The Ultimate Burrito vs. The Mad Yogi : A Weight Loss Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultimate Burrito View Post
    7/27/2020 Weigh-in: 194.4 lbs (-2.6 lbs)
    -7.8 lbs total
    7/28/2020 Weigh-in: 196 lbs (+1.6 lbs)
    -6.2 lbs total

I'm sure the extra weight is because my poop cycle has been off since changing diet. yesterday I started eating some raw celery again in hopes that the extra fiber will help. By all means I should still be in keto because I haven't changed anything or eaten/drank anything that I shouldn't. Maybe the earth's gravitational field is just stronger today .
    Ultimate Burrito
    Member of the Month Oct 2017
    PEGym Hero
    Last edited by Ultimate Burrito; 07-29-2020, 07:27 AM. Reason: Burrito couldn't do math lol
    Progress Log | Extender Progress Log
    Recommended Routine
    2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > 2020 (8 x 5 3/4) > Oct 2021 (7 1/2 x 5 3/4)
    BPEL Gains: 2.5" | MEG Gains: 1.25"

Comment

Don't stress it does that :P
      Take it from someone who battles with weight since birth :P
      25th june 2020: BPEL 14cm x EG 11cm (NBPEL 11.5cm) NBPFL 8.5cm x FG 10cm
      5th August 2020: BPEL 16.5cm x EG 13cm (NBPEL 14.5cm) NBPFL 10cm x FG 10.5cm
      25th september: ??
      Goal 18cmx16cm
      https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...eekly-log.html

Comment

-6.2 lbs total

I'm sure the extra weight is because my poop cycle has been off since changing diet. yesterday I started eating some raw celery again in hopes that the extra fiber will help. By all means I should still be in keto because I haven't changed anything or eaten/drank anything that I shouldn't. Maybe the earth's gravitational field is just stronger today .
        Originally posted by 6and4.2 View Post
        Don't stress it does that :P
        Take it from someone who battles with weight since birth :P
        Yeah, it does that ...

7/28 Weigh In -- 197 lbs (-3.4 total)

Today is just straight keto/low carb on the diet and a medium intensity hypertrophy workout day (mostly bodyweight calisthenics).

In all seriousness, see my earlier post. A fluctuation of 2 lbs either way from one day to the next is not an indicator of gain or loss. What you want is to see that range moving down over time.
        START : 2/6/2020
        BPEL : 5.875" - BaseEG : 5.25" - MSEG : 5.0"
        CURRENT : 11/18/2021
        BPEL : 7.5" - BaseEG : 5.75" - MSEG : 5.75"

BPEL GOAL : 7.5+" - MSEG GOAL : 5.75+"

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

Originally posted by madyogi View Post
          In all seriousness, see my earlier post. A fluctuation of 2 lbs either way from one day to the next is not an indicator of gain or loss. What you want is to see that range moving down over time.
          Yeah I totally agree with that. At first I was like WTH but then I reminded myself that no variables have changed and this method has worked up til now so just trust the process. In all seriousness, a continued weight loss of 1.5lbs or more per day just isn't healthy and I'd be foolish to expect that. Now all the "low hanging fruit" is gone and the pounds will likely come off more slowly.
          Recommended Routine
          2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > 2020 (8 x 5 3/4) > Oct 2021 (7 1/2 x 5 3/4)

Comment

Yeah I totally agree with that. At first I was like WTH but then I reminded myself that no variables have changed and this method has worked up til now so just trust the process. In all seriousness, a continued weight loss of 1.5lbs or more per day just isn't healthy and I'd be foolish to expect that. Now all the "low hanging fruit" is gone and the pounds will likely come off more slowly.
            Just keep in mind that when you suddenly eliminate carbs, your glycogen stores are depleted quickly right out of the gate. It's expected to see a quick drop in water weight from that and it can fluctuate quite a bit. The water weight can come and go, too, depending on salt, carbs, etc... so don't put much stock in the day-to-day metrics as long as your nutrition is on point.

Are you monitoring you ketone levels regularly?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny D View Post
              Are you monitoring you ketone levels regularly?
              No, I just try to stay under 50g carbs per day. I thought about buying the strips or whatever but from what I have heard, staying under 50 carbs is a pretty good surety that you will remain in ketosis.
              Recommended Routine

Comment

Another amazing dinner!
                https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/k...a-with-zoodles
                Snapchat-375535863.jpg

And for the first time in over a week, something sweet!!!
                https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/s...hocolate-treat
                Snapchat-783003559.jpg
                Even added chilli powder to the ones on the right.

