Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Och jon!

Comment

In many ways there is no better feeling and no worse feeling then limerance because it not something that can be controlled...its is behind many broken hearts (unrequited love) and also responsible for some of life's most passionate moments...the intensity of feeling it generates in a persons emotional and mental state of being, is quite remarkable...the State of limerance can be a very hard thing, for the people in the relationship but also for those outside of a relationship looking in.
      ~ If.....
      ~ TTBB big-ginners program for JPopping boobies
      ~ Lust and Love

“It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest goddamned thing in the world.”

Comment

Originally posted by TittyTittyBangBang View Post
        In many ways there is no better feeling and no worse feeling then limerance because it not something that can be controlled...its is behind many broken hearts (unrequited love) and also responsible for some of life's most passionate moments...the intensity of feeling it generates in a persons emotional and mental state of being, is quite remarkable...the State of limerance can be a very hard thing, for the people in the relationship but also for those outside of a relationship looking in.
        Sometimes it's safer to just indulge in lust.
        Vulcan
        7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
        5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

i did not take you for the play safe kind vulcan?

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
            i did not take you for the play safe kind vulcan?
            I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
            I keep my eyes wide open all the time
            Vulcan
            7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
            5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

Interesting post. At some point a relationship becomes routine and the excitement/rush fades away. You know all of their stories, jokes, habits, sexual preferences, etc, etc, etc and then things start to get boring. Well, maybe not boring, but nothing new surfaces. For example, my lady is beautiful, is very intelligent and loves to experiment in bed... But still, the eventual "been there, done that, talked about that" feeling hits me and that "WOW" feeling towards her just doesn't jump out at me as often as it did. It makes a relationship harder. But if the person is worth it (and she is), then the effort to create that new rush is not a big deal. However, eventually all the vacations, spur of the moment sex, adventure dates, and fun things a couple can do gets done and you either are happy with them as a person and longer need that rush or are driven to go find it again with someone new.

My 2 cents on this topic

MD
              Mc Dong

Comment

Sometimes the best moments are spent talking, walking, playing, building lego blocks ... very simple things.

And if the person is mentally prepared, that person will be able to control the feelings of limerence.
                Future owner of a glorious cock.

I'll call it, the thunder dragon.

Comment

I can't wait for it to happen to me.....Just for something different.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

@KP: Ever tried LSD? Well, LSD while skydiving is much better.
                    Future owner of a glorious cock.

I'll call it, the thunder dragon.

Comment

I'm definitely in a state of limerance and with the same woman I dumped a few weeks ago.

I'm beginning to wonder if it'll last at all... i am feeling more and more like her emotional tampon, but she won't let go of me. And me in this transition in life going from graduate school to a career... is liking the attention. shit...
                      Dante311
                      Last edited by Dante311; 01-08-2011, 10:40 AM.
                      A Bigger Beginning w/ Dante311 - Log
                      NEW LOG!

May '15 - 6.9" BP
                      GOAL - 7.5 BP

Comment

My girlfriend and I are very much in the limerance phase right now. I really fear the thought of one or both of us falling into a rut after a year or two.

Comment

Nice post TTBB.

Limerance and love really are not the same thing. They overlap but there are significant differences. I have had several relationships where I loved a girlfriend but was not particularly affected mentally by any of the points contained in the Limerance definition. It might even be said that I did not deeply love them, but I am sure Limerance was a minor part at best and the main thing those relationships contained was genuine love. Although I found the women sexually interesting and could always perform sex with them I did not find them very sexy and seldom thought about sex with them outside of the actual doing.

By contrast, several girls who I did not know particularly well invoked clear Limerance reactions in me. One of them was so strong that I was a totally overwhelmed. I kept thinking about making babies with her all the time. I literally had to self-restructure my mind to get control of it back. Once that was accomplished which took about 3 months I realized that Limerance is a powerful and highly addictive feature of brain physiology. Limerance probably is natural selection's method for promoting superior offspring. In humans I suspect it is little different from the same thing found in animal mating behavior.

This is not to say that a relationship that starts with Limerance is doomed to fail, but I believe that when the biological aspect finally settles out and we know that it does, the relationshp may have to redefine itself to continue. If it doesn't do this the relationship may become dead if genuine love was never there or did not develop.
                          Where there is PE there is love and understanding.

Start, Oct. '10:
                          BPEL: 7.0"
                          May 2014:
                          BPEL: 7 and ~7/8"
                          Goals:
                          2014: BPEL 8.0"
                          2025: BPEL 36.0"

Comment

Not going to lie, TTBB... this post scares me. I'm not a social scientist or savant in psychology, but everything you termed to define a state of limerance is what I feel... hope, expectation, desire, doubt, fear, rejection, hopelessness, void...

I need to get rid of this one...
                            A Bigger Beginning w/ Dante311 - Log
                            NEW LOG!

May '15 - 6.9" BP
                            GOAL - 7.5 BP

Comment

Wow. I know the feeling very well. I agree it's completely uncontrollable and that fact drives me more crazy.
                              I've never seen it thru to the next stage. This is the type of info I don't like knowing lol. When there is a real scientific reason. For sure there has to be stages. Elimination or relaxing of it. Otherwise we couldn't function properly!
                              The Dick is the Best Toy Ever!

Comment

I got out of a severe case of Limerance. Here's a few notes on what got me out of it.

* Got rid of all traces of the person- Facebook, cell phone number, old emails, web links related to them, pictures on hard drive etc. Be thorough. You need this for your own good, it does not mean you hate them.
                                * Talk to yourself about what it is you are hooked on about them. Be honest, explore the pain. Try and decide how those things might be found in other places.
                                *Give yourself some space. Do not date for a while, do not socialize heavily for a while, take some time for you. Maybe start a new hobby.
                                *When you finally get them out of your head regularly remind yourself how nice it is to be free and how YOU own your life.
                                *For the first 6 months or so after rehabilitation, do not google their name, do not allow yourself to think frivolously about the person (only applies after you have control of it). Relapse could occur if you are not careful.
                                *Find a new date. Do not look for someone who is simply an obvious replacement. If the Limerance target was a tall blonde who was into skiing, then look for a short brunette who paints or something like that.
                                Where there is PE there is love and understanding.

Start, Oct. '10:
                                BPEL: 7.0"
                                May 2014:
                                BPEL: 7 and ~7/8"
                                Goals:
                                2014: BPEL 8.0"
                                2025: BPEL 36.0"

Comment

Working...
                                X