No announcement yet.

Height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the subject of height. Many scientists believe that after the age of 25 most men (unsure about women) stop growing in height. I was wondering if anybody could comment on it (particularly if people DO stop growing about 25, and if it is possible for people to put on height after the age of 25).

Comment

Stats show the average us adult male over 24 is 5'9".

i'm 6'1" and quite content ith my height.
      A Bigger Beginning w/ Dante311 - Log
      NEW LOG!

May '15 - 6.9" BP
      GOAL - 7.5 BP

Comment

hey dude, it's not the height that matters... it's the person that is inside that body -- even if you're tall and you lack confidence and sense of humor, you're shy or you're ashamed of yourself, it's useless
        Start 2010-02-14: 6" BPEL x 4.5" EG
        2017-05-27: 21cm (8 1/4") BPEL x 5" EG, flaccid at 5" (same)
        2018-05-05: 23cm (9") BPEL (can reach 9 1/4" depending on how I measure it) x 5" EG, flaccid at 5" (same)

Comment

Originally posted by NSF001 View Post
          On the subject of height. Many scientists believe that after the age of 25 most men (unsure about women) stop growing in height. I was wondering if anybody could comment on it (particularly if people DO stop growing about 25, and if it is possible for people to put on height after the age of 25).
          I believe it is true that hardly anyone gains any height after their early twenties; girls stop growing sooner, in their late teens. Growth stops with the ends of the long bones (these are called epiphises) fuse to the shaft of the bone, thus obliterating the growth plate in between. When your long bones and vertebrae are done growing, it is not possible to put on height. You can gain weight, but that is muscle mass, not height.

Comment

On average little height growth after 16 y female and 18 y male. Maybe half an inch ,some individulas will have a late spurt of course and gain more.

Comment

I have been maximizing my HGH levels since August 2009 and have grown an inch. I'm 23 years old, it is possible but you also have to do some stretching excercises which arent as fun to do as PE.

Comment

Now as i remember, you max natural hgh output ,rather than add it artifically?
                Would be interested in how you go about this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                  Now as i remember, you max natural hgh output ,rather than add it artifically?
                  Would be interested in how you go about this.
                  You have got to be friggin kiddin me. I just wrote a whole page with all the stuff I know about HGH, press the reply button and I loose my internet connection. Press back and see all my shit is GONE !

Anway, here's my second attempt, probably won't be as long as the first one I did.

It's a combination of three things: diet, excersise and sleep.

Diet, don't eat too many things that releases energy too fast. I eat brown bread throughout the day, this keeps the insulin levels low ! You have to remember, insulin and HGH can be present at the same time, they can, but insulin will always win. Insulin is released when you're body in converting food into energy, which is its top priority. There are lists floating around on the internet which explain which type of food you should eat.

Excersise, don't eat anything 3 hours before you do your excersises. This stimulates your body to create HGH. Don't eat anything for 2 hours after your excersises. Let HGH do its work. High intensity training is way better than long duration training. Thats why you see people for hours and hours at the same pace and still don't loose any weight. Uhm, what else...There are certain sports that help you grow in height. Swimming, jogging, kickboxing, forgot the last one. I do kickboxing and football (the other type, people in the US refer it as 'soccer'). Both high intensity and kickboxing stretches my whole body.

Sleep, have at least 2-3 hours of REM sleep, this means 7-8 hours of sleep every day. Don't eat anything 3 hours before you go to sleep.

All this will stimulate HGH, this will make you heal faster, grow and look younger.

Comment

Originally posted by luweesz View Post
                    hey dude, it's not the height that matters... it's the person that is inside that body -- even if you're tall and you lack confidence and sense of humor, you're shy or you're ashamed of yourself, it's useless
                    It doesn't matter, in quite the same essence as the size of your penis doesn't really matter. But with that said, having a few inches in growth would be nice. I am 5'9", which is about 1" taller than the male average for the US population, but compared to most of my friends, I am about 1"-2" shorter. Even for 1" I'd be grateful.

