No announcement yet.

MD's and pe!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, if you quote from Web MD you lose rep points!!! (lol)
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
      Excellent points there

I remember reading somewhere that an estimated 99% of scientists merely practice at recycling information and rarely make any significant contributions to their field of knowledge throughout their careers; and few venture outside of their comfort zones for fear of being ostracized from their peers. It's that rare 1% of entities that goes outside of the box to make new discoveries, and we owe much of our current knowledge and technology to people like that.
      I read something about that aswell awhile back, and it seems to be the norm as of late. But I feel its only a matter of time before the majority of scientists and doctors capitulate to the fact that its been proven to work. I remember learning in my Sports performance class back in high school how bodybuilding and general fitness were disregarded by the medical community, but pioneers of that field such as Weider and Atlas proved them wrong, and its more popular than ever. If only more research can be put towards it to disprove the conforming medical experts. Someday though.
      "I came, I saw, I conquered"- Julius Cesear

Comment

I remember medical people being anti weights too.

Comment

Look at it this way. Let's say I'm a urologist who believes in pe. I have four patients. I tell pt 1, Big Al, about it. He follows my instuctions, in 6 months he's bigger, he's happy and now he thinks I'm great.Pt 2, a guy named JP, I tell him the same, he does it half heartedly for three months, nothing happens, and he's mad at me because I wasted his time.He'll never be my pateint again and will not say nice things about me to others.Pt 3, Pegasus, does it for 6 months, gains nothing because he really didn't follow the program, now he's very mad at me , I lost a patient and he may sue me.Pt 4, Norway, does everything all wrong, screws up his dick real bad, and now he wants to sue my butt off. So with 4 patients, I have one that's happy, 3 that are mad, and 2 that will sue me.If you look at the trend of people that come on here you'll notice some happy, some gained nothing for various reasons, and some think it's bullshit and wasting their time (anyone remember Fire's post). So if I or any of you guys were a urologist, would would want to have that hanging over your head!

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
            Look at it this way. Let's say I'm a urologist who believes in pe. I have four patients. I tell pt 1, Big Al, about it. He follows my instuctions, in 6 months he's bigger, he's happy and now he thinks I'm great.Pt 2, a guy named JP, I tell him the same, he does it half heartedly for three months, nothing happens, and he's mad at me because I wasted his time.He'll never be my pateint again and will not say nice things about me to others.Pt 3, Pegasus, does it for 6 months, gains nothing because he really didn't follow the program, now he's very mad at me , I lost a patient and he may sue me.Pt 4, Norway, does everything all wrong, screws up his dick real bad, and now he wants to sue my butt off. So with 4 patients, I have one that's happy, 3 that are mad, and 2 that will sue me.If you look at the trend of people that come on here you'll notice some happy, some gained nothing for various reasons, and some think it's bullshit and wasting their time (anyone remember Fire's post). So if I or any of you guys were a urologist, would would want to have that hanging over your head!
            GREAT analysis of the cost/benefit to doctors. Makes a lot of sense. Depressing, though.

Comment

You can apply this same example to nearly everything. Though I see your point, your examples are far-fetched. I've heard about Americans suing for ridiculous matters, but come on, the line is surely drawn somewhere!? Like you said, the urologist believes in PE, that doesn't mean he ensured gains! He is just telling you it is possible, just as GPs know that body building is possible, but are NOT your personal trainers. This is where the "penis coaches" would come in.

-UYN-
              19/04/2011
              FG: 4.25" +0.45
              FL: 5.19" +0.69
              EG: 4.75" +0.45
              BPFSL: 7.69" +1.58
              NBPEL: 7.25" +1.19
              BPEL: 7.677"+1.757

Comment

Yes the example are a bit of a reach but there is a reason why the good ole U.S.A. is often referred to as Sue.S.A.!

Comment

I can understand some of the reasons why a doctor would not get involved with PE- besides the "frivolity" angle (never mind the countless number of docs performing purely cosmetic surgeries) and the peer thing, with PE the "treatment" is almost fully dependent on the patient. This takes much of the actual control away from [and the need for] the doc. Yes, there are routines and coaches available for PE but it's still up to the trainee to put in the work.

Then you have the possibility of an overzealous trainee hurting himself by doing too much too soon.

All of these could be considered legitimate excuses why some docs avoid siding with PE in our litigious society, BUT it doesn't excuse the ones claiming that PE doesn't work or hyping the "dangers" of PE.

It's one thing to be cautious; it's wholly another thing to spread disinformation (whether through ignorance or intention- it amounts to the same thing).

The great thing about PE is that it's evolving as it should- from the ground up. Like most grassroots movements, this means that PE can be unencumbered by agendas and regulations that prohibit true progress.

