No announcement yet.

The Ultimate Burrito vs. The Mad Yogi : A Weight Loss Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another positive sign is in my cardiovascular conditioning.
    Veins are another good indicator
    25th june 2020: BPEL 14cm x EG 11cm (NBPEL 11.5cm) NBPFL 8.5cm x FG 10cm
    5th August 2020: BPEL 16.5cm x EG 13cm (NBPEL 14.5cm) NBPFL 10cm x FG 10.5cm
    25th september: ??
    Goal 18cmx16cm
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...eekly-log.html

Comment

Originally posted by 6and4.2 View Post
      How's the mirror looking for each of you?

In terms of abdomen perception or "rip lines"?
      In the mirror it's looking good. I just have a slight hump but not a handle. My pecs have really toned up and I have the swimmers V going for my lower torso. My fat pad has also reduced some but I still have a bit of a belly. If I flex I can see the rectangle outline of my abs and there is more definition. Looking down while standing I can see the burrito again haha. Also my thighs have lost some flub. I've also been able to move up one belt notch comfortably.
      Progress Log | Extender Progress Log
      Recommended Routine
      2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > 2020 (8 x 5 3/4) > Oct 2021 (7 1/2 x 5 3/4)
      BPEL Gains: 2.5" | MEG Gains: 1.25"

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimate Burrito View Post
        7/31/2020 Weigh-in: 192 lbs (-0.8 lbs)
        -10.2 lbs total

2/3rd's of the way there
        8/01/2020 Weigh-in: 194 (+2 lbs)
        -8.2 lbs total

Yeah I did eat over a pound of Tyson's Ayntizers Buffalo Wings for dinner. I was hungry. But looking at the total carb count the whole thing was only 15 carbs and about 950 calories so not bad but a lot of weight of food... but this too shall pass .

I'm going to do my best to stick to my diet this weekend but it may be really challenging. I already know I'm going to blow my diet some with my kids because my cast iron and spatulas are coming in today and I'm making them smash burgers and there's no way I'm not going to try one in all it's glory. I also don't have any more keto meals prepped so I am going to have to just keep my fingers crossed and maybe just eat protein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yX_bpbCmfo&t=337s
        Recommended Routine
        2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > 2020 (8 x 5 3/4) > Oct 2021 (7 1/2 x 5 3/4)

Comment

So, I totally failed to weigh in this morning. I was so excited about how unseasonably nice the weather was in Central Arkansas, so I got up with the intention to go do a legit trail run, and completely forgot about the weigh in. Today is a cheat day, so I probably won't weigh in officially until Monday.

Whatever the case, I went out to Pinnacle Mountain, about 5 miles out of town to test myself with my first legit trail run in months. I ran a 3.5 mile trail around the base of the mountain in 35:27, so just a hair over 10 minutes a mile, which actually really good over uneven ground on a trail with varying degrees of technical difficulty. I'm super pleased with how my cardiovascular conditioning is improving during this process. I didn't have to slow from my running/jogging pace at all, except in places where the technical difficulty of the trail demanded slowing down for safety's sake.

I'll also note that over the past 3 years or so I've had bouts of knee problems. Here and there I've overdone it, then had to scale back all exercise due to knee inflammation/pain. At one point, it took six months to rehab, and I honestly thought I was going to have to have surgery if I ever wanted to run trails again. Well, there have been no signs of knee issues in months, and I just ran this trail within 2 minutes of my personal best, so I'm super stoked about how things are going on that front. I may not win this challenge, but so far it has proven to be beneficial in kicking my ass into gear!

Cheers to everyone's weekend!
          START : 2/6/2020
          BPEL : 5.875" - BaseEG : 5.25" - MSEG : 5.0"
          CURRENT : 11/18/2021
          BPEL : 7.5" - BaseEG : 5.75" - MSEG : 5.75"

BPEL GOAL : 7.5+" - MSEG GOAL : 5.75+"

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

Watch out for those hamburger rolls. They usually contain at least 30 g of carbs. Though the hamburger is rated low in carbs, they usually spike my Blood sugar, I believe from the fat. Try eating the burger without the roll (ground beef stake.)
            Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
            12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
            12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
            01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
            01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
            01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
            Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Not saying it is healthy - but freshman year at college I lost 50 pounds. My formula was - one meal a day 6 days a week. Snacks were unbuttered but salted popcorn (before air poppers, so in a popcorn maker with a little oil so the salt would stick). Then on the 7th day, cheat day as you call it, I said I could eat anything and everything I wanted without restriction. Thing is, over the days of not eating but one meal a day, my stomach shrunk up. So even though I could eat all I wanted on day 7, my stomach was small and I got full really quickly. But it was the goal of that 7th day of eat anything and everything reward that kept me going. Good luck on your challenge.