Originally posted by RyanV View Post
                    I have been maximizing my HGH levels since August 2009 and have grown an inch. I'm 23 years old, it is possible but you also have to do some stretching excercises which arent as fun to do as PE.
                    This is pretty encouraging. I am almost 24 years old, I have one more year before I am effectively done growing. One of my big issues is sleep issues. I get usually near 6 hours, rarely 7, and very occasionally 8 hours of sleep. Do you now if your diet of eating not 3 hours before and not for 2 hours after exercise affect muscle growth?

Comment

This is pretty encouraging. I am almost 24 years old, I have one more year before I am effectively done growing. One of my big issues is sleep issues. I get usually near 6 hours, rarely 7, and very occasionally 8 hours of sleep. Do you now if your diet of eating not 3 hours before and not for 2 hours after exercise affect muscle growth?
                      This has to be AWFUL for muscle growth ... I do NOT understand what he is saying at all.

Bo0st
                      09/15/2009 : BPEL 7.25 EL 7.00 EG 5.50
                      10/22/2009 : BPEL 7.50 EL 7.25 EG 5.50
                      02/09/2010 : BPEL 8.25 EL 7.50 EG 5.50
                      03/30/2010 : BPEL 8.60 EL 7.60 EG 5.50
                      08/04/2010 : BPEL 8.60 EL 7.60 EG 5.60

Goal : BPEL 9.00 EL 8.00EG 6.00 :biggrin1:

Comment

Originally posted by Bo0st View Post
                        This has to be AWFUL for muscle growth ... I do NOT understand what he is saying at all.

Bo0st
                        Your probably right because I'm not getting buff, I'm getting ripped with a V shape body. I already bulked up when I was 20. I used to be buff, but I didn't like it cause it didn't fit my character. But I like how my body is becoming right now, RIPPED!

Comment

I remember way back a friend of mine was 6' 5' and married a girl who was 4' 8". An odd looking couple, but they got along great. The sight of them always reminded me of a saying once told to me by a minister at his son's bachelor party regarding the wedding night of a very short guy and a very tall girl: When they were nose to nose his toes were in, when they were toes to toes his nose was in.
                          Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                          12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                          12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                          01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                          01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                          01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                          Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

It doesn't matter, in quite the same essence as the size of your penis doesn't really matter. But with that said, having a few inches in growth would be nice. I am 5'9", which is about 1" taller than the male average for the US population, but compared to most of my friends, I am about 1"-2" shorter. Even for 1" I'd be grateful.

I don't think it does affect it all, recently I have been training my leg muscles and I'm gaining it fast! I know how you must think, after all the exercise and not eating anything. But before my training I already eat lots of stuff. Like I said, throughout the day... Most people will think after their training "OMG now its time for my MEGA shake! Only then I will grow !" Its not like that, like I said, I'm maxing out my HGH. Excercises promote HGH, eating food that releases insuline quick will block the work of HGH. Thats why I said, look for food that promote HGH. I eat brown bread because that releases small amounts of insuline in a controlled matter over a long time period. But also other food type, like proteins are good (shakes).

Comment

Here is some hgh tips from Fred Hatfield PHD, aka Dr Squat re natuaral growth hormone increase.
                              1. train 2 or 3 times a day in short intense bursts.
                              2. Avoid food for 45-60 min after training
                              3.train in a warm gym or wear warm clothing
                              4. Sauna
                              5. sleep at night also 30 min naps during day.
                              6. arginine ,ornithine amino's
                              7. talks about diet carbs ,protein etc
                              8.eat more frequent meals

There might be more, will have a look at my books

Comment

Well I'm in a relationship now, which I was not when I first posed this question, but my GF is 5'9" and before me all of the guys she's been with have been 5'10ish or shorter. She always makes comments about how she likes my height or my long arms etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X