No announcement yet.

Why is HF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope77, did your scar tissue cause the hf as well? It seems like the days I push it at gym, manual labour, lifting, bending and crouching I seem to get the symptoms of hf. Is this something that goes away? Or do I have to put my cross up daily? Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikebranada View Post
      Hope77, did your scar tissue cause the hf as well? It seems like the days I push it at gym, manual labour, lifting, bending and crouching I seem to get the symptoms of hf. Is this something that goes away? Or do I have to put my cross up daily? Regards.
      It went away after my peyronie stabilized. Unfortunately I have it again after another injury that led to calcification. Even with a symptom of venous leak now.

For you, it might be caused by a tight pelvic floor; just relax and get your mind off it. With time it will be gone. L Arginnie helps a lot for HF

Comment

Originally posted by HFrecovering View Post
        I honestly cannot believe there are posts still like this after 10 years. Not going to waste my time on replying to things like this anymore.

My time to exit this forum once again.

I'm out.
        Your sort of comment can be misleading. Many people have injuries in their penis and thus hard flacid but you make it seem like a tight pelvic floor is the only cause. While i understand that it is fine not to scare people, we should also let people know about the risks that exists with certain conditions like HF

Comment

Hope, I'm afraid to ask you this but how did you get hurt the second time? However was the first time an accident too? We're you doing any pe? You said you had Peyronie's, how bad was the angle? Sorry, questions.

Comment

Never had HF before PE.
            But now here I am, one year later.

Comment

Found this in my travels
              ard Flaccid Syndrome: Penetrating What We Know

December 03, 2018Have you ever heard of Hard Flaccid Syndrome? Many clinicians and lay people have no idea what it is. If you try and search it on Dr. Google, all you find are message boards and blog posts. Not a single peer reviewed paper. Posts often cite that Hard Flaccid Syndrome involves things such as pelvic pain, pain on ejaculation, a retracted penis, a “rubbery” feeling to the penis, flaccid glans during an erection, symptoms reducing when laying down, and many others. 1,2 But, is it appropriate to call it a syndrome? One survivor speculates it as a symptom of Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome (CPPS) and not a condition itself. 3 Does it seemingly cause more catastrophization to comb this symptom out? Continuing with what the author of HF Unraveled cited, do we call one of the common cold symptoms “Runny Nose Syndrome”? Alas, this issue is still a somewhat common occurrence in males and often overlooked by healthcare providers. Pelvic health physiotherapists are the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel for many people. There is hope for individuals suffering!
              First things first: there is nothing wrong with your/your client’s penis. Often, clients have been to many providers and have been given clean bills of health.4 He is shooed away with pharmaceuticals and no explanation why his friend is under the weather. Ruminating on the issue can precipitate a key ingredient to the problem: stress. 2,3,4 Stress causes activation of your sympathetic nervous system which in turn releases adrenaline throughout your body.5 This system is called the Fight or Flight response, and unfortunately your penis does not know if you are running away from a pack of rabid raccoons or wondering why you do not have the same erection you had before. Adrenaline acts by opening blood vessels more to things such as your muscles, heart, or brain and closing down smaller blood vessels, i.e. to your penis. This constant anxiety and stress can take a toll on your pelvic floor muscles too. While some of us hold stress in our jaws or stomachs, others hold their stress in their pelvic floor. They essentially forget how to relax their pelvic floor! Think of it like you have clenched your fist and you cannot extend your fingers back out to a resting position. It is stuck in a fist or you can only go part way.

So, what can be done? As I mentioned before, a visit to your friendly neighborhood pelvic health physiotherapist may be in your interest. We can assess your pelvic floor muscles to determine how they are performing. What we find can help to direct your treatment. Here’s the catch: our assessment does not have to hurt. Neither does the treatment. Some people benefit from gentle self-massage to the area using a Z-Wand or other handy pelvic floor tool. 1 But, intensive internal manual therapy probably is not necessary, especially since Denneny et al concluded in their meta-analysis that evidence for trigger point manual therapy for chronic noncancer pain is weak and cannot be recommended. 6 We can also help you to employ relaxation techniques and constructive rest habits to help calm your sympathetic nervous system and increase your parasympathetic response. The parasympathetic nervous system releases nitric oxide (NO), the secret to the little blue pill, and causes smooth muscle to relax to allow more blood into your penis.5 Most importantly, we can help you get back on track with your exercise routine so you can increase blood flow to the entire body and help to increase endogenous endorphins!
              If you are a provider, get your clients to a pelvic floor therapist! If you are one of the many men suffering from CPPS and have this hard flaccid symptom, ask your primary care provider about what physical therapy can do for you and your penis. If you are in the Chicagoland area, come to Entropy Physiotherapy & Wellness and we will help get you back on track to healthy, normal erections!

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                Found this in my travels
                ard Flaccid Syndrome: Penetrating What We Know

Good post, though surely there are cases where a physical issue may be causing and/or contributing to the problem.
                Big Al
                Administrator
                PEGym Editor
                Male Enhancement Coach Rep.
                PEGym Hero
                Last edited by Big Al; 11-15-2019, 12:20 PM.
                Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Gyu View Post
                  Never had HF before PE.
                  But now here I am, one year later.
                  So what were the 'ingredients' to bring about your injury ?
                  Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
                  Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Dangler View Post
                    So what were the 'ingredients' to bring about your injury ?
                    3 weeks of jelq + stretching.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                      Good post, though surely there are cases where a physical issue may be causing and/or contributing to the problem.
                      Yes I think a very tense pelvic floor due to modern life ,posture whatever creates a time bomb . The pelvic floor can then spasm with a small trigger . This could be a minor problem except for the cascade effect as mentioned in the above post .

Comment

What I know is that I was perfect one year ago. Now I almost don't feel my 'not functional' dick, and my marriage is sinking and sinking..

Comment

What I know is that I was perfect one year ago. Now I almost don't feel my 'not functional' dick, and my marriage is sinking and sinking..
                          You joined this site this very month .

Please note the heavy emphasis on head issues by the main stream physio in post 21 this thread . This comes up repeatedly but bares repeating; stress /anxiety etc are heavily involved in sexual issues in general but none more so than HF.

Comment

You joined this site this very month .

Please note the heavy emphasis on head issues by the main stream physio in post 21 this thread . This comes up repeatedly but bares repeating; stress /anxiety etc are heavily involved in sexual issues in general but none more so than HF.
                            I joined this month, but I have read many posts here during 2 years, but not logged.
                            My mind is ok. My penis definitely not.

Comment

I joined this month, but I have read many posts here during 2 years, but not logged.
                              My mind is ok. My penis definitely not.
                              Mmmh not convincing .

Comment

Mmmh not convincing .
                                Guy, my life is ruined.
                                If I "convince" you or not, what is the difference?

Comment

Working...
                                X