I've been adding all these meals as a full documentary of my weight loss journey so that when I hit my goals there will be a complete list of how. My hope is that others will be inspired and want to lose weight and with this thread they will have the tools and meals to do so.
                Ultimate Burrito
                PEGym Hero
                Last edited by Ultimate Burrito; 07-28-2020, 07:43 PM.
                Recommended Routine

Comment

Looks yummy! We love zoodles around our house. We had an asian style beef stir fry with a bunch of veg (cabbage, onion, peppers, carrots, etc) sans rice.

Always so busy at my place around dinner time, I never think about taking pics.

I love the idea of adding the recipes here like logging your workouts in your PE progress log. That was kind of the motivation for starting this little "contest" in the first place. That, and the potential to talk some shit, which is always fun!
                  madyogi
                  Member of the Month April 2020
                  PEGym Hero
                  Last edited by madyogi; 07-28-2020, 08:58 PM.

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

Originally posted by madyogi View Post
                    Looks yummy! We love zoodles around our house. We had an asian style beef stir fry with a bunch of veg (cabbage, onion, peppers, carrots, etc) sans rice.

Always so busy at my place around dinner time, I never think about taking pics.

I love the idea of adding the recipes here like logging your workouts in your PE progress log. That was kind of the motivation for starting this little "contest" in the first place. That, and the potential to talk some shit, which is always fun!
                    This was my first time doing zoodles and it won't be my last!!! It was better than pasta IMO. The recipe didn't call for cooking them, just warm them in the sauce. The crunch was perfect with the chew of the bacon. I love the culinary field and trying these recipes has led me to new experiences in the kitchen and fresh ideas for future recipes. Oh and my cast iron is getting it's workout lol.
                    Recommended Routine

Comment

This was my first time doing zoodles and it won't be my last!!! It was better than pasta IMO. The recipe didn't call for cooking them, just warm them in the sauce. The crunch was perfect with the chew of the bacon. I love the culinary field and trying these recipes has led me to new experiences in the kitchen and fresh ideas for future recipes. Oh and my cast iron is getting it's workout lol.
                      Cauliflower rice is a good keto substitute for rice dishes too, just for future reference. Did you use the frozen zoodles or did you grate them yourself? I like the fresh zucchini grated into zoodles better. It's less soggy that way, but it's a fair bit more work. We always get the riced cauliflower frozen.

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

-6.2 lbs total
                        7/29/2020 Weigh-in: 194 lbs (-2 lbs)
                        -8.2 lbs total
                        Ultimate Burrito
                        PEGym Hero
                        Last edited by Ultimate Burrito; 07-29-2020, 07:28 AM. Reason: math error
                        Recommended Routine

Comment

7/29/2020 Weigh In -- 196.0 lbs (-4.4 total)

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

No, I just try to stay under 50g carbs per day. I thought about buying the strips or whatever but from what I have heard, staying under 50 carbs is a pretty good surety that you will remain in ketosis.
                            Probably a good rule of thumb. If it's just VLC that you're after, that's a good number. But if ketosis is your goal, the strips could be handy. I have a friend who stays well under 50 gr but 1 single glass of wine will kick her out of ketosis. Just something to consider...

You guys are both killin it! Love the discipline and how you're having fun with it.

Comment

7/29/2020 Weigh-in: 194 lbs (-2 lbs)
                              -8.2 lbs total
                              7/30/2020 Weigh-in: 192.8 lbs (-1.2 lbs)
                              -9.4 lbs total
                              Recommended Routine

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny D View Post
                                Probably a good rule of thumb. If it's just VLC that you're after, that's a good number. But if ketosis is your goal, the strips could be handy. I have a friend who stays well under 50 gr but 1 single glass of wine will kick her out of ketosis. Just something to consider...

You guys are both killin it! Love the discipline and how you're having fun with it.
                                I really appreciate your input here and encouragement. You have shared some great information.

Pretty much, what you see posted here for meals and snacks is all I have eaten. I've been cooking batches of 4 servings for each meal and will typically cook two days straight and then eat leftovers and then a couple day later cook another meal and so forth. Fluid intake consists of only coffee and water, that's it. In the mornings I fill up the coffee pot to the 6 mark and drink that (about 2 and 2/3rds coffee cups). The rest of the day I'm drinking water and drink about 2.7L per day. Now that I have some nuts (besides the two I've always had ) I will eat one or two pecans or 3 or 4 pinches of pumpkin seeds just for a snack but I try to be careful not to go over board but there is only 1 net carb per ounce in either so it is relatively safe in moderation.
                                Recommended Routine

Comment

Working...
                                X