No announcement yet.

How to overcome "Overthinking"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to enjoy some Tequila or Orange Gin. Helps me ponder the intricacies, at a slower rate.
    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

19274793_10213503514968094_8664515452914800566_n.jpg

saw this and thought of you
      8-10-2017:
      6.7x4.8
      NOW:
      7x5

log

Comment

Originally posted by dualdimension View Post
        The best thing about meditation is it is really simple, practice is the goal! You always improving. You can do it right now. Just sit down close your eyes and focus on your breath, just listen to that. And if a thought pops into your mind bring the focus back to the sound of your breath. Keep practicing and it becomes easier and easier. I like to focus just below my tummy button, this is also a chakra. Can't remembre which one. The important thing is focusing on one thing at a time. Before you know it you will be more aware of your present state and the sounds and feelings around you. It is really amazing and blissfull. Give it a go!
        You know, i think this is just what i need. Sounds peaceful and i cant think of anything better than peaceful to ease the inner anger.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
          I like to enjoy some Tequila or Orange Gin. Helps me ponder the intricacies, at a slower rate.
          I hear you on that, i very much enjoy a nice cold beer. Usually turns into a couple more but thats the magic of it. Before you know it your having a blast and forgot about why you were even mad to begin with,

This is a great remedy as long as accompany by a partner, otherwise ill just end up breaking everything if in my room if im alone lol. No but seriously it really does ease the mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead View Post
            I hear you on that, i very much enjoy a nice cold beer. Usually turns into a couple more but thats the magic of it. Before you know it your having a blast and forgot about why you were even mad to begin with,

This is a great remedy as long as accompany by a partner, otherwise ill just end up breaking everything if in my room if im alone lol. No but seriously it really does ease the mind.

Personally I find it makes things worse the next day !

Or even when I drink sometimes it makes me more pissed off or depressed.

I know it sounds like cliche but drinking or drugs are not a long term solution.

Also I spoke to a councillor for a while and that really helped to put some things into perspective.
            dualdimension
            Last edited by dualdimension; 08-01-2017, 09:04 AM.
            8-10-2017:
            6.7x4.8
            NOW:
            7x5

log

Comment

I find myself with a bad habit of overthinking stuff which only leads to getting angry. Do you ever find yourself in a similar situation? Does your brain sometimes run and just doesn't know how to stop? Id like to get some feedback on this topic, i feel like its easier said to just stop then to actually do it....
              Been there done that I found the best way was to get up and just watch TV go channel hoping it clears your brain after an hour just get back to bed and sleep.

Channel hopping seems to unclog your brain I found.

NOWHARD

Comment

Originally posted by dualdimension View Post
                Personally I find it makes things worse the next day !

Or even when I drink sometimes it makes me more pissed off or depressed.

I know it sounds like cliche but drinking or drugs are not a long term solution.

Also I spoke to a councillor for a while and that really helped to put some things into perspective.
                I know what you mean, i hope i didnt sound like drinking to get drunk would be a remedy. Personally i enjoy my drinks in small quantity. There are ofc thos planned (and unplanned) nights that you know your gonna get hammered!

Im a simple guy you know, few drinks here and there makes my day honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by NOWHARD View Post
                  Been there done that I found the best way was to get up and just watch TV go channel hoping it clears your brain after an hour just get back to bed and sleep.

Channel hopping seems to unclog your brain I found.

NOWHARD
                  Thats actually a pretty good distraction lol, perfect for my add if you ask me.

Comment

Thats actually a pretty good distraction lol, perfect for my add if you ask me.
                    Beats getting drunk, you can lose to many things doing that.

NOWHARD

Comment

To understand you better what exactly do you mean by overthinking? is it overthinking as in being indecisive over making choices? overthinking over the past? or as in overthinking about stuff that is out of your control?
                      Start(11/14/2016) : 7.25 BPEL , 5.5 MSEG
                      02/11/2017 : 7.6 BPEL, 5.6 MSEG

GOAL : 7.5 BPEL , 6.25 MSEG

Comment

A good quote from inc.com:

Don't think of what can go wrong, but what can go right. In many cases, overthinking is caused by a single emotion: fear. When you focus on all the negative things that might happen, it's easy to become paralyzed. Next time you sense that you starting to spiral in that direction, stop.
                        Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Working...
                        X