Another alternative is to get a job doing manual labor and see everything go away. I'm down 8 pounds in two weeks just doing my thing. Everyone is different.

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
                Watch out for those hamburger rolls. They usually contain at least 30 g of carbs. Though the hamburger is rated low in carbs, they usually spike my Blood sugar, I believe from the fat. Try eating the burger without the roll (ground beef stake.)
                The tools I ordered didn't come in early enough to do the burgers today but I did go ahead and make the sauce and it is AMAZING! There is a keto recipe for homemade keto hamburger buns I considered doing but I want to experience at least one burger in it's full glory.

I'll add this as a side note. I ordered one Meater + wireless thermometer ($100 value) and Amazon sent me the on that contains two! (almost a $200 value) I got so lucky!!!
                Recommended Routine

Comment

Originally posted by TheZZMan View Post
                  Not saying it is healthy - but freshman year at college I lost 50 pounds. My formula was - one meal a day 6 days a week. Snacks were unbuttered but salted popcorn (before air poppers, so in a popcorn maker with a little oil so the salt would stick). Then on the 7th day, cheat day as you call it, I said I could eat anything and everything I wanted without restriction. Thing is, over the days of not eating but one meal a day, my stomach shrunk up. So even though I could eat all I wanted on day 7, my stomach was small and I got full really quickly. But it was the goal of that 7th day of eat anything and everything reward that kept me going. Good luck on your challenge.

Another alternative is to get a job doing manual labor and see everything go away. I'm down 8 pounds in two weeks just doing my thing. Everyone is different.
                  A few years ago I lost 31 lbs in 8 weeks doing something similar. I ate eggs for breakfast, a special smoothie for lunch and chicken and veggies for dinner. The weekends were free days. I really think allowing for free days allows a diet to be sustainable otherwise you end up hating your life and when you finally give in, you give in big.
                  Recommended Routine

Comment

Tonight's keto dinner

Snapchat-90737177.jpg
                    Snapchat-2032602120.jpg
                    Snapchat-807302055.jpg
                    Recommended Routine

Comment

8/01/2020 Weigh-in: 194 (+2 lbs)
                      -8.2 lbs total
                      8/2/2020 Weigh-in: 193 lbs (-1 lbs)
                      -9.2 lbs total

I was honestly surprised to see that I lost weight. Lunch yesterday was a 3 egg omelette with cheese and dinner was a ribeye that was just over a pound and broccoli. My digestive cycle has also been off and unless I eat a lot of celery that has a lot of fiber I will go a couple days between bathroom trips. I am thinking my body is just adjusting to this new meal intake. I'm eating far less and barely have any sugar or carbs. Today is the day I'll do smashburgers though so I'll finally eat unhealthy for once lol.
                      Recommended Routine

Comment

Totally worth the carbs

Snapchat-2145548495.jpg
                        Snapchat-2135158304.jpg
                        Recommended Routine

Comment

Totally worth the carbs
                          ... but did it change your life?

(I'm literally dying looking at those ...)

Comment

Originally posted by Dickinger View Post
                            ... but did it change your life?

(I'm literally dying looking at those ...)
                            It was prolific! The kids and I loved them. The sauce in the video was amazing too. Great dipping sauce for nuggets as well.

I ate one and a half and decided not to do my chocolate treat today. Technically I'm staying within my 50 carb rule but it just depends on what I do for dinner.
                            Recommended Routine

Comment

8/2/2020 Weigh-in: 193 lbs (-1 lbs)
                              -9.2 lbs total
                              8/3/2020 Weigh-in: 191 lbs (-2 lbs)
                              -11.2 lbs total

Was pretty shocked by today's weigh-in, I mean I ate those life changing burgers, buns and all. I think my saving grace was that I stayed active with the kids and we went around a lake feeding ducks and swam at my parents for a couple hours. I tried to be smart about the hamburgers, one bun was 26 carbs and I had one and a half so 42 plus a few carbs from the cheese so I know I went over my 50 carb limit but at least I didn't bust the gate wide open.
                              Recommended Routine

Comment

8/3 Weigh In -- 195.4 lbs (-5.0 lbs total)

No change over the weekend, which is probably the best I can hope for given the cheat on Saturday. Onward into another week!
                                START : 2/6/2020
                                BPEL : 5.875" - BaseEG : 5.25" - MSEG : 5.0"
                                CURRENT : 11/18/2021
                                BPEL : 7.5" - BaseEG : 5.75" - MSEG : 5.75"

BPEL GOAL : 7.5+" - MSEG GOAL : 5.75+"

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

Working...
                                X