That being said, now that some agencies are finally coming on board with PE it's important that we don't lose sight of what made it what it is today- US! It's input from the many thousands of men that have changed their lives with PE that create the body of knowledge that we all benefit from today. If PE ever gets dominantly co-opted by top-down entities, you can rest assured that the quality of information will suffer as a result. I was around to see it happen with bodybuilding- turning what should have been the essence of training for complete physical development into the drug-infested parody it's sadly become today
                  Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Very good post Al and if you didn't have a million rep points I'd give you one. I especailly like the bodybuilding analysis. I've been lifting longer than most of these guys have been alive; used barbells and weights. They didn't have machines.Just with hard work I could rip the sleeve of a dress shirt just with a good flex.Ah but time has gone on although I can still out lift a lot of these juice guys.But on the pe side, I don't really know if the doc spreads disinformation.If the part is healthy, especailly one as sensitive and socially not talked about like your dick, he will always say "Why, why mess with something that works fine.Yes you may make it bigger but their is always the risk of injury so leave it alone".Although impossible to find out, but I wonder if we had stats on ;how many guys gained,how many quit because of injury, and how many just plain quit, I wonder what those stats would look like.I think we, the pe er's are so far in the minority that pe will never come to the forefront because people just don't want to put in the time.Just like the juice bodybuilders and that very popular thread on here "chemical pe", poeple just don't want to work hard. For the medical people to accept something and to promote something it's got to be far more popular than it is.How many have signed onto this forum, given up, and are never heard from again.Is it one in 20 that sticks with pe? One in 50? It would be inetersting to find out.

Comment

Very good post Al and if you didn't have a million rep points I'd give you one. I especailly like the bodybuilding analysis. I've been lifting longer than most of these guys have been alive; used barbells and weights. They didn't have machines.Just with hard work I could rip the sleeve of a dress shirt just with a good flex.Ah but time has gone on although I can still out lift a lot of these juice guys.But on the pe side, I don't really know if the doc spreads disinformation.If the part is healthy, especailly one as sensitive and socially not talked about like your dick, he will always say "Why, why mess with something that works fine.Yes you may make it bigger but their is always the risk of injury so leave it alone".Although impossible to find out, but I wonder if we had stats on ;how many guys gained,how many quit because of injury, and how many just plain quit, I wonder what those stats would look like.I think we, the pe er's are so far in the minority that pe will never come to the forefront because people just don't want to put in the time.Just like the juice bodybuilders and that very popular thread on here "chemical pe", poeple just don't want to work hard. For the medical people to accept something and to promote something it's got to be far more popular than it is.How many have signed onto this forum, given up, and are never heard from again.Is it one in 20 that sticks with pe? One in 50? It would be inetersting to find out.
                      It seems that most docs just want to stay away from the subject, but there are a few like the one in that link I provided that are specifically anti-PE, and their justifications seem not only illogical but physiologically incorrect at times as well. Those are the ones that I'm referring to.

PE is nowhere near as intense as most sports, but it requires no less dedication and tracking if you want to maximize results.

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by wolfmesser View Post
                        I read something about that aswell awhile back, and it seems to be the norm as of late. But I feel its only a matter of time before the majority of scientists and doctors capitulate to the fact that its been proven to work. I remember learning in my Sports performance class back in high school how bodybuilding and general fitness were disregarded by the medical community, but pioneers of that field such as Weider and Atlas proved them wrong, and its more popular than ever. If only more research can be put towards it to disprove the conforming medical experts. Someday though.
                        It's getting there

Non-surgical PE is already acceptable in many countries in Europe, and it's already trickling into Government-approved medical literature here in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                          It's getting there

Non-surgical PE is already acceptable in many countries in Europe, and it's already trickling into Government-approved medical literature here in the US.
                          Really Al!?!?, This is great news! And its all thanks to guys like you and Aaron, blazing the trails, I hope to one day be a part of that group too, "The PE Pioneers" that is!!!

Thanks again Al!

Comment

I haven't heard of this being more accepted in Europe, nor have even heard whispers. Any countries in spesific?

-UYN-
                            19/04/2011
                            FG: 4.25" +0.45
                            FL: 5.19" +0.69
                            EG: 4.75" +0.45
                            BPFSL: 7.69" +1.58
                            NBPEL: 7.25" +1.19
                            BPEL: 7.677"+1.757

Comment

Originally posted by calixto View Post
                              Really Al!?!?, This is great news! And its all thanks to guys like you and Aaron, blazing the trails, I hope to one day be a part of that group too, "The PE Pioneers" that is!!!

Thanks again Al!
                              You're welcome, but it's the guys that practice PE and have proven that it works that are the true pioneers

Comment

Originally posted by upyours_norway View Post
                                I haven't heard of this being more accepted in Europe, nor have even heard whispers. Any countries in spesific?

-UYN-
                                There are urological symposiums in Europe where the use of extenders for PE have been covered and documented for years.

In the UK, you can now purchase extenders in some department stores- http://www.selfridgesbirmingham.com/...rgement-device

These are important initial steps, and a good sign that PE is becoming more acceptable to the mainstream public as well as to medical professionals.

Comment

Working...
                                X