & Fordyce Spots
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...yce-spots.html

07/02/18: 6,9 x 4,9
    08/16/18: ? x ?

Rest days are as important as workout days. Overworking leads to injury, and injuries lead to no growth.

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
      Rest days are as important as workout days. Overworking leads to injury, and injuries lead to no growth.
      If rest days were as important as workout days, we'd all have 10" dicks from doing nothing. Work days are FAR more important than rest days. What is the Most important thing is watching your PI's (Physiologic Indicators (PIs) to Help Penis Growth!) which dictates when you need to rest and when you are OK to continue.
      13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 Goal
      10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Goal

B
      link 2000's Links

Comment

Originally posted by TheSnitch View Post
        If rest days were as important as workout days, we'd all have 10" dicks from doing nothing. Work days are FAR more important than rest days. What is the Most important thing is watching your PI's (Physiologic Indicators (PIs) to Help Penis Growth!) which dictates when you need to rest and when you are OK to continue.
        Rest without exercise does nothing. Rest with exercise on the otherhand...

It's not like I said not doing PE at all makes your dick grow.

Comment

Uh oh.

This topic has come up before and some people got all flustered. Someone even promised never to come back to pegym. Just a reminder: let's keep the arguments in check, boys.

Here's what I remember from the reading:

REST IS VERY IMPORTANT... but then again, you can get away without resting at all. Some people say that as long as you have good PIs, then there's no reason to rest.
          Other people will say that while this may work for some, there is still plenty of good reason for rest.

here's how I see it: Do you really want to pull and tug on your weener every day? Rest days give you a break not only from the actual work, but the mental focus required for PE. It gives you a day off from even thinking about growing, while you actually do some growing.
          I do my routine 3 times a week and I've seen 1/4" gain in about a month or two, give or take. My philosophy is quality over quantity, less is more. If I were to do my routine every single day, I'd end up snapping a tendon or ligament and causing some serious damage, because my routine is really intense.
          Also, if you're working out the peen each and every day, I would only imagine that sex can bring you over the threshold of fatigue. I don't know how much sex you're having, but if you're like me, sex is part of life.

Other people, like hangers, can do their workouts every day and, from what I understand, it's best not to take a rest. I'm not a hanger and know very little about it, so I'd like confirmation on that last line.
          Other people do a very light routine every single day, prefer it this way and see gains.

What's best? Well, what do you prefer? Remember to follow the rules of safety. You won't see any gains if you break your dick.
          Suffice to say, both strategies work. Resting is very much recommended, but you can get away without it IF (and a very big if) you keep a strong eye on your PIs and don't overdo it.
          Toadstool
          Last edited by Toadstool; 05-22-2012, 01:37 PM.
          "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
          Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
          Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
          As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

I think the key to rest days is to monitor PIs, i am a hanger and all though many believe that hangers need no days off I have found that I personally get better results with rest days. I usually go any where from 4 to as many as 7 days on and then a day off, sometimes depending on my jobs workload I am forced to take the odd day off here and there so I would say on an average I go 3 or 4 days off and then have a day of rest. I tried the every day on and it stunted my gains, we are all different so this is why I stress reading PIs.
            When one is newer to PE I would recommend 2 or 3 on to every day off and as you become more conditioned you will learn your own growth patterns.
            I even think when starting out one off, one on is a very good approach. I know this is not a solid answer as far as what is the perfect split up but the trusth is that there is no perfect split for everyone. This is why monitoring your routines in something such as a progress thread is very important.
            Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Your penis gets damaged when you PE, and grows while you rest. How much rest is needed depends on many factors, like workout intensity, diet, age, general lifestyle etc. Some people grow more when they PE often. Others grow more when they PE 3-4 times/week but hit their penis hard in every session. Everyone is different but the general idea applies to all. Both PE and rest days are important.
              adiavroxos
              Last edited by adiavroxos; 05-22-2012, 01:52 PM.
              The best sound in the whole world is my wife.... having an orgasm!!!!

Comment

That question I believe is more dependent on the person. In the world of PE I believe there are generally 2 types of gainers. The first are the less-is-more type. This type is more suited to a 1-3 day a week routine, rest days are crucial to this type for optimal gains. The other type being more-is-more. They are more suited to a 5-7 day a week routine for optimal gains, and they can generally get away with overtraining more often.

But still in the end, anyone can be overtrained. And I believe that to be far easier to do than to under train. That's when rest days become very important for either of the two types I listed above. If you aren't gaining, or have negative pi's, you are almost certainly overtraining. Thats when alot of people make the mistake of adding more on, and the vicious cycle continues. Alot of time can be wasted.

Rest days are important, period. Infact you may just get some gains on your break. I think the key is finding out what type you are. From there you can get an idea of how much rest you might need.

Comment

Working...